Reviews for Locker Notes
Lilchany chapter 1 . 5/20/2016
This was amazingly cute! I'm so glad you told me about it! The notes were so funny, cute and just adorable. I would love if you somehow lengthened this into at least a short story of them dating. Regardless, I loved it!
TMSantos chapter 1 . 1/11/2016
SOOOO CUTE! Really love this story, especially how Tom sent so many notes and flowers to Kelly. I think I'm gonna cry.
Victoria Best chapter 2 . 1/10/2016
Hello!

Wow, well done for winning! You totally deserve it. This was a wonderful piece of writing. You've got the balance just right - it's cute but doesn't become fluffy or yucky, and it's funny but it doesn't become distracting and it doesn't feel forced. Just a very nice, natural, flowing piece of writing and I loved it. You clearly have a knack for one shots. Maybe you could write a few and put them together? Lots of publishers publish short story collections and some have gone on to do really well. Congratulations again! The only thing I would say is that even if she was dyslexic, she would not make so many mistakes in almost every word, and she would certainly know how to spell dyslexic. I know this from experience as my two best friends and my boyfriend are and their writing is actually very good, only the odd mistake here and there, so maybe tone down on that just a bit and get rid of "dyslexia" spelt wrong. Anyway, congratulations again!
Nicole Emerson chapter 2 . 1/9/2016
I thought this was super cute, and it even made me laugh out loud a few times! loved it! :)
Myst Marshall chapter 1 . 1/9/2016
Wow that was a wonderful one shot! I really enjoyed it. I'm glad you shared it with us. And congratulations on your win, you definitely deserved it. Loved how you messed up the spelling for Kelly to fit her character.

Hope you'll be writing something else soon. :)

-MM
Joe Takezo chapter 1 . 1/2/2016
Kelly is too cute of a girl.

I was pleasantly surprised by this story. There is a strong stigma attached to school romances, rightfully so. They are filled with clichés, one dimensional characters, and corny dialogue; attributes that do not apply to 'Locker Notes.'

The back and forth of the notes made me feel all fuzzy inside dude. Kelly broke my heart. I couldn't help but feel for her. But she is undeniably cute. Her responded to Tom's advancements really made the story for me. I smiled every time I'd hear her retort Tom's confessions. And I found it incredibly sweet that after every note she was gradually changing her mind. The twist at the end was solid, too. Which showed a different perspective on the love thing, while also making Tom an even more interesting fellow. You did a good job, here. Be proud of what you've written. You'll win this.
Ckh chapter 1 . 11/25/2015
Huh. This one shot is actually pretty good. You managed to incorporate the light-heartedness ambience, along with humour and romance, making for a urm "sweet story". (Not taken from the comments, just comment).

The "twist" in the end is actually pretty good, and the notes were not repetitive. (I actually laughed a bit). Overall, great story you have here. A bit (a lot) late to say this but I hope you did well for the contest!. (What, hope is a time traveller, like bad luck and all :p). Adiós!

-Ckh
TheGirlWhoRambled chapter 1 . 11/21/2015
Hi! Sorry for taking so long to read this. Anyway, this was a really good story. It was really sweet and I enjoyed all of the notes. The humour was good too, especially the stuff about the flowers xD I liked the ending as well. I didn’t really think he’d be from another school, so that was surprising. Anyway, reading this left me with a warm fuzzy feeling inside, and considering I have a heart of stone that’s a big achievement for you :3

There was just one mistake I noticed (outside of Kelly’s notes):

“But all the jokes at our school weren’t going to be asking me to homecoming”

Also, one thing I found odd is that Tom found a lot of time to go to Kelly’s school and leave those notes for her, if he didn’t actually go there. Wouldn’t he be going to his own school?
Shoko Fuuyumi chapter 1 . 11/10/2015
It was actually a very cute one shot.
I couldn't help myself but to read it the second time.
Really, before I realized it, the corners of my mouth tug up into a small smile, thinking about how bright Tom's smile must have been.
Ironic it is that he, who is allergic to flowers, fell in love with the girl who loves them.
Well, that's how life works.
Thanks for writing.
BFangz chapter 1 . 10/23/2015
This is actually quite cute! Everyone love a happy ending and you managed to pull one off without going too far into fantasy land!

Good job.
SoulsandSwords chapter 1 . 10/16/2015
How sweet! I love the idea of this 'shy school girl' catching the attention of the 'honest popular guy.'

You did a fantastic job of not making it an overlystereotyped high school scenario and kept it simple and real. I think I would have liked it more if it was completely in the perspective of written letters. Writing the dylsexia notes didn't seem like it was easy either, it's hard getting certain disabilities accurately when you're putting it on paper; you also don't want to come across as offensive, so you once again have to keep it simple. xD

I adore the ending; I had my suspicions it was going to end in a horrible prank (probably the ending I would have done since I'm evil as an author), but you went with the happy ending she deserved. _

-SoulsandSwords
The Turophile chapter 1 . 10/9/2015
Awww :') Ahh, this one-shot was so sweet! I just really like the thought of a guy liking a girl despite her dyslexia, looks, and any other flaws she may have had! Plus the notes were hilarious, especially the PSes xD

- The Turophile

PS Nice job with the ending! I really wasn't expecting it to be a guy from another school :)
Blinkidoo chapter 1 . 9/23/2015
Aww i wish the story continued :)
justme chapter 1 . 9/21/2015
you mean dunkin' donut right? i like it a bit, though i would've preferred that the whole thing was a joke
Dill Wilson chapter 1 . 9/21/2015
You should probably report that first review to the website (hit help below). I don't know what the restrictions of the Challenge are so its hard to know what you could and couldn't reveal, but I do agree with a couple of the other (legitimate) reviewers - why would he leave so many notes without revealing himself (so she'd know he was for real) - and how did he leave the notes if he was from another school (and how did he even know her?). You could easily answer all those questions in his voice in his notes (I'm to shy to tell you who I am/talk to you etc. I don't go to this school but I saw you once at...or a friend told me about you...etc.) Also, a little more reason why he would overlook her spelling-itis ("My sister has trouble spelling too..." or something to let the reader know that this guy is sympathetic and legit - otherwise it would be easy to think this was some sick gag and not a real guy really interested in her). Congratulations for making the attempt - it's a good premise and story - just need to pull it together a little better so it feels more realistic and believeable for the reader. :)