Reviews for The 'FUN' in Funeral
BradytheJust chapter 1 . 8/11/2016
Oh gosh!

Okay, first of all, the death scene was terrifically written (I'm never taking a shower again, but it was wonderfully written) I write a lot of death scenes, but you managed to put me in the moment and portray the fear of slipping and falling.

Secondly, this concept is interesting having a character make her death a party. (Seriously I've heard of parties at funerals, but this is crazy!) You've also portrayed the character meeting death very well, shocked and scared, yet still "grasping his hand tightly"

Your word choice was also incredible and I can't wait for more!
LostCriesofTime chapter 4 . 3/18/2016
This ending, it was so touching and ...perfect.
I just loved this whole story and the way you turned it around so that Lara could take his burden and in so doing help the little girl. I love how you turned the death of a child, such a tragedy for those left behind, into something beautiful.
I just adored this story, thank you for suggesting it!
LostCriesofTime chapter 3 . 3/18/2016
Oh wow, this whole idea of them going around gallivanting is really cute, the fact he is trying to make up for what she missed out on with adventures. I can't wait to see where he takes her next on this whirlwind trip!

You have a real skill with creating natural, interesting dialogue. So often people make it so dull or just don't give extra detail, but you have such a skill with sculpting speech that it just adds to the story as it makes it flow so much easier. I've read three chapters already and it feels like I've only just begun, its brilliant.

I honestly love your writing style, you have a natural flair.
LostCriesofTime chapter 2 . 3/18/2016
HAHAHAHA the funeral scene made me giggle. You described the pathetic settings with such wit and light hearted humour and the touching parts with her mum and Reginald (love that name by the way) were a nice balance to that, bringing some touching emotion amidst the laughs.

I'm interested to know more about the dad though.

Another fab chapter!
LostCriesofTime chapter 1 . 3/18/2016
Oh wow, I really like this (slightly hilarious) description of death. Something thats usually so melancholy and serious you've turned into lighthearted and ridiculous, as well as perfectly commonplace (from the reaper's P.O.V.). I love it!

Your description of her reactions and thoughts are great, again you describe things so well I can see them in my mind, like I'm experiencing it, and that to me is the mark of excellent writing.

I love the character of the reaper too, he's sweet, considerate and mysterious so I'm looking forward to hearing more of him :D
B. Biddle chapter 4 . 3/11/2016
This story was so heartbreaking in the best way possible. I absolutely loved it. Grim reminds me of Death from Discoworld, which happens to be my absolute favourite character of that series so I instantly loved him. It was a delicious read, especially when Grim became humanized in the end, I sat here feeling so happy for him haha. Loved it, but all your work so far has just proved to be amazing, so I shouldn't be surprised haha.
Leloni Bunny chapter 4 . 12/21/2015
What a great 'changing of the guard' tale. I especially like how it didn't force any rules or traditions but allowed Lara to take on the role as she saw fit. Very nice.
Leloni Bunny chapter 2 . 12/21/2015
Heh now that's an unexpected way to leave.
Rizember chapter 4 . 12/1/2015
Really sweet story
BFangz chapter 4 . 10/25/2015
What a great read this story is!
Thanks to the author for a pleasant interlude.
Evelyn Baker chapter 4 . 10/10/2015
You pack at lot of emotion into this short story. It was an enjoyable read on a dark subject and quite well written.
MTveit chapter 4 . 10/5/2015
I did not see that coming, but now it makes perfect sense! She would make a great Grim Reaper. Again, I must applaud the way you manage to tell a story. It seems like I'm right there with them when I'm reading, because of the amount of detail used in the storytelling. I'm so happy for Grim, and I loved the caring relationship that developed between Lara and him. I thought it was a perfect ending, so thank's for sharing it with us!
MTveit chapter 3 . 10/5/2015
I'm so thankful you updated this story. I love the mix of humour and seriousness that are interlinked in this chapter. Because of the witty dialogue at the start, the seriousness at the end took me by surprise, and that really made that conversation stand out for me. I like the twist on death you have made, it's truly creative. It also makes me wish death could actually be like this (but at the same time, not), because you would be given a chance to understand how you've spent your life.

I can't wait to read on. One more to go!
Jack Bellows chapter 4 . 10/5/2015
This is a must-see piece for anyone who wants to get into your style as a writer.

This exceeded my expectations and even empowered me on a personal level. It was a pleasure to read, fantastically written, and easily one of my favorite stories on this site. It's as simple as that.
Jack Bellows chapter 3 . 10/4/2015
This piece has earned a place in my heart and it did this in only three chapters. Your readers will be treated to another unique zany twist in showing kindness coming from a strange place, but it's so much more valuable than that to me.

The amount of hope and wisdom is abundant in this piece... What I LOVE is that your characters don't just feel real -They actually relate to a lot people... So well that your reader might think they know them.

The friendship was the icing on top as it seems to be giving good people the chances that life didn't give them... It's easy to get emotional over because it's sad to see that the world suppresses so many good people to their graves and it still doesn't seem to appreciate the ones it still has.

I've got one chapter to go, but you really escalated this piece into something fantastic.
57 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »