Reviews for The 'FUN' in Funeral
J.M. Black chapter 1 . 9/20/2015
"A long time ago, I used to care about things." This opening line is so powerful! I LOVE it. It sucked me in immediately to the story. The catchy writing remains consistent and pulls the reader further into the story until one can't stop reading until the very end.
Another favorite line is the Reaper's line: "It's amusing how you humans are so attached to your vessels."

Once again you have proven that there are writers/stories that are always worth reading within the many different corridors of these writing websites.

Keep writing!
SomewhatDisgruntled chapter 3 . 9/20/2015
Very nice. Starting to get bits of commentary on death, like the line about Lara wishing she'd done more and not worried about what other people thought, which is great. Also found it hilarious that Grim threw his own little tantrum. Look forward to the final chapter! :)
Aske Nat chapter 3 . 9/20/2015
When it's my time to go, I want a death like this, too - carnivals, fancy parties, just hopping from one place to another. It sounds like so much fun!
pastryninja chapter 3 . 9/20/2015
The real tragedy in this story is that someone sang Celine Dion at a funeral. :D
And it's strange (in a good way) that Lara seems to enjoy her life only after dying. I wonder how many other people would be the same way?
deleted-account197 chapter 3 . 9/20/2015
OMgosh! Love it, please update! This is so good, and everything about it is perfect!
MTveit chapter 2 . 9/20/2015
This is really original! I like the way it's written, especially how the writing shows emotion and humour. I really like the idea that you 'become your true self' after death. That was a nice touch. Thanks for posting!
Lord Wezel chapter 2 . 9/19/2015
Once again, you do a marvelous job with descriptions and emotions, or in this case a relative lack of emotions. Lord Wezel is pleased.

I enjoyed the parallel between life and death, and the difference between existing and living. That theme is present throughout and is very appropriate. Lara's apathy seems genuine, built on years of loneliness. Really, I feel all she needed was warmth and love, especially from her distant father. However, such is the case with many people just like Lara. My opinion of Grim is good. Your description, while standard, was still well done. I liked the amount of personality you gave him (him?). I personally liked his nonchallance and other-worldliness, er, impression he gives to others. Very enjoyable character. Finally, I liked the humor throughout. Especially her concern over her body being discovered like it was, and Grim merely throws a robe over her like it was the final act of her life.
Grammatical Assassin chapter 2 . 9/19/2015
I really like the way you establish the start. I think it's perfect, in an ironic sort of way, that she is contemplating life only minutes before it ends. I'm sure anyone reading this story would shudder, as I did, over how embarrassing it would be, getting done in by a bathtub.

On a side note. I think I would have to kick Grim's ass if he took me to my own funeral...

This is a good story. It has a familiar quality to it that I have come to expect from your work. Which is, I assume, why I keep reading everything you post.
Aske Nat chapter 2 . 9/19/2015
Poor Lara... I would've been rather mad, too, if that was my funeral - still, I feel sorry of Grim as well. It can't be pleasant bearing the brunt of people's anger when they see what comes after death.

Anyway, nice chapter!
Saturnspaz chapter 1 . 9/18/2015
The title brought me here, AND I LOVED EVERYTHING! It's so well written! I want to read more :)
pastryninja chapter 1 . 9/18/2015
An engaging start! I like how you represented Death as someone calm and soothing, and the way you wrote her death. I wasn't expecting her to die off so quickly, and especially not from slipping in the bath.
Aske Nat chapter 1 . 9/18/2015
Great first chapter! I love how she turns into her true self after she's dead - there is something truly beautiful about that thought; it sends a very interesting message of how people can be one thing on the outside, while being an entirely other thing on the inside.

Nice job!