Reviews for Arthur and an Adventure
BradytheJust chapter 9 . 7/8/2016
Alright, this will be a long one. :)

You've got a talent, Mr. Gerard. A talent that not many people have. I really don't understand this story or the ending. I've reread it a dozen times and it's just not making any sense to me.
But that's okay!

This strange and crazy world you have created is like going through the looking glass and into wonderland. It doesn't matter that I can't make head or tails of it because this is the fun of your writing... the unexpected and the strange. Every paragraph and chapter show me something different, or a new way to look at something old (I'm looking at you, steamer!)
It's not the ending, it's the journey that matters... I've heard that a million times, but never really understood it until now. Now that I'm faced with an ending that befuddles me I really can look back and see all the wonderful situations and characters I met along the way. Maybe the ending was strange, but the journey made everything worth it.

So keep on writing and I can't wait to see where the next adventure takes us!

Have a great day :D
BradytheJust chapter 8 . 7/8/2016
Okay, I've got to say that my favorite part was the Steamer charging out of control and the reaction of the man "It's been going good for seven years if it wants to move on to better things so be it."

I love how crazy this world is and how the ordinary can become the strange! Also, there is a lesson to be learned here. Don't give adventurers mirrors... they will not survive the trip :)

I can't wait to read the last chapter :'( It will be bittersweet...
Zukafu Chiriamoto chapter 7 . 6/1/2016
Oh my - so that's how the other Arthur got his comeuppance. But bless, I feel a little sorry for him in a way... I'm sure it will pass.

And as per usual, lovely lyrical work - this time a lovely limerick! I have to say though, Grandma Moira's home and the events there did give me a little chill down my spine.

But all very good; another good read!
BradytheJust chapter 7 . 5/11/2016
Okay, this whole chapter was pretty creepy (I'm blaming you for any nightmares :)

Having Arthur's family throw out Jim was well written, and the whole thing was so fast I had to re read it just in case I missed anything!
Also the description of the house and the young boy was very well written. Although that old woman scared the heck out of me.

Wonderful chapter and have a great summer yourself!
Zukafu Chiriamoto chapter 6 . 4/14/2016
Well, at least the mirror is recoverable, if albeit not very conveniently. Otherwise Arthur would certainly be in a pickle.
Though probably very odd to admit, I'm glad the cake got a mention in this chapter.
And how do you react - let alone deal - with someone else living out your life? Guess it's a case of waiting and seeing how young Arthur takes to this turn of events.

All the very best to you,
Zukafu

P.s Thank you very much for the mention! It really made me smile
BradytheJust chapter 6 . 4/8/2016
Wow! Plot twist of the century!
Having a double live your life... hmm Arthur's life just took a crazy turn!
I really like your word choice in this chapter, especially listing the types of responses you can make... and I guess you really don't have a response for having a double sit in your house.

A wonderful chapter that was more than worth the wait :D (and thank you for the shout out)
Zukafu Chiriamoto chapter 5 . 2/22/2016
It's great to hear you're back on the writing bandwagon again!
(Yes, it's taken me this long to get through my emails to get to this chapter...)
Lovely chapter to read, as usual, but it is very nice to finally have the two biggest questions I've had whilst reading answered. Now it's a case of seeing what's next in store.
Can't wait until the next update!
BradytheJust chapter 5 . 1/28/2016
Woah!
A long wait but it sure as heck was worth every minute!
I like the idea of using stories as payment for a cart ride, that's got to be one interesting job!
Also having you compare the Nameless One following Alex to a duckling was interesting, as my mother often said the same thing to me when I was little. :)
Keep it up! :)
BradytheJust chapter 4 . 10/17/2015
Yay for music!
I'm a musician myself and play guitar, so the song made me happy!
And a woman falling for the sun and the moon...Brilliant! Can't wait for the next chapter!
BradytheJust chapter 3 . 10/11/2015
Another great chapter!
This world is so crazy its actually starting to make sense! Talking frogs, pigs that give out cakes, and a leader who leads because he has a big hat!
I want another chapter! Keep it up!
Zukafu Chiriamoto chapter 2 . 10/6/2015
I saw this piece when it was first posted days ago, however I couldn't actually give it the time then to properly read it. Now (finally!) armed with a cup of tea I can sit down and read. Man, was it worth it? Short answer: Yes. Longer answer: see below...

First thing, who could not be curious about a boy in a suitcase? It was a very good ploy to grip someone, or at least me, in. Then, the mantis. I mean, I thought that maybe potentially a shady person may open up the door but a mantis? That was a big surprise. And proof I have no idea where this story is going to go at all. Part of the charm though, I have to say. The whole mirror thing was really interesting, thoughtful and at points quite tense. It also nicely posed the query of what is and what is the relevance of this metal sphere?
Chapter one ended, hoho, but I immediately went straight onwards to two, eager to find out what will come next. A lizard on a train apparently. And the great character of Mr Gentlemen Cigarsmokerman; full of glorious irony, fine logic and card game extrordinaire. Also, I must applaud the fabulous use of language, such as the two meanings of "you're on fire" to create humour.

All babbling aside, I loved reading every word of this piece and I eagerly await for the next update! Until then, happy writing!
BradytheJust chapter 2 . 10/5/2015
I really liked the "Smoking jacket" man, especially when it started smoking!
This story is crazy and interesting all in one! Nice job and keep on writing!
Kitsune95 chapter 1 . 10/4/2015
This is an amazing start. There is definitely a lot of potential and it's just so very captivating.
It's all very well written and you do a pretty good job of showing as opposed to telling. Your use of dialogue also brings up interesting points which is fantastic.
Keep up the good work :)
Utsukushii Koneko chapter 1 . 10/4/2015
Wow. It's a great start and so very interesting.
The dialogue is great and it's all written well.
I'm curious to see where this goes.
BradytheJust chapter 1 . 10/3/2015
Wow! I never thought a conversation about a mirror would be so interesting!
Nice job for a first story and I especially like the quote "It shows what a person wants for themselves."
"At least what a person thinks they want." "Is their a difference?" "That depends on you"
Great job and I can't wait for the next chapter!