Reviews for Looking for Deena
JDFly chapter 7 . 2/11/2017
Damn good story!
zagato chapter 7 . 11/11/2015
This is sweet. Thank you!
alchem chapter 7 . 10/11/2015
Beautiful, touching. I appreciate your writing. It feels so honest and natural. Thank you for sharing.
Lady SeeGard chapter 7 . 10/8/2015
Liked very much the messages in chapter 2, and approve her choice not to reveal herself too soon. While online things can be enticing, they might give you a distorted view on the reality ;) Overall a good story, even if a bit sad - fortunately with a happy ending! Well done.
Savannah Singleton chapter 7 . 10/8/2015
Sad from the beginning, but glad he found Darling Deena and that they "connected".
ForeverDita chapter 1 . 10/6/2015
Completely starts off with a bang. As a reader, I was totally feeling sympathy for Hollis from the very first mention of his health issues. Love how you put such description in his various ailments, but still manage to make Hollis someone who seems strong and not someone you simply want to pity. Well done.
DianyRdz chapter 7 . 10/6/2015
Definitely one of the best ones I’ve yet to read D! The more I read with this one, the more I was enthralled with it. There are no more guys like that that will go out on a whim type, on a limb like Hollis did. We need more people, not just guys but ladies also, who will go the distance for something like this. Even if they know that there is a possibility that it may not be real, still go for it. You never know what will happen, sometimes people need to have the “courage to touch the butt” and go after what they feel is “right”.
Back to your story, loved how you used FP to bring a little bit of life, of hope to Hollis in his time of sadness and loneliness. I can see how Bridgette would leave him (not that I am siding with her) but you have to look at her side too. I mean some people are just not prepared to emotionally deal or adjust easily with things or situations like this. Most people would leave and in a sense, I prefer her to leave. Think about it, would Hollis actually be happy had she stayed with him due to pity or because she was feeling sorry for him? No, they would have both been miserable all together. So I am happy she left him, sure it hurt him and left him abit bitter but he would have been worse off had she stayed. Him writing about his story in reverse roles helped him air out some of his feelings and I believe it was for the best because if he hadn’t he would have kept that bitterness to him and what is the point in that? He has seen that life is short and you never really know what will happen so there is no need for that. Thankfully he does see that and he goes after what he aspires, needs, and deserves. Huge leap he took in following a lead like that and the research (while abit unorthodox) worked out in his favor. Call it destiny or fate or meant to be, these two people were it. Darling Deena/Cathy sounds like a smart yet cautious person. I mean this in the sense that she didn’t come out right away and say who she was. She wanted Hollis to see the real her, Deena is only part of her and he did need to see her whole. It sounds crazy because she is the same person but then again she is not… Crazy but I do get where she is coming from!(: They really do clicked, both online and offline whether they realized it or not and I’m happy that Hollis found someone that would be there for him and would support him in whatever he may need without it being done out of pity.
I may have missed the whole point in this but I may have not. Loved this story and the message (I think) it is sending(: