Reviews for Winter Disgrace
Guest chapter 14 . 7/23
Oh la! Where has Miss Oak gone?
Georgia W chapter 2 . 2/18
It says "cut in the street" - personally I would rephrase that to something else... Being ignored in public back then was worse than getting deleted from a person on social media - denouncement

Maybe put ellipses for the splutters of the aunt during her speech.

"He is no turncoat aunt. I do not blame ... " - "He is no turncoat, Aunt; I do not blame him..."

When mentioning Benjamin firstly put his name then you can continue through with "Mr Moore"
Then you've gone from Alexandra to Lex - some people may not make the connection quickly (bearing in mind readers do read the sequels before the first books sometimes!)... Plus, does Annette like Lex enough to even bring herself to call her that? She resents her so would keep any familiarity at bay in that regard.

"She used Mr. Pierce" - I would change the word "used"
KarasunoFan chapter 14 . 2/8
Oh you are so very welcome! I can't effectively convey to you just how invested I am and internet's well-being. It's a tribute to your talent that I feel so much for her. I have to say I am terribly disappointed in Lex and Julian, compelling characters though they are I expected them to be a bit better towards Annette, she proved her character by all that she jeopardized. You think Lex would appreciate that and Julian would more than tolerate her for that very reason!
KarasunoFan chapter 13 . 1/19
The bitterness of the apple that held the promise of sweetness, of something she could let herself go and enjoy on at least one level...OUCH
Sanjana chapter 12 . 6/24/2017
Annette can't catch a break, somehow I relate to that. I really like her. I did not expect to like her so much before.

I'm actually enjoying this even more than savage brutality. Keep writing my old friend
KarasunoFan chapter 12 . 6/24/2017
Oh my GAWD! I thought the poor kid had finally earn some respite from hardship. Incredible portrayal of Jane and Mrs. Crowley. I am overwhelmed by their pettiness. I can't believe Mr. Crawley would leave her destitute.
Another good ready, thanks so much for putting out more chapters.
KarasunoFan chapter 11 . 5/6/2017
I was so excited for an update and somehow I missed this one!
Today I just happened to check it out to reread and much to my delight I saw this new, well new to me, chapter.

Can't speak for anyone else but I have a very tender place in my heart for Annette, I am miffed with Percy in the extreme. Of all your characters, including Lex and Julian, I believe Annette to be the most noble. So hoping that she finds some solace in the cruel world she inhabits.

Let your writing be a source of EUSTRESS not DISTRESS! As much as I am invested in Annette's well-being (fictitious though she is) I hate to think of you being burdened and displeased while writing it.

Good luck with everything! And thanks for the shout out.
augmentedDREAMS chapter 11 . 4/28/2017
I love Annette and Pierce. I'm so saddened to hear that you feel that many don't feel so passionately about them. I'm sure they do.

I'm sorry I haven't been leaving reviews. I admit I have been a lurker but I've been in a bit of an off period. Nevertheless, I always eagerly wait for your updates and I'm waiting for the next one too. I hope you update soon!
Sanjana chapter 10 . 4/23/2017
wah! tbh I really like Annette, but it was nice revisiting these two.

Hope you're well old friend
KarasunoFan chapter 10 . 3/20/2017
Loved seeing Lex and Julian again, I read Savage Beauty first here then bought it on Amazon to reread again and again. I hope Lex seeks some justice for Annette. It would be good for both of them
Guest chapter 9 . 3/13/2017
A sickening chapter, but really well-written, i thought. The saddest thing for any person is not having a choice (only one choice is the same as no choice). Poor Annette.
KarasunoFan chapter 9 . 3/6/2017
Poor Annette!
I applaud how sympathetically you are able to portray Mr. Crawley. I still feel somewhat repulsed by him but have more compassion for him than I did before.
KarasunoFan chapter 8 . 12/20/2016
Thank you for another wonderful chapter. I can't believe I actually find Mr. Crawley sympathetic, but I do. But as much as I dislike dishonesty I respect that Annette is doing what she must. We are so fortunate to live in the times we do!
Guest chapter 7 . 10/18/2016
I admit to being baffled by a few things. Were people back then actually embarrassed by someone feinting at a ball? Was it really such an unforgivable social fumble?
And did guardians (or whoever) actually set young women up as mistresses? Wouldn't the risk of someone finding out that you had pimped your charge out, prevent you from doing such a revolting thing to any vulnerable woman?
KarasunoFan chapter 7 . 10/17/2016
This chapter...I am going to have to get help to get my jaw up off the floor. Oh my goodness, I know you have other things to attend to, you are already so generous to share this world here on FP, but man oh man if you COULD update soon that'd be marvelous! Wheeeeew I can't even imagine the machinations to get out of this spot!
35 | Page 1 .. Last Next »