Reviews for The Side of Me Only You See
alltheeagles chapter 1 . 7/26/2016
I hope those weren't tears of sadness that you cried, cause this doesn't feel at all sad to me. It's more bittersweet than pure sappy happy, but then I think there's a promise of something more at the end that just lifts the tension. I can see kind of a metaphor with a storm in the three dances. The first one: tension, the stuffy feel before rain; the second: gentle raindrops, the kind you don't mind being caught outside in in the middle of a summer day; the last: a storm of emotions, wildly letting go of inhibitions. Maybe you can develop that?
LorrahBear chapter 1 . 1/23/2016
This was lovely. I enjoyed especially the part where he knew she *would* join his world, but he wanted her to stay as she is.
RosesAndWriting chapter 1 . 11/27/2015
This is actually really, really, sweet and beautiful.
Francine Brown chapter 1 . 11/20/2015
I loved it. So very beautiful. I used to be a latin dancer, so I loved the analogy of partners dancing. One being controlled and the other being wild and free. I can relate on so many levels as a dancer and a former lover of what used to be. This my friend, has made me believe that there are some people out there who still believe in love despite their broken hearts.

It has been a while since I have cried over something romantic.

I look forward to reading more of your stuff.
everyl1ttleth1ng chapter 1 . 11/2/2015
Dude, I’m so proud of you! This feels so real, so raw! AND I can see what you’re up to with your Pygmalion appropriation here - nicely done! I’d love to see you take that even further but even as it is it works beautifully. The way you put one of your characters on the outer, clinging to structure and shelter and have your other move through all of that as such a free spirit, making songs her own, making them about her - great contrast!

I liked the way you described the girls that weren’t her - “all of them as easily forgettable as last month’s fad” and that last line works so well! Such a nice light conclusion.

Aww, tears. You and your big heart.

Ok. Go get your copy of Pride and Prejudice, my friend… You won’t regret it!
SkipperCal3 chapter 1 . 11/2/2015
Wow, this was so beautiful!
AnnaChase chapter 1 . 11/1/2015
I think this is very lovely. You have a wonderful writing style and do a good job bringing emotions across! Keep up the good work, thank you for writing this beautiful piece!