Reviews for An Eye for an Eye
THEBanana316 chapter 1 . 1/7/2016
Sad, and scathing in your assessment of the boy, but feels really honest as a result. Very nice.
LorrahBear chapter 1 . 1/7/2016
I adore the ending. This was really fantastic, and made me smile in a not quite forgiving way. Excellent.
Victoria Best chapter 1 . 1/6/2016
Another lovely poem! That ending was so surprising, especially after the beautiful descriptions of the wings, which was my favourite part of the poem as the imagery was so strong and well-written. If I had not seen the summary and the title I would not have seen it coming. I really smiled at the ending - such a great way to finish the poem. You have created a character we can root for and empathise with - I myself have felt at times the same way as her. Your character is very relatable! Conveying a character is very hard to do in poetry, so great work! Another impressive piece!
PoetOfSaiMiHunManKal chapter 1 . 12/20/2015
A beautiful poem. The metaphor of a bird being a symbol of freedom but also a potential way to get revenge was incredible. The line "Thanks, but you know" and the following stanza were my favorite parts. The concept of rejecting the freedom to leave and explore other areas in exchange in favor of the freedom to kill one's enemy is quite familiar to me and was effectively conveyed here.
Wonwordful chapter 1 . 11/3/2015
The brevity of this poem drove it home. I love the use of the bird, especially the change of tone after "Thanks." I really like this poem. Thanks for writing.
pastryninja chapter 1 . 11/2/2015
Nice use of the bird (and its talons and wings) as imagery and metaphor. I also like the contrast between the wings and talons, and can empathize with the speaker's desire for revenge over healing. Well done!
Heart of Sorrow chapter 1 . 11/2/2015
I loved the last part! I can definitely relate to it! Your words are so true and heart braking.
MTveit chapter 1 . 11/2/2015
Nice! I love how this poem seems so motivational and hopeful at the beginning, then suddenly turns revengeful. I really like how emotion comes across in such a short poem, and the bitter atmosphere it creates. Thanks for sharing!