Reviews for When Few Words Are Needed
BroodingOne chapter 20 . 11/29/2016
I hope you're publishing these, hopefully in a book. Be sure to copyright your work! Publish or perish as they say. Your writing is worth it. Do it for yourself not for others (or their flaky recognition). Seriously, even a chapbook can be copyright worthy if you only do it yourself. I want to know your words will live on as they give me hope.
Jack Bellows chapter 1 . 11/23/2015
No offense, but the guy above me should not have reviewed this... From what I read, his review is more like a vendetta and that kind of review isn't useful to anyone.

I feel the piece is simple, but that doesn't make you a minimalist and, if you want, you could maybe do something with punctuation or like tinker with the flow depending on what you're going for.

The guy above me says not to let your personal feelings get in the way of criticism, but that's exactly what he does here... All I can really say is; "sorry" and hopefully this helped.

Keep Writing.
metamodernmarx chapter 3 . 11/10/2015
For the RG Depth:

This piece is rather minimalistic in nature, as evinced from its shortness and brevity. A quick epiphany, that is to say. The lack of punctuation, perhaps, highlights a fluidity in your thought processing that isn't fully fluid, more viscous, due to the poem's syntax of individual ideas occupying their own lines. I enjoyed the repetition employed within the poem, in the form of 'ABCA' - in which 'A', 'B', and 'C' represent individual ideas and phrases. The repetitive signifier ('tear drops of the rain'), accompanied by the rhyme, signifies a longing poignancy adopted by the author.

From a humanistic perspective, I may argue that your flash poem attempts to represent a powerful decay in the human condition, of which epithet has been transferred to nature, the 'rain'. A loss of hope and love for anything, fueled by a general Angst, leads the author/persona to languish in repetition, which he/she clearly despises - through the very boredom it entails. The extent of this meaninglessness is elucidated in the persona's statement of the distance traveled by 'blow(n)... wind', its 'far' nature. The conclusion to this nihilism is that this is human nature, or rather, nature itself. Hopelessness, despair, "toska" (Nabokov's Russian equivalent), is perhaps eternal, necessary, and essential to the human being.

I wouldn't go into the non-liberal-humanist approaches here, because there are simply too many present, and that some may generate controversy. Thanks, anyway, for your review, though I found it a little too technical and rigid. (Was looking for more of a close reading of the poem, not a good/bad analysis, because even humanist schools don't rate works, but instead analyze them based on a particular framework.)

Cheers!