Reviews for Please read Me
letsdotheraindance chapter 1 . 1/4/2016
I liked the way you emphasized the importance of trying to read the thoughts and feelings of the writers, not just the words and the lines. It was interesting how you were able to highlight "me" both in the title and the poem.

I really feel like poems and even stories are meant to be read over and over again. Only then do we learn how to read each line in different ways. Thanks for this wonderful piece!
theweekendpoetry chapter 1 . 12/28/2015
Powerful words right here. Here's another proof that a poem is not made out of thin air. Poems indeed are underlying thoughts and feelings that magically reveal facets of the author.
Carmel March chapter 1 . 11/29/2015
This is...so inexplicably relatable for any writer who shares their work, whether it's poetry or fiction, just with one person or on a site like Fictionpress. Again, you have an enormous talent for capturing feeling and truth with just a few lines. I love it.
LiteraryArtistDream chapter 1 . 11/23/2015
this is really unique

I enjoyed it alot
Jack Bellows chapter 1 . 11/23/2015
This really sums up what just about any writer wants for their readers... It really is like a piece of a person in those pages isn't it?

We want to improve and be loved... I personally think those qualities are very important because as long as someone remembers you, you aren't truly dead.
pastryninja chapter 1 . 11/11/2015
A poem about poems. So meta.

I enjoyed reading and *reading* this. Thanks for sharing.
LatelyBored chapter 1 . 11/10/2015
Wow! This is seriously deep. Nice poem dude!
-LatelyBored
Saigishin 13 chapter 1 . 11/9/2015
It's really funny I read this only a couple of days later, but I'm reminded of V for Vendetta's quote "remember remember the 5th of November..." but the line that it reminded me of was

"But what of the man? I know his name was Guy Fawkes, and I know that, in 1605, he attempted to blow up the houses of Parliament. But who was he really? What was he like? We are told to remember the idea, not the man, because a man can fail. He can be caught. He can be killed and forgotten. But four hundred years later an idea can still change the world. I've witnessed firsthand the power of ideas. I've seen people kill in the name of them; and die defending them. But you cannot kiss an idea, cannot touch it or hold it. Ideas do not bleed. They do not feel pain. They do not love. And it is not an idea that I miss, it is a man."

Your lines about deciding what is "poison" or "lies" that's what reminded me of the "idea's can still change the world".

this was a very cleaver Poem. I'm gonna keep it as a favorite.