Reviews for Relationships
MallowsWins chapter 2 . 2/11/2019
I like the tone of familiarity in this haiku, but the tone is elusive. This mostly works in the poems favour, it's very mysterious.
MallowsWins chapter 1 . 2/11/2019
I really like the link between the inherent bitterness of green tea and friendship.
Jaya Avendel chapter 13 . 11/5/2018
Such a lovely description of what wrong actions can do.
Bob Story Builder chapter 11 . 9/7/2017
Love all your haikus! This series with a running theme is fantastic. I thought the bitterness seeps through as a thing of pain and regret. I've been the person who was taking and not giving, and I've been the person giving and not receiving. Both sides are painful. The poem in chapter nine is my favorite because it is layered and can be interpreted in different ways. One way I interpreted it is being emotionally disconnected because if you are disconnected, you are not fully partaking in life. Love your poetry.
just-slightly-deranged chapter 11 . 9/6/2017
well written - i felt exactly what you were trying to say, and not just because i've been in this situation before. nicely done :)
Wildcat227 chapter 10 . 4/13/2017
i love them all! oh my god do i love them all.
Wildcat227 chapter 3 . 4/13/2017
LOL
Wildcat227 chapter 2 . 4/13/2017
oh my god
LorrahBear chapter 5 . 5/12/2016
Woo, harsh! I don't necessarily agree, but I love the snark, and well-selected diction.
LorrahBear chapter 4 . 5/12/2016
Makes me think of a twin.
rust phoenix chapter 5 . 2/10/2016
This is an interesting and thought provoking poem. It's difficult to balance relationships with being true to oneself.
Bob Story Builder chapter 4 . 2/1/2016
Sounds like co-dependence, which is not what you were intending. Enjoyed the simplicity of this poem.
Bob Story Builder chapter 3 . 1/29/2016
I read the topic of honesty throughout these three poems. The first one had green tea being bitter and made me think of when someone is telling you something you don't want to hear but is good for you. The second one, honesty through understanding and solidarity. Finally the third one has a humorous teasing and gentleness like someone said something that you knew already about yourself but didn't want to admit to. Good series so far and hope you continue it :)
LorrahBear chapter 3 . 1/7/2016
First, smirk is one of my favorite words, so clearly I approve.

The second line doesn't seem to flow as well for me. Perhaps something like "[It] really [pisses] me off." Of course, this is nothing more than person preference and suggestion.

Love the last line. Danger to come!
LorrahBear chapter 2 . 1/7/2016
This is delightful because the one showing empathy could be either the subject or the narrator.