Reviews for Pain
Bob Story Builder chapter 1 . 11/22/2015
The poem reads at first, tragic, but then I noticed the progression of maturity in the poem. The third line conveys an innocence and naivety you once had. It is like you wrote poetry because you enjoyed the structuring and flavor of words that went together. You liked writing poetry from stylist point of view that still had substance. The last five lines convey maturing and sort of 'coming of age' in act of writing. Not you coming of age but the you doing the writing has come of age, does that make sense? You moved from enjoying structuring poetry to writing poetry about aspects of life. You no longer write because you want to see how words come together but now write because it is how to express life.

I could be totally wrong about what I just said but that is what I took away from reading this piece. This poem is deceptive in that it is conveying complex ideas so simply. Your best poem I think because you communicate so much in so little (getting cliche I know haha). Great job with this poem and thanks for sharing it. Don't stop writing.
Marina x Machina chapter 1 . 11/22/2015
The way we write will get probably get darker as we get older...
Take advantage of it.
-Rae.
retiredaccount1 chapter 1 . 11/21/2015
Yup, you are absolutely right about that. Pain is just pain—and poetry is a way to express it. I can relate to this.
Setter chapter 1 . 11/21/2015
I know that feeling
affableFacade chapter 1 . 11/21/2015
That hit me right there. Shit hasn't been the same since I starting going to college. The days are just days, the alcohol just alcohol, the cigarettes just another source of air... And pain is just pain.