Reviews for Yellow
Stormy-Days chapter 1 . 12/13/2015
Wow, I really love this! This is exactly the sort of story I like - nice romantic comedies. You write humour really well. It's cute and subtle and doesn't distract from the story; it adds to it and adds to her personality. She's pretty likable so far and I can really relate to her as a person, I can't wait to see her grow as a character and maybe hints of more flaws showing.

This is based on your own life? Pretty awesome life! Wish I lived next door to my best friend and had men doing acrobatics on cars in front of me ;)

Keep writing because I will be waiting in suspense for the next chapter!
vanillatwilight chapter 1 . 12/12/2015
Writing from the heart means putting your characters through emotions that you've experienced yourself. Maybe you have sat on the bathroom floor just like your character bawling your eyes out, certain thoughts going through your head. Maybe you've felt the same longing or hope or anger. Writing is all about emotions, but especially when you're writing it from the "heart." Let the plot be dictated by the most important things you think could happen to someone, and produce the biggest emotions.
Daliah Valley chapter 1 . 12/12/2015
This is seriously impressive! I really enjoyed reading this and I'd loooove to read more. As to writing from the heart, I understand struggling with that. Something I've learned to do when I'm trying to really write from the heart is to not try to edit while I write. No matter how terrible the result, you can always nitpick and edit after you write. Another thing I like to do is to disengage. Let your brain float away and just write what comes to mind. When you remove the filter between your heart and your hands, wonderful things happen. Music always helps, too. Listening to film scores or music that fits the feeling of the story encourages creativity. At least, this all work for me. :) I hope this helps you. Also, don't bother reviewing my work because it's awful and I wrote it years ago and I don't want people to see it. ;P can't wait to read more. One question, though. How old are your characters? Because it mentions they're starting uni but they're drinking alcohol. Which isn't uncommon for college students but I was just curious.
228 | « Prev Page 1 .. 6 13 14 15 16