Reviews for Journeymen Apprentices
Hikitsune-Red chapter 1 . 1/19/2016
I don't really have much to complain about here; I'm finding it difficult to do so on these flash pieces...

I really can't say why, but I kind of like the flow of this story.
IronicPuppies chapter 2 . 1/12/2016
As I was reading it I thought it sounded straight out of Night Vale, so I'm pleased to hear that was one of your inspirations.
Douglas-Writes chapter 1 . 1/11/2016
The whole atmosphere, where all these entities verging on monstrosities are acting out stupid high school antics, was pulled off so well. I think it's the first-person narration commenting on the show and dropping hints of an even more morbid reality. I just like that parallel, and I might be going a bit far here, but it's like we watch shows about teenagers dealing with their own problems and it's so dramatically staged, but in reality, we go through similar circumstances without all the fuss.
LightningBolt21 chapter 1 . 1/1/2016
Very interesting concept, glad you added the author's note. I'm also familiar with degrassi and it was nice to read. Couldn't help but wish there was more : D
TanteLiz chapter 1 . 12/31/2015
As soon as I went on to your Author's Note (Ch 2 is the A/N, for those who read the reviews first), I recognized Degrassi! I knew them from a different era (mid-90s), and in a way that made your story all the more creepily delightful - as a psych nurse working child/adolescent inpatient, these were used as part of the social skills curriculum, because 'we know from the formula that new things are bad.' Ew.
Excellent use of the prompt - dipping a familiar core into a new-flavored coating lets the reader slide in with minimal exposition, and is both the hard and the awesome part of Flash Fiction. Well done!