Reviews for Ember's Heart
shadowstrike31415 chapter 73 . 5/13/2016
You're giving yourself away, here. :D

I might advise fewer details that are so similar? Just a suggestion, of course.
EventualHorizon chapter 72 . 5/2/2016
I feel like a broken record repeating how much I like this story over and over. The end is coming soon I'm sure. But for now the anticipation is building, waiting for the next installment.
RebekahFyre chapter 71 . 4/15/2016
:,( Oh, I can feel Ember's sadness. I just want to find her, cuddle with her, and tell her everything's going to be alright. Stay strong in your beliefs!

Well written, even with the content, and great imagery. Don't worry, everyone has real life issues. Just update sometime before June! Or else!
invisiblehandicap chapter 71 . 4/14/2016
Does this person have ED? lasted only a few lines? Symbolism perhaps.
eep7912 chapter 70 . 4/14/2016
This is one of the better stories I have read in awhile.
Please do finish it.
RebekahFyre chapter 70 . 4/4/2016
Where is the "love this story please become a full time author" button!? Fictionpress has failed me...

The parallel is amazing, and the story itself is beautiful. I love your world and how you take something as normal as a minute seem so new and interesting with a new name. Your characters are dynamic and relatable. All in all, I love it!

Your writing reminds me of Ted Dekker, and I mean that as a compliment. You are not anywhere near as dark as him.
sngxej chapter 70 . 4/1/2016
Look forward to the next chapter, thanks for writing.
VendettaSmiles chapter 67 . 3/30/2016
Does it sound weird if I say his grief is heartwarming?

VendettaSmiles
shadowstrike31415 chapter 66 . 3/26/2016
:-(
This chapter only made the cliffhanger worse!
Next chapter please!
shadowstrike31415 chapter 65 . 3/25/2016
No... Nanli. Cries.
Please hurry with the next chapter? Please?

And so the "murder cry of the kirtaks". Was that what called the kirtaks to the scene or something?
VendettaSmiles chapter 63 . 3/21/2016
Seems Ean is learning what Ember meant by "You destroy me."

The reversal as gains her balance and he loses his is intriguing.

And yeah, as marriage proposals - reproposals? - go, that left something to be desired. Men... seems they don't understand women in any realm.

Your writing continues to be engaging with a nice balance of clarity and subtext. ;) Very enjoyable.

Vendetta
HiluxJunky chapter 55 . 3/9/2016
The story has been developing incredibly! As far as Kaim is concerned, I would say any lack of depth to his protests may be only for a lack of seeing him. This would be a great opportunity to show some more of his background (when he goes for counseling).

Despite disagreeing with him almost wholeheartedly, I still really enjoyed his character; especially earlier in the story. He seemed to be the voice of reason, even if he suffers from a lack of compassion. Kaim seems fiercely driven to protect Salshira by a bitterly earned past experience. You could easily tap into that resource for more insight to Kaim's character.

This new turn of events with the ambassador could also prompt a change in public opinion toward Ember. Certainly Kaim is not the only one who feels so strongly.

That being said, the story is amazing! I want to go back and re-read it just so I can take it all in. I'm almost afraid it will end too quickly!
shadowstrike31415 chapter 55 . 3/11/2016
Kaim could use some more depth. Maybe part of the problem is he hasn't been in the story that much, so there has been less time for characterization. But I would recommend adding something to his character other than hating Garagrans and the sob story that was told... And that's more or less all that I can remember being mentioned about him! Maybe emphasize his loyalty or some redeeming quality he possess!

-Kat
VendettaSmiles chapter 55 . 3/10/2016
I only remember Kaim from here and when he told her to leave, although I know he made earlier appearances. I like his inclusion and feel like there is more to him, so even if we don't have all the information right now, there is a sense that he is a deeper, more 3D character. I think it is helpful to the plot line to have someone "from their side" that is in opposition. It offers more challenge to the protagonists and also the possibility of his own growth. It would seem very 2D of the story if everyone welcomed her with open arms.

Vendetta
Dracus16 chapter 55 . 3/9/2016
Well, having not seen Kaim in several chapters, I don't really remember that much of him. I think revealing a little more of his backstory might be helpful, or maybe writing a chapter from his perspective?
82 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »