Reviews for Ember's Heart
VendettaSmiles chapter 54 . 3/8/2016
This is an excellent chapter. Watching Ember struggle to reconcile her past with her new life and seeing her disappointment when old negatives remain active in her despite her conversion is very powerful. I continue to feel that you have done very well with the religious metaphors and creating realistic, believable characters with struggles that are easily relatable.

V.
VendettaSmiles chapter 51 . 3/3/2016
That's a conversion experience to remember.

V.
EventualHorizon chapter 48 . 2/29/2016
Hey, great chapter as usual. A quick edit tho.. midway through 'She taking it over.' - She was taking it over... or something similar. Thanks again for sharing..
VendettaSmiles chapter 36 . 2/24/2016
You have done a great job of world building here as well as developing engaging characters with very realistic feeling emotions. The religious metaphors are developing well without being overstated. Very glad to have stumbled across this and looking forward to future chapters.

VendettaSmiles ~
HiluxJunky chapter 36 . 2/13/2016
Wow! I am blown away. Honestly, I have never followed an original fiction before. I didn't know what to expect; I was merely poking around out of curiosity. But from moment one, this tale had me bound.

The character development is astounding. I really am touched by Ember. She has a depth of emotion I couldn't have imagined. Ean is a very compelling character as well. I also get a giggle out of Trin's frank playfulness and Lady Bethania's insight. All of them really are well thought out creatures.

Perhaps one of the things that I find most incredible (aside Crome the story itself) is the attention to detail. I absolutely love the engineering aspect of it! You've been doing your homework! It's these details that give your work a 'true to life' feel.

I love the pacing. It hasn't dragged its feet, but it also reserves enough without rushing ahead. I was a little surprised you skipped over the first dinner, but I'm sure you have your reasons. You seem to know exactly where you're taking us!

I normally don't read online, and I've only reviewed a handful of times. I have never had the courage to post any stories, but you have shown me that there's some good, creative work out here!

Don't stop! We'll keep reading!
marleymars chapter 36 . 2/15/2016
So far I think the story progression and characters are really interesting. Each character has a distinct personality, and their interactions feel believable and real. My only real criticism is that descriptions are a bit vague, like for characters' appearances and what each fantasy race looks like. The Tixeries are the only ones I have a really clear picture of in my mind, and Ember herself. Otherwise, keep up the great work.
rolphy556 chapter 36 . 2/15/2016
I love the progression so far its just the right speed at least for my taste not too slow but not too fast either. I'm excited to see what's in store for Ean and Danya with the gargarian king coming into Eans lands
shadowstrike31415 chapter 30 . 2/11/2016
I'm glad you decided to use kirtaks! They're so cute!
But what are kellas an equivalent to? You've mentioned them several times previously, and I'm still not sure how many min. they equal. Of course I might have missed it..
Other than that, it seems like you're possibly getting off track - of where I thought it was going to go at least. A while back you included a small blip from the Gargaran king. I thought he was preparing to attack, and since he can fly, that the attack would come soon. But instead you've resolved issues here and waited to start what I view as the bigger conflict (?)
Please tell me if I got any of the information above wrong. I could be confusing stories.
EventualHorizon chapter 33 . 2/10/2016
Oh my. Another excellent chapter. Thanks!
Guest chapter 28 . 2/4/2016
This story makes me smile. There is only one thing that people will love or hate so strongly: the truth.
EventualHorizon chapter 1 . 2/5/2016
Wow! I have looked at the story description a few times and thought about giving it a try. Today I didn't find any updates for the other stories that I follow so I decided to read the first chapter or two.
After finishing the 29 available chapters in one session I am so glad that I did.

A fabulous story so far. I think I know where it might end up but that doesn't lessen the enjoyment of the journey if I'm right.

Thanks so much for sharing!
Timothy chapter 26 . 2/3/2016
I just want to read more and know what happens, I think your very talented and I would love to keep reading it.
GriffonWarrior chapter 28 . 2/5/2016
Another lovely or more so dark chapter, Ember seems have a choice.
shadowstrike31415 chapter 27 . 2/4/2016
I just wish that you had explained what happened to Ember in this chapter instead of continuing with Ean! Other than that, good (and interesting) chapter!
I'm looking forward to the next chapter (with what happened to Ember thoroughly explained, please!).

-Kat :D
pff chapter 25 . 2/1/2016
Not bad. It's better than a lot of stories on here.
82 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »