Reviews for How to Be The Best (Internet) Writer In the World
Applesawce chapter 9 . 8/7/2017
IT IS 10:42 IN THE BLASTING MORNING AND I'M LITERALLY TRYING TO READ THIS BEFORE I LOSE CONNECTION TO MY WIFI FOR A GOOD WHILE Q-Q

I love this chapter. Yes, tear those mary sue's apart. Why can't we just tie them with rope and set them on train tracks like the good ole days (DON'T WORRY, JOHN DOE WILL SURELY COME TO THE RESCUE AND SAVE HER JUST IN THE KNACK OF TIME). Or maybe we should stuff them under the corner of our beds against the wall, you know, the area we never look at. Also, this is very interesting, thought I should add that in case it wasn't clear before :3
ghodges137 chapter 1 . 8/4/2017
This is a charming little story - and educational too! How many of these things I had to learn the hard way... thanks for writing and sharing your talent with the world.

P.S. And thanks for not wearing the meat-dress ;)
Luna Abbot chapter 2 . 8/4/2017
The herpes made me LMAO
The random text color and bold and italics thing reminds me of Time Cube. Did anyone else stumble across that when they were like, 13?

I don't do the big words thing(not anymore), but I DO have thesaurus and Merriam Webster dictionary artifacts from the days when people did not internet.
I say that like I'm old, but they're just my mom's and for some reason I keep them lol. The dictionary does make a great door prop.
Luna Abbot chapter 1 . 8/4/2017
This is really funny, which is amazing because lots of guides(parody or not) end up trying too hard and then not being funny. :)
This is a very informative towards the person looking to jump from fanfiction and being horrible to writing their own fiction and not being terrible.

...I wonder if telling me to read this was meant to tell me something. :((
Dynastylights chapter 9 . 8/4/2017
Hmm... Reading all nine chapters and I honestly say that is was pretty informative. I laughed and agreed with a lot of what you had written. And I think that a lot of new writers should see this.
Bob Story Builder chapter 9 . 7/31/2017
Oh thank you for this! I know you and I already discussed this but like that you post it here.
moontattoo chapter 2 . 7/28/2017
I'm on Chapter 2 so far and I'm really enjoying this, you have a really engaging writing style and I love the constructive criticism fairy (Is it bad that I sometimes low key relate to her). I love Step Four as that it is so accurate that it hurts, it could describe so many of the shows I watch, the love interest section with the abs was hilarious :D I am one for constructive criticism but so far I don't have any, this is great x
Gingerwannabe chapter 1 . 7/27/2017
Really helpful and creative! Thanks
LoverOfAMillionSumers chapter 1 . 7/27/2017
Halarious, some of this is good advice keep writing
Melancholia2017 chapter 8 . 7/27/2017
„You want me to strip?“ XD
“Shhh, baby, dont worry about him anymore.” – “But he… died…” LOL! This whole scene was amazing. I could literally see it before my inner eye.

Thanks for this work, I loved it. Your writing skills are great and so is your sense of humor.
Applesawce chapter 5 . 7/26/2017
This chapter...

I'm literally binge reading at this point.
Applesawce chapter 1 . 7/26/2017
I envy ... why do you write so bad ass? Even when you're going from a satirical angle. Is there unicorn dust in your blood? (There I go being weird again) because your writing style is magical *cue raining sparkles*
You're humor is subtle, and not forced, I...I've got to read the rest, at least two more chapters.
Bob Story Builder chapter 7 . 7/25/2017
I've been doing this but with male characters instead. My female characters I attempt–wait! I just realized that an important aspect of my story that I'm writing is the male protagonist doing just this but in the sense of not becoming vulnerable with his female friends. He doesn't think his female friends will understand or match his life experiences most importantly his fears of intimacy as he was sexually and emotionally abused by his wife. He fears invalidation and rejection so he rejects and brings up his guard. Thank you for this realization about my storytelling! Now the question is can I take the protagonist and in becoming more vulnerable he see his female friends as worthy of respect and validation? Or is that just sexist and perpetuating the cycle?

Sorry about that tangent. I agree that storytellers make the mistake of using side characters more as plot stepping stones than as genuine people.
02lovecat chapter 1 . 7/25/2017
This is a good story, since it really helps better my writing. Although, you did make one teeny mistake in this chapter. When someone is talking and they quote someone or something of that effect, you don't say, "Yes, she definitely said, "don't leave the dishwasher open," if you don't believe me, ask her." You'd say, "Yes, she definitely said, 'don't leave the dishwasher open,' if you don't believe me, ask her."
SullivanXC chapter 8 . 7/16/2017
This is not a bad chapter for those who want to start proper writing. :) Keep up the good work!
79 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »