Reviews for With an Open (Cold) Heart
zanybellecloudo chapter 1 . 8/11/2016
You describe the heartbreak extremely realistically, the feelings are so vivid with restless sleep, self comfort, avoidance of all living beings, and then that feeling of letting go when self resolve finally kicks in. I like the idea of him finding someone so loving and caring after all the pain he went through and despite everything he still tried to help his friend. Sadly the cycle of violence is difficult to break. I felt the ending was so sweet and endearing, it really cemented his new relationship as something meaningful and special, unlike his ex-friend's which seems only doomed. A moving and real story with great depth and heart. Thanks for sharing, ZB.
alltheeagles chapter 1 . 7/25/2016
I am SO happy that the MC had a happy ending. He deserves somebody of his own cause he seems to be a decent guy and he didn't want to take revenge on his original girl for the way she broke his heart. But then he never told her how he felt did he? That seems to be a theme in many of your stories, that the MCs don't let each other know how they feel, and then they get hurt when the other party goes for somebody else. Communication is important! Oh well, at least things worked out in this case...
everyl1ttleth1ng chapter 1 . 2/21/2016
Dude, I see what you mean about angsty romances! This is great! Clearly fuelled by some serious anger but SUCH a healthy channel - how great is writing!?

"Seth" is CLEARLY an asshat.

"as you rush into the fray" - nice!

That line about your friends coming to your defence "like a phalanx of warriors" - awesome!

Well, pain produces art, apparently! Nice work, bud.
Brievel chapter 1 . 2/1/2016
The pain you described... it's different for a girl, but oh, so crystal-clear and familiar... you have a gift for capturing pathos and angst, and this story transformed that wonderfully.