Reviews for Cassandra Never Accidentally Ever After
cornucopia chapter 1 . 3/15/2017
One criticism that I would offer is to work more on the first few lines. My personal opinion is that they don't provide enough of a hook to draw the reader in. I would particularly suggest replacing 'sneakily' at the end of the first sentence.
cornucopia chapter 2 . 3/15/2017
I very much like this story. The characters are (no pun intended) well fleshed out and the story is intriguing. I look forward to reading more as it progresses.
cornucopia chapter 21 . 3/15/2017
A thought occurred to me reading this that you could have the younger Cassandra seek out the deceased husband of the elder Cassandra in the hopes that he could convince her to surrender her acquired years.
mandywhitrod chapter 21 . 2/9/2017
another great story on the go .. looking forward to the next chapter. I like your characters
Joan B chapter 15 . 11/12/2016
This story is amazing! Was so excited to see a new chapter posted. The descriptive way you write, brings the characters to life (even the deceased crew. Oxymoron intended). I'm hooked and cannot wait to read more. Love that you are not rushing the story. You are extremely talented! Carry on.
Guest chapter 19 . 9/6/2016
I'm not going any where and will be waiting patiently. Glad you are taking time and not rushing this story. Good luck!
Guest chapter 18 . 7/28/2016
Love the interaction of the lingering deceased tenants with Travis. You write in such a way that it is easy to see the the story. Keep on posting when time allows. I'm hooked!
Joan B chapter 7 . 6/15/2016
I am obsessed with Aelita! What a great character.
V.Ohara chapter 14 . 6/10/2016
If your intention was to make Graven appear self-assured and a bit shrewd but still sympathetic then you did a great job! Paired with Aelita's sickening sweet disposition and unfaltering optimism this makes for a very enjoyable read!
V.Ohara chapter 10 . 6/6/2016
I can't wait to read more! I love the way this chapter ended.
V.Ohara chapter 9 . 6/6/2016
At the very end of the 9th chapter, isn't her middle name supposed to be spelled with a 'z'?
V.Ohara chapter 4 . 6/6/2016
The guy in the tree! That's hilarious!
V.Ohara chapter 3 . 6/6/2016
I only have an hour in the morning to sip my coffee and read and review and then it's off to the next task of the day. This piece makes me want to completely ignore anything and anyone else and just sit and read. I feel like I'm reading this in a cozy corner. I had to stop myself every now and then and remind myself that I was supposed to be looking for ways to improve, but I just can't find anything! It's such an enjoyable read. Your characterization of Cass is unbelievable, I love her. And how you slip in little easter eggs, like the bit about Salem. This is definitely one that I look forward to finishing soon.
Trishilish chapter 10 . 6/4/2016
I. Love. This. Chapter. I see the elderly every day and I just, I loved this, getting to look at Other Cassandra and how her added years have given her a new lease on life. I was expecting an old woman who craved the grave, which I think you set up for, but then you pulled the rug, so to speak, and left us with an old woman who is intent on living life to its absolute fullest. That spin was fantastically executed. I'm very excited to see how this plays out, because is doesn't seem like Other Cassandra would let go of her renewed years without a tussle. Who could blame her? And the very end, Violet whooping, priceless.

Oh! One little thing - At the end of the last chapter you spell out Cassandra EliSabeth Never, but I believe you meant to refer to Cassandra EliZabeth Never instead?
Trishilish chapter 3 . 6/4/2016
Hello!
I usually review one chapter at a time, but I found myself flying through - this is incredibly well written and I just love the story, it has a fantastic Tim Burton vibe that I can't get enough of. Your characters are as tangible as any characters can be, I just love all of them. Jumpy little Cass especially and the older gossiper from chapter one, and definitely lisping Mr Perth. It feels like you have really spent the time to flesh out little histories for each of your characters and for Poe County and that adds so much substance to a story.
You have an effortless narrative voice and I really am at a loss for critique - there are a few misplaced words, easily omitted and disregarded as they're just obviously not supposed to be there, like: "the ring /she/ Travis had given her". It's nothing detrimental to the story, but if you wanted to know it was there. The only other thing that made me pause, there's a line "black as the darkest night" a tiny bit cliche but, again, it in no way dampens your writing.
You did such a great job setting up your premise and drawing in your reader, the pace is just where it needs to be to keep your plot moving forward.
Fantastic work! I agree with your other reviewer, I'm a tad bit jealous!
Cheers!