Reviews for The Witch's Knight: I
SteelSpecter chapter 1 . 9/4/2019
I was just thinking how there wasn't any good books for me to read and I really got in the mood to read a fantasy romance novel(yes I'm a hopeless romantic type guy) and this took the cake. I don't mean a part of the cake, this story took THE WHOLE CAKE! The story line it great, the action is amazing, my feels are hurt and tingly, basically everything a good novel should have.
I'm also currently playing D&D 5e campaign and Douglas reminds me a lot of my character.
Also why'd you gotta kill Marionette!? She was the best girl!
It actually took me a while week go read this entire book and I'm looking forward to the rest.
Guest chapter 72 . 4/5/2018
Doug is sooooooo dreamy!
prosaa chapter 72 . 3/26/2018
Looking forward to the start of book two. Do you have a timeline for it yet?
sepherohth chapter 72 . 3/21/2018
*that
also, I would like to know how far along that was planned what with everything else like the glimpses of the past of Kelsey arriving a young age to the city gate covered in cuts and whatnot.
Sepherohth chapter 72 . 3/21/2018
I cannot wait for the second book. Thanks was amazing. I couldn't have expected a better ending for the first book.
TheRaider chapter 72 . 3/14/2018
Wwhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaatttttttttttttt.
But how? It's just too crazy? I would love to know for how long you were planning this. Kelsey and Keelie, one and the same. That's just insane. I'm done there. I feel so happy bc I was torn between those two characters and now it turns out they're the same. But I feel so bad for Douglas. He probably feels so shook. That was nothing short of an amazingly written book and a brilliant ending with a twist. I eagerly anticipate the next book x_x

The Raider
Alys chapter 72 . 3/14/2018
I’ve just finished reading this and I love it. I’m looking forward to the next book!
Zedekiah chapter 72 . 3/11/2018
It's me again. And god dammit!
You wonderful beautiful person!
I take back most of what I said earlier, this is definitely the best way you could wrap up the story. Happily awaiting for what may follow.

Zedekiah out!
Sepherohth chapter 71 . 3/10/2018
ooooh, so it was Margaret! well that explained that. Awesome last two chapters, looking forward to the next chapter.
TheRaider chapter 71 . 3/1/2018
I'm experiencing so much hype right now for this story. So many things are falling into place and yet so much is falling to chaos. Everyone who i deemed as slightly expendable is suddenly of great importance to an underlying plot that went unnoticed until now. Keep up the good work.

The Raider
Zedekiah chapter 69 . 2/20/2018
Just WOW, took me awhile but I managed to read this in 3 long sittings. Great characters, good plot. I especially liked how the story started. I liked the human befriending witch angle of the story, how Douglas believed the witches weren't born evil.

With this fiction being tagged as 'romance', I honestly thought Marionette would be the protagonist's main love interest, and was a little disappointed in how that part of the story worked out. Her name in itself was ironic in that she ended up a puppet, so kudos for that.

Revealing Douglas, Kelsey and that one other witch hunter guy to have witch ancestry really undermines the idea of the story. It feels like an excuse for our main character(s) to be on par, combat wise, with the average witch.

The story sets us up to learn that Witches were slaughtering people left and right, without a thought. Now we have them somehow living with humans like Doug's father, and hunterguy's father. With the premise of the story portraying witches as ruthless and killing anyone and everyone, adding with the fact all hybrids were supposedly purged from exisitance, it seems highly unlikely there'd be any survivors.

Making the characters we love contain witch ancestry confused me. But it sure adds plot twists and more drama, so I don't necessarily hate the story for that either. Well I guess it makes the story more wild and less cliche, so theres that.

Personally I love the dominant and submissive power play between the humans and witches. When a witch has her razor shard claws on your chin, ready to rip out your throat.. haha I must be some sort of weirdo or massochist... Hmm I think I wrote a little too much, but if I had to say it, this story is probably the best I've read on fictionpress in regards to its quality of writing and specific niches I look for in a fantasy romance fiction.

Please take this review only as a grain of salt. I am not perfect, and if I fail to recognise your reasons for how the story has progressed, I apologise.

A reader of fiction,
Zedekiah
TheRaider chapter 69 . 2/16/2018
Oh so much I never expected is being revealed. I honestly don't even know what to say. There's much to internalize. Keep up the good work
Sepherohth chapter 69 . 2/14/2018
AWESOME chapter, I really didn't expect Raven to show up suddenly. The threat of hunters seems a little bit smaller after this chapter. Soooo looking forward to the next chapter.
TheRaider chapter 68 . 2/10/2018
In all honesty, Kelsey having witch blood ties was the last thing I expected. Was Marionette aware of this? I have no idea where things will go next tbh. I'm glad Delwyn decided to help Luke because I like that character now and it would be a shame to have to kill him.
Sepherohth chapter 68 . 2/2/2018
Damn, every chapter leaves me wanting for more. I'm a bit confused with delwyn but I can imagine what's happening to some extent and I didn't expect that bit about Kelsey. Anyways, looking forward to the next chapter.
107 | Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »