Reviews for An Understanding Man
alltheeagles chapter 1 . 7/23/2016
It sounds very personal, but I won't go there...

I'm quite fond of the 'falling in love with your best friend" plotline - it's screaming out from every line of Under a Blue Grey Sky - but I was sad that it didn't turn out the way the MC hoped it would. I haven't given up hope though, because I think there's still a possibility that the MC can patch her up and this time around she'll see him for who he is. As Taylor Swift sings, 'You belong with me.' But there's one very important thing that he has to do: CONFESS. Cause maybe she had feelings too but never acknowledged them or even took them out of the corners of her mind, just because she couldn't believe that he'd like LIKE her.
LorrahBear chapter 1 . 4/23/2016
I like the transition between his emotional attachment to her (although I would play the devil's advocate and say that she didn't actually betray him...he never made a move. Planning to make one isn't the same.). Your last line was really great as well.

My one suggestion would be to watch tenses. Every once in a while we get likes like "He had a sports car," which isn't necessarily way wrong, but "has" would be better at keeping everything in the present tense.

Overall, an enjoyable one shot. :)
Crescent Moon Dancer chapter 1 . 4/18/2016
I think this is most definitely one of your best works. It's so profound, and you captured the emotion...I don't even know what adverb to use. Brilliantly? Exceptionally? Whatever the right word is, this story is amazing. I just wish it hadn't happened to you, however loosely based on real life events it is. :/
everyl1ttleth1ng chapter 1 . 3/7/2016
Brady TJ! I’m so honoured! Thank you!

Some fantastic lines that created really poignant moments in this story:

you were confident that if you outlived her excuses she’d be yours

you clamp down on your instinct to rush over to wherever she is and hold her

like the swift jab of a hidden blade

your eyes wouldn’t be on it anyway

but my fave line was this one - You’ve become a footnote in her life - ooh, right in the gut!

Thanks champ! And an Oh Hellos cover! I’ll try to get over there when I can find a moment!

Loved this! Thank you so much!
Sharon Valentine chapter 1 . 3/7/2016
Brady,
Very well written. I know your heartache and can appreciate the mixed feeling you experienced. Growing up is so hard to do.
Keep up the good work.
I am on to the next story.
RosesAndWriting chapter 1 . 3/7/2016
That was an angsty story- I'm proud! And I'm sorry to hear about the break up.