Reviews for A Woman's Adventure
lizardbreath914 chapter 2 . 1/18/2018
I like this. I'm fond of how the second chapter expands the possible roles so that it feels like a natural continuation. I would personally detail what exactly makes a metaphorical sword or offer examples to give a more tangible metaphor. Still, I can tell this was written with sincerity and a strong love for the women in your life. Four out of five, would quote in a cross-stitch.
The Warrior Poet chapter 1 . 9/10/2017
I really liked this poem because it sings just like poetry is supposed to. Very lovely wordplay throughout the whole thing, and a good deal of enigma for the curious mind to puzzle over. Well done!
Sir Scott chapter 2 . 7/17/2017
I liked this story-poem. You do a good job going through the three stages of womanhood.
LunaArcadia chapter 1 . 11/15/2016
That was very well written. When I think poem of think of Rhymes, I know they don't have to but it's just what pops into my mind. The verses are beautiful. It also reminds me of the Maiden, the Mother, and the Crone which are represented by the phases of the moon in Wicca. I do a lot of research for my stories. However, Maiden, Mother, Matriarch definitely roll off the tongue much more smoothly. It kind of reminds of a magical land perhaps where women are not accustomed to fight but find that they need to.
lover of books21 chapter 1 . 6/24/2016
this was well done
slices chapter 1 . 4/24/2016
Can't seem to login with my account so here is my nickname... you know where to amswer me.

I like it.

The stages remind me of one of my favourite novel series of all time written by Marie Brennan called doppelganger you might find some inspiration there.

Slices out
Rhuen chapter 1 . 4/19/2016
Interesting,

can tell there is heart behind this piece.
PLS DELETE MY ACCOUNT chapter 1 . 4/10/2016
Visually it is beautiful with it being centered the way it is. I see it as a long ornate, candlestick for some reason.

I like how the poem speaks directly to women. The maiden who needs to be protected, the mother protects the children and the matriarch goes to war to protect them all. We can all be maidens, mothers or matriarchs (I like the alliteration) or all at once. We are all sisters and that we have similar stories but eventually we all want to come back home.

Just a few typos "Of to war...' should be 'Off to war'.
The armor has become 'heavy' instead of 'heave'

Very nicely done.
Zukafu Chiriamoto chapter 1 . 3/16/2016
I read this much like a song; a ballad you would hear accompanied by guitar, carrying a deep, meaningful message.
I much preferred the use of Matriarch instead of Crone, which gives the piece a better flowing sound with the alliteration. The prose all sounds very pretty and nicely flowing, it appears the wording was carefully chosen with consideration for rhythm and phonology whilst still conveying the intended story.
My one and only quibble; the last line of part/verse 1, "Do not loose your life" should be 'lose'.
But very nice piece. All the very best,
Zukafu