Reviews for VIRTUALLY REALITY
Jaya Avendel chapter 1 . 7/14/2018
Virtually Reality. A concept you brought to life with excellent skill. The idea of buying life experiences to experience them without having to live them is kind of scary. As the therapist said, "cold is something to seek safety and comfort from".

For someone who is cold all the time, I can understand why Mr. Kingston would be so drawn to the warmth. I loved the scene where he writes on paper. The way you wrote about the paper attached great importance to it. I could not survive without paper. I think Mr. Kingston found some warmth writing on his paper before it was too late.

Speaking of warmth, the ending of this skillfully executed tale was quite cold.
Ckh chapter 1 . 6/19/2018
An amazing story about a dystopian landscape. I suppose the story in your world would be the ideal future for those who seek to optimize the world. Human emotions are a baggage, inefficient and volatile, apart of what we think we feel, yet a part of us. Its all too logical to abandon them for the sake of progress.

Still, I think a future without them lacks a very human element and we can see it through the actions of the protagonist, how he discovers warmth and desperately tries to keep the feeling alive inside him, only to be enslaved by the hivemind and put back into the freezer again. It is this warmness that makes our lives meaningful to us as an individual, to have meaning besides being part of an ultimately meaningless collective. To me, I value this warmness, however rare it might be.

A terrific tale that is imbued with so much emotion. Well done.
BradytheJust chapter 1 . 8/9/2016
Whoa!
I really need to limit myself to two of your stories a session because my brain just can't handle so much awesomeness!

I loved the warm and cold metaphors in this story, which just made everything oh so perfect! Having the robotic character understand the warmth of a human being really touched my heart especially the way you described him as such a kind guy, only using the cold as a defense mechanism from the coldness of others. I won't lie, I see a lot of myself in that man.

You did a great job writing the fall scene and the building up the panic and tension of feeling sick and then fainting, and I liked the switch from first to third person.
I might need you to explain the ending to me, because that was a bit confusing to me, but still the emotion and word choice was flawless! Wonderful! :D
Jack Bellows chapter 1 . 5/7/2016
This concept is beyond brilliant! Oooh the mind games you could play with this! I'm craving more already and there is no more... D:

This has to be a long story! :D
AngryFerrets chapter 1 . 4/4/2016
It took a while to process this. A sensational story that although set in the future rings too true with our modern society. Our fake communication and increased need for "social" media make us more like the characters in your story than the lifetime he purchased.

Brilliantly written!
LostCriesofTime chapter 1 . 3/22/2016
Oh wow ZanyBelle! This is incredible, I love it. I love the way you wrote it out, the quote at the beginning which was just beautiful and the way you ended it so effectively. Sad, for such a profound experience to go to waste for him in the end, but with the picture of the futuristic world you painted it was inevitable.
The concept for this, the idea of us all living out virtual, secluded lives and feeding off the fulfillment of simpler times is especially clever in how you portrayed it. Very relevant to our social media and fake/shallow image obsessed society and what we have in store for us if we continue this path. I am genuinely in love with this one shot and, while I think you were right to give this perfectly done glimpse, its made me wish there was more story here, more to hear about this world you have sculpted.
Perfect. 10/10. So glad you got around to writing this :D
philosophik1 chapter 1 . 3/21/2016
I love the story, such a brilliant concept. Some of the language could be trimmed to help the flow, but awsome idea as usual. Good job.
Lord Wezel chapter 1 . 3/21/2016
This is a great one-shot. The whole world you created really drew me in. This story feels like a journey. I laughed at the whole android bit though. Trying to sell merchandise even though the customer is clearly going through a mental transformation. That's dedicated service haha. Also, the contrast between simple words which speak volumes (such as "warm") and the android's endless supply of theories and terms was also amusing and helped set the tone for the story: which was basically a contrast itself between two extremes.

Actually, you did two things remarkably well. You showed the warmth of humanity vs the chill of robots. It's such a startling contrast in this story, which goes on to force the climax. The ending of your story was also great. I found myself cheering him on as he wrote on his piece of paper, trying to finish before his mind is reset. Really, the overall story is great. The only thing I'm disappointed about is not knowing what he wrote on the piece of paper...