Reviews for The Potion of Forgetting
LostCriesofTime chapter 2 . 4/2/2016
EXCELLENT EXCELLENT EXCELLENT!
Beautifully written, so descriptive and such an insight. I love the reference to high school stereotypes which kind of show us a glimpse into her life, just a hint to tantalise about what kind of teenager she had been, and then the focus on the house and how it influenced and changed family dynamics and then delving into her fear of the dark and a fixed night in her life with a small TV snippet giving her nightmares. I love how you flow so naturally from one insight to another to give this three dimensional view of the character while seemingly not moving from every day observations and how, for her, the everyday (again, like the tea) triggers thoughts of a deep and personal nature.
And then you bring it full circle back to the tea. Bravo. I take my hat off to you.

The layers you write into your pieces is truly awesome. Great stuff!
LostCriesofTime chapter 1 . 3/23/2016
Very thoughtful and introspective, I like how you've written this and the way you've delved so deep into your character. Your writing style is so accessible, so easy to get into as you pour out the musings of this character that the story seemed to fly by. You've set her up so well and I am eager to read more, to maybe have some musings over the past and how she came to be at this point, or whatever the next chapter may bring.

Also, can I just say how refreshing it is to read the word Autumn, not FALL, on this site. I figured from the summary you were aiming for a british character, but that just showed me you ARE british (or at least well read enough to know we call it autumn) just a little thing but one I found oh so satisfying :P
name redacted chapter 1 . 3/22/2016
Love the first line and the recurring image of the teabag and the milk. It's mundane in a way that offsets the rest of the text, which tends to wax a bit more philosophical, and it does a lot to anchor the scene. It would be cool to see more concrete images like this and to use the setting to emphasize the character's aloneness. The immediate setting is never fully fleshed out (I don't think it has to be since this is so short) and if you decide to do anything bigger with this story the state of her home and the things that she keeps around might be an opportunity to hint at her frame of mind more subtly.