Reviews for You Claim To Love The Ocean
Woedin chapter 1 . 9/25/2017
This poem reveals such meaning, even for your average reader it is truly beautiful. But how can I describe the depth of meaning contained in your words for those that have lived a life at sea. How do I convey to someone who hasn't seen an ocean except from a beach, or a shore with yet a pinch of land beneath their feet to hold them up. How to explain what your poem means to a sailor? Let me take an atheist to sea with me for three months, and upon our return you will see a difference. You will observe a caring in their demeanor bestowed by the beauty of nature's face, for they will have seen her, and fallen in love. And at the same time you'll notice the unmistakable depth of spirit in their eyes, for they will have shaken in fear at the sight of God's wrath, after witnessing his hand upon the waters, and no one alive can unsee his might. I swear that person will live out the remainder of their days believing in both God, and in Mother Nature, an atheist no more. "Hee Hee" I'm glad this was my first poem of yours I've had the pleasure of reading after my return, I love it my friend. _
RainbowPearls chapter 1 . 9/24/2017
Awwww that's been beautiful.
I could feel the cool aura calming me already and the benevolent influence of your poem that has casted me. Especially when you mentioned the navy blue shirt, I was quite held ecstatic (that's my favorite color XP )
Quite seldom, I've read poems in regard with ocean, so this was, say new... and beautiful :)
I liked the beautiful yet the intimate caresses and contacts stored in their mementos :D
Jack Bellows chapter 1 . 5/7/2016
- ooo~ I knew this one would a treat!

It's so beautiful how you artistically show that if you truly love something, it sometimes means accepting the chaos that comes with the good.
waad chapter 1 . 4/24/2016
I love that this poem was addressed to a sailor from the sea that he so treasures. It read like a warning, and I absolutely loved and *loved* the last line. It ended wonderfully.

Great job!
Rubymagez chapter 1 . 3/29/2016
such a beautiful and sensual piece.
Bob Story Builder chapter 1 . 3/27/2016
Adore this poem. The first six lines I read as sensual, and I like the switch off of each line beginning with either "and" or "you" in first four lines. The poem flows and paces well. You misspelled "can" as "cane," but I think it fits in the syntax and rolls off the tongue naturally within the rest of the line so leave it as is. Evokes image of an ocean being a woman dancing wearing a multiple colored dress. The idea of the ocean being a siren is evident throughout the piece. I love the last line because it speaks to hypocrisy of claiming to love but not accept everything about person the persona loves. This is a nostalgic poem, and I love it! It provokes a lot of emotions for me such as fear, awe, excitement, uncertainty and emotions such as endearment, tenderness, and affection.

Good to see you still posting. I miss your poetry especially your romantic pieces.