Reviews for The Autumn Court
LostCriesofTime chapter 3 . 4/22/2016
I just checked my emails and saw that you had updated this with not on but two chapters. Made my day :3
I am so excited that she has finally arrived at the Autumn Court, I'm itching to press next chapter to read on ASAP but just wanted to review first to say again what an incredible job you've done here of building up the mystery and suspense, with the tantalising hints in her father's note and the perfectly odd journey and destination to bring her to this point. Again, your descriptions are flawless, you thrust me into this magical world with every word you write. This character you've introduced of the old women with yellowing teeth fits perfectly with your description of the actual place she has reached and, since it sounds so empty when I was excepting a bustling lively faery kingdom, its even more intriguing. And now I shall continue reading (yay!)
Excellent work.
o0xMelzx0o chapter 3 . 4/15/2016
So far so good :) can't wait to read more and find out about what's going on!
LostCriesofTime chapter 2 . 4/6/2016
Hahahaha again another fantastic chapter. Lines like "I committed myself to an unknown period of time with no pink socks" made my day. You write with such skill and flare and I just love this more the more I read. You built this up so well over the course of the two chapters you've uploaded so far, following Arianne in her puzzlement while hinting at so many clues the reader feels one step ahead. Can I just gush again over your pacing and descriptions?! You write incredibly and I am in awe.

I'm just eager for the next chapter as things have just started kicking off and the cliffhanger you left makes me want to plead with you for an update real quick.

I thoroughly enjoy reading your story, it is by far the best piece of literature I have ever read on a writing site and I hope you continue it for the length of a full novel as to not complete such a work would do neither you, not it, justice.
LostCriesofTime chapter 1 . 4/2/2016
You have a brilliant start to this story, gripping me from the get go with her inner musings on death...and its awkwardness. Do you know how much I loved your character from that point, for being so refreshingly realistic? (I spent a lot of my teenage years on fanfiction where originality wasn't so common so your character is immediately a breath of fresh air for being so relatable in her uncertainty and emotions) her authentic commentary on the other guests' masks of red rimmed eyes and hushed tones, how she sets herself apart and feels out of place among them. The way she says how she feels affection for the navy suit made me chuckle. Not to mention the assigning complex love lives game, the fact she is doing that at a funeral makes me adore her.

Moving on from your incredible protagonist though, apart from saying I adore her and can't wait to see how she reacts when she inherits the kingdom!, I just want to say your writing style is incredible. This should get published, its a pleasure to read. The way you build everything up, the way you show Arianne's thoughts, the way you write speech and details and characterise people is just, well, I'm in awe. You're the kind of writer I hoped to come across while venturing into FictionPress, little did I realise how rare and precious, even on writing websites, authors of your calibre are. I am so glad I've found this story, I shall definitely be following to see where this leads.

Thank you for giving such an incredibly written first chapter to what I am sure will be a wonderful story. If all of your work is this standard I hope you look into getting published as the world needs more work like this. Happy writing :D
19 | « Prev Page 1 2