Reviews for Petit Souci
CalvinHobbesGatsby chapter 2 . 5/28
I’ve started to read your poems and they are very good so far.
Woedin chapter 107 . 2/24
I found inspiration in your words, I truly enjoyed your offering, I did ask myself, is there a rhyme here, and could I come close to it's intent? So this poor gift, I only pray that Oscar Wilde was right about "Imitation being the sincerest form of flattery" ~fond thought always, and good fortunes~

They said I hung the stars for them
I could've all but died for them
Basking like I'm the sun to them
What makes me always try for them
They've nothing left to take
But apologies I could make
My core trembles at the sight of them
I'm a deer trapped in the light of them
There's nothing left to give to them
Can I find the way to live with them
Is something deep like a sea in me
Or is it nothing that only I can see
Lost in a maze of repeated deterrent
I'll swim with passion against the current
Bob Story Builder chapter 3 . 1/20
Finally come around to look at this collection and love what I've read so far. The rhyming and rhythm build suspense and tension, which is most excellent for poetry! I always enjoy your writing.
Woedin chapter 3 . 9/6/2019
Your runs seem so effortless when reading them, how on earth did you become so skilled at stringing such thought chains? I'm sure now that you could build a poem from any instance, and yet make it entertaining. I could only hazard a guess at your high IQ, and your working vocabulary must be so off the charts friend, that's so vexing. I'm absolutely overwhelmed with your poetic talents, and only sorry I'd not found your postings before now. I can't wait to read more from you.
Woedin chapter 2 . 9/6/2019
Again so funny, and amazing, just the way you see things, and those pictures you paint with your words and your commentary on what's happening, it cracks me up. I truly love your poetic sense of humor. So nice!
Luna Abbot chapter 98 . 7/26/2018
I think the kind of things like giving taking, or doing things with criticism other people give needs to be taught, and I don't get how people keep being surprised people can't do it, it's like expecting people to be able to write, speak English or do surgery without being taught how. :/

My two cents is longer than this chapter! I don't know how to stop talking...
Well I just thought it was interesting. :)
ghodges137 chapter 98 . 7/4/2018
Short and sweet - and it rhymes. ;)

I'm glad to see you're still composing poetry - too bad it's the bad experiences that are often the most inspiring. I don't think many of us (humans) ever take any kind of criticism well, especially when it's not delivered in a constructive format. As always, I am impressed at how you can express insight beyond your years - I wish I could have been as thoughtful, mature and clear-headed when I was your age. Every time I read your works, I feel like I wasted my youth playing computer games.

Please take care and have a wonderful 4th of July, wherever you are on this little globe.

- G
Ckh chapter 88 . 6/13/2018
Man, tiger mums suck. This poem is brief and direct where it matters. Good job.
Ckh chapter 81 . 6/13/2018
I have to say, this poem has an exceptionally good flow, with stellar lines like "...accept their windows as shattered." backing it up. Some make art as its the only thing they can do and I thinks its beautiful, that there is a way to transmute emotion into thought, to cope through another medium, no matter how universally unaccepted it is. I'm glad I decided to randomly jump into this chapter. This is a poem that really knows its start and end, if I can say anything of worth.
DemigodessOfEternity chapter 72 . 11/6/2017
Your poetry is great - it has brought me a little light. Thank you.
DemigodessOfEternity chapter 66 . 11/6/2017
I love this one!
Luna Abbot chapter 2 . 8/4/2017
You're a good poet with no quotation marks! But why does the o in exploded tire have am umlaut? Õ_ō

I never 'got' iambic pentameter when it came up in school. How do you do it?
A. Gonza chapter 4 . 7/27/2017
I was feeling down then read this poem, it helped a bit at the end. I got a little confused with 'Dionysus' the spelling at least, I always thought it was 'Dionysis' not 'Dionysus' then I checked and the spelling with the 'u' was right. Still, cute.
Amy Joffrion chapter 3 . 7/25/2017
Well done and well written. I enjoyed it. It depicted the awkwardness of promposals well without sounding awkward itself.
LorrahBear chapter 3 . 6/23/2017
I particularly love the line when both the angel and demon shout amen. :)