Reviews for The Simon Procedure
LorrahBear chapter 1 . 4/23/2016
I really enjoyed your sudden shift in the story, where the Simon suddenly gains control over the testers. It was unexpected (to me), yet executed so flawlessly that I never questioned it. Really well done!
The Drive To '17 chapter 1 . 4/10/2016
I love the Vonnegut feel but wished for some more dark humor (as Vonnegut did) but that doesn't kill my good vibes for your story. The plot was well-thought out.
TanteLiz chapter 1 . 4/9/2016
Love it, Solemn! You are at your best in these fabulous little retro-feeling Dangerous Vision style stories.
Couple of little things:
I'd use briskly (swift, bright, efficient) rather than brusquely (rude, abrupt) back at the beginning.
Caring rather than careing
Love the 67% sympathy
Asset - as a test subject for research - I want to see some hint of the what and why in the research, maybe a goal. I wonder if that's where you're going with 'this trap has been escaped'?
The convention of numbering - to be consistent, what would you think of a -2- after 'it is already too late.', maybe even a -3- before more ex-Simons are commissioned?
Favorite paragraph - 3 quick facts, poetry they have not invented - is a bit of brilliant.
mpiki chapter 1 . 4/8/2016
This is really well-written! Normally, the writing style on this site is either too loquacious or too brief for my tastes, but this fic hits the sweet spot between the two. The dialogue's really good, too. I look forward to seeing more from you :)