Reviews for Until Love Has A Face
Ckh chapter 1 . 6/17/2018
The first person perspective just works. Its very visual, the imagery on display in this poem. For people with romantic experiences, I'm sure many aspects of the poem will hit hard. Unfortunately, I am an unfeeling robot that can only eat cookies. Send me a cookie or so help me live.
christopher o chapter 1 . 3/11/2017
lovely but broken rhyme , in syllable stanza form ,this would be freshman in college work...using what was just learned ..thesaurus in hand , does not make you better then a poet who makes you see the thoughts that instill the emotion looked for on story line...where as a build up to crest or pinnacle of this is not in this poem. it just rhymes with some thoughtful words and leaves you broken at the end. should be called "one night stand". hope you get better.
BradytheJust chapter 1 . 8/6/2016
I want to be completely honest with you here:
I'm crying like I've just broken a bone... :'(
This poem really is beautiful and personal to me, I can't begin to tell you how many times I've dreamed about a love that isn't their when I wake up.

Your word choice is wonderful and it really seems to come from the heart. "Your arms sway around my frame" "Of you I sing on broken wings" "We dance as if by chance"

Absolutely beautiful and heartwarming... I'm starting to fall in love with your poetry and I think I'll fall deeper the more I read. :)
Jack Bellows chapter 1 . 5/7/2016
I like how this illustrates how love can lift you so high, but the feeling of falling can be so painful that people give up on it.
LostCriesofTime chapter 1 . 4/25/2016
Wow this is so bittersweet and deep. I love it. For me it mapped out a very intense, passionate and tragic journey, which I guess is usually the journey of love. You captured a timeless, integral human emotion so well here and your use of imagery was marvelous, really firing up my imagination. Just how you bring us from euphoria to despair and loss in such a short space, its truly a great skill!
Beautiful :D
LorrahBear chapter 1 . 4/16/2016
This is lovely. I love the rhythm of this poem, and despite the way this ends, I feel like it leaves room for an upward flow.
Jane Glass chapter 1 . 4/12/2016
A poem of love (and perhaps loss)? What more's to like? Seriously, though, with only so many words, and yet it's so deep. You're impressive, as always. Keep writing, Zany. :)
AngryFerrets chapter 1 . 4/10/2016
Beautiful words. Your strong imagery makes it so easy to picture two young lovers exploring each other and finding new ways to express their love. Until the end when it all crumbles.

So easy to picture that innocence of young first love and sometimes how fleeting it can be. Even now in our modern techie society, love can be so wonderful but so fleeting. Another powerful and great poem Zaney...keep it up! :)
Lord Wezel chapter 1 . 4/9/2016
ZB, you always do such a great job with descriptive lines that ensnare a reader! This was so magical in a dreamlike way. I had the feeling that the story was swirling and mixing with the different images and emotions experienced, much like a real dream does. And I found the ending so sad. Not only because the narrator's dream has ended but also because the dreamlike love has ended. I suppose I could see this as a real dream, in which a whole romance and affection was created in the mind and ended just as swiftly (so sad...). Or I could see it as a figurative story, where the narrator feels a strong love for someone (perhaps unknown or unreachable?) but either way the love eventually ends as the "dream" stops. This was beautiful and endearing like your stories always are. Thank you for sharing.

P.S. I smiled warmly at your description of a loving embrace ("around my frame I pray you remain") and the reference to stars and use of "crestfallen." :)
Jack Motley chapter 1 . 4/9/2016
Beautiful, ZB! Really sad ending.