Reviews for Girl Hater
SullivanXC chapter 3 . 9/4/2017
Very intense and interesting story. You described the girl's feeling wonderfully. Keep writing~! :)
BradytheJust chapter 3 . 8/2/2016
"If I didn't know how long it had been, I could pretend it wasn't long at all"

Amazing heartfelt line that has me crying all over again! :'( Man you have packed so much into a small chapter! It's almost impossible!

Wonderful and emotional... great job :)
BradytheJust chapter 2 . 5/25/2016
Holy mother of mercy!
I'm honestly not sure I should be enjoying this story, because every line I just want to kill that man!

My personal feelings aside, your word choice and writing style is downright perfect. I especially loved the line "this door was the only physical link to the outside world. This door stopped me from reaching it"

You've done an almost scary job writing in the style of a kidnapped girl, and I'm really enjoying this story.
Just please, have someone save her and please kill that man!
LorrahBear chapter 1 . 5/2/2016
What a fantastic opening chapter! Your narrator reads older than a child, but it's still believable. Perhaps third-person might suit this better? Only you can know!

Overall, though, I really liked this. It's engaging and exciting, while still drawing me in with a mystery I know only just a little about, but still find myself invested in. Great job!

I only found one typo: a missing period on the "Mr." Part of one of their dolls.
cloud of a different sky chapter 1 . 5/1/2016
I love short, flashy-type fiction and from personal experience I know how hard it is to read. This was great! I loved the innocent-eyes point of view you get from the young narrator. It's a terrifying cautionary tale about child abduction, and I love how you capture the girl's lack of understanding. I really hope there is a follow-up to this story, because I would definitely like to see whether or not her perspective stays innocent, or grows into something far darker the more she is exposed to her kidnapper's actions. Love it. This is the first piece i've read from you, and I will definitely read more.
LostCriesofTime chapter 1 . 4/27/2016
Wow this is really powerful and you've captured the voice of such a young child so well. Her rationalisation for whats happening and her descriptions of the abduction and the man himself are chilling, you've used a voice of such innocence to describe such a horrific thing and the juxtaposition is haunting.
I would say I wish you'd carry on, as its a mesmerising read, but I can imagine what would come next and I'm not sure it'd be a fun read. You've given a brilliant piece here, from giving the girl a personality and voice to painting a vivid picture, it really is so well done.
BradytheJust chapter 1 . 4/26/2016
Wow...
You did a phenomenal job taking the fear and worry of a young girl and translating it into a story and now I've got chills.
The scene of the abduction was written really well, as was the man's interactions with the girl.

Do you think you could write a sequel/ continuation of this story. I'm really interested in seeing if she gets rescued.
Wonderful job as always :)