Reviews for Domestic Violence
Griptape chapter 1 . 5/16/2016
This is fantastic, so atmospheric, particularly the ending with the chaotic overlap. Very thought provoking!
Orizielle chapter 8 . 5/10/2016
I would love to see this up on stage. Very powerful.
Zukafu Chiriamoto chapter 8 . 4/28/2016
This has been an interesting read. I think, in short, it is a good topic of focus and is very open to being presented as a play. It has tension, it has story, it has emotion. Plus I don't see all that many script pieces on this site so I was excited to see something different and feel me with nostalgia of recent years. Anyway, to the review itself.

There are a few typos here and there. Like that second to last line of "Help up" (should it not be 'help us'?) and the repetitions of "take your shirt of[f]" in Eva's scene. But with a little editing this are easily fixed things. The script written style is clear so its easily to see and imagine the idea you've set out to create.

I like the way that the script covers different forms of domestic violence and considers the effects it may have on people from the physical marks, to the children's view, to the reduced sense of worth - leading on to other problems such as drugs and suicide. I think that it is factual, it has plenty of information. Plenty of hard-hitting evidence to give substance.

However, my criticism, would be that all the scenes seem to show the immediately volatile sort of domestic violence, instantly jump straight to the abuse with little cause/incidence. There is a lack of build up and a lack of subtly. Not all abuse is as obvious. I know that this focuses on the violence side but emotional abuse plays just as much a part and, for the purposes for a play, I feel this is a side that really should be least be considered. A greater sense of character sympathy and emotional engagement would be achieved with it.

I really much liked it and I hope that my review has been of some help to you.
All the very best,