Reviews for An Unexpected Honor
alltheeagles chapter 1 . 5/27/2016
I think you made the right choice in the second person because it gives me a sense of being in the here and now, and lets me live the experience together with the narrator, so to speak. There are some cool phrases that I liked, which perfectly capture the feeling of the moment, among others: white noise in the brain, sara is a vacumm, heart bouncing off hers.

The focus of this piece is of course the emotions, but perhaps you'd like to include some little excerpts about the surroundings as well just to heighten the feeling of being there - the feel of her dress maybe or the taste of the punch or whatever. Likewise some snippets about Sara herself - the things she does or some quirks of her character - would help the reader understand even better why the narrator is so smitten.
Crescent Moon Dancer chapter 1 . 5/18/2016
*Squeals* YES! This is great! :D You captured the emotion and the setting so flawlessly, it was amazing! But for once, I'm not going to take too much time to rave about your writing. I'm too excited about you being with Sara! :D Have you asked her to be your girl yet? :D
LeRoy chapter 1 . 5/10/2016
Love the story Brady, very brave and considerate for you to share with others. You really are "The Man". Congratulations on a successful evening, Sara is a very lucky young lady and you were equally lucky to have been chosen by her from the accounts of your story she seems to be as awesome as you are.

Delighted,
LorrahBear chapter 1 . 5/11/2016
Awww, what a sweet little story. I'm glad you had such a good time at prom, and mad props to "Sara" for asking you.

Your turn to make a move!