Reviews for Leika
FranklinMcFuzzy chapter 25 . 8/4/2016
I can't convey how much I loved this story! The fantasy elements were so gripping and the romantic themes weren't too much as to drown out the movement of the plot. If this is just a learning experience to try out themes and devices, then I certainly can't wait for Vhanaiel!
tinyteeth chapter 24 . 8/2/2016
That was a perfect ending.
At times i did get lost on the POV but that could have been because i was reading around 2 AM unable to stop because it story was so captivating but still dozing off with every other paragraph.
~bows with three rolls of the wrist~ I thank you.
tinyteeth chapter 2 . 7/31/2016
Beautifully written. The flow is steady and each chapter makes you want to read on.
tinyteeth chapter 1 . 7/31/2016
Haven't read the story yet but I will. Your warning almost killed me. And possible emotional distress. I know why its listed but all I can image is;
He's covered in blood, a horde of zombies torture and rape him with a severed horse penis but he's emotional fine.
sglily1 chapter 25 . 7/29/2016
Wow. I just finished reading your story last night and just... Wow.

I enjoy your style of writing. I like that you don't give too much away, and let the characters tell their story as they see fit. So many writers rush to the "juicy" bits, but to me patience and timing is what matters, the tease of information, leaving the reader to feel both satisfied, yet yearning for more is such a delicate balance. You've got mad skills!

The character who goes though the most metamorphosis is, coincidentally the story's title. We first meet Leika and he is definitely a cold fish, set in his ways, seemingly happy with his self-imposed isolation, surrounding himself with the bare minimum of other beings to keep up that facade, and generally not a care in the world about anything or anyone in it. Boy, did the prince rock that world...

Again, that timing and pace was everything to the success of this story. It never felt rushed. Leika didn't do a 180 and suddenly fall madly in love, or automatically become this compassionate being, or magically have a heart and soul to give a damn about the world, its people, or its problems. I liked how he evolved throughout the storytelling and was able to still feel wonder, and to be surprised that others could like him, respect him, eventually trust him, and even love him for more than his pretty face.

I enjoyed Anstas' character as well. He had the patience of a saint. He definitely came across as "a man of the people" and was horribly loyal to a fault. He was that rock, the steady presence that Leika needed throughout their shared ordeals.

Halviore, although having endured atrocities, was such a hateful and selfish character, soulless, and devoid of compassion, with a sense of entitlement thrown into the mix. What a horrible way to flush out his fellow sorcerer, with no concern, care, or responsibility taken for the collateral damage. In that respect, I was somewhat taken aback by his choices towards the end of the story. Maybe some of Leika's "humanity" started to rub off on him...

I was a little confused with the prince's big health ailment when it was first introduced and wondered if I had missed something because to me it wasn't overtly clear what exactly did ail him until several chapters later. I guess I should go back and reread that part.

Loved the growing love story, the sexy bits, and just the overall relationship building of the two main characters in particular. I had a great time reading this story and only wished it wouldn't come to an end! Look forward to reading your new story, which I just saw was uploaded recently. Thanks so much for sharing your story/stories!
Guest chapter 25 . 7/29/2016
Loved it, looking forward to next one!
Shela chapter 25 . 7/25/2016
O_O oh my. oh my my my.
Thank you for the peace of mind for Anstas and Leika. I'm glad they get that at least.
But this? This story to come? Oh my. I'm not sure I'm ready. This is going to be VERY interesting.
I shall patiently (not!) wait for the story of Vhanaiel, and what I forsee to be a very epic Angels vs. Demons battle. And with romance? Even better! But between who... hm... Much to look forward to. :)
Shela chapter 23 . 7/25/2016
Well... that was an interesting turn of events. Leika and Anstas together again. Let's see how long that lasts, and what troubles they face. Hopefully it's for the long haul. I'm not against Leika and Halviore being together, but hopefully Anstas can have his time as well. I have no idea where this story is headed now (because, as you said, Chapter 25 has decided to disappear lol and 24 too, just after I finished reading it) but I look forward to finding out.

Right after I reread this one again :)
BlueRose chapter 25 . 7/24/2016
I forgot to take a guess! Hmm...I think that on one hand it may be about the process of raising a young Sharle to face an upcoming war while on the other hand I feel like the story could be about Vhanaiel and some unresolved issues he may have with Halviore regarding the betrayal...so may possibilities but Ill stop guessing until the installment comes out. I want to read for myself!
BlueRose chapter 25 . 7/24/2016
Wow! This is so great! I have so many things to say! First off, congratulations on your completion of Leika! That moment when Anstas was reunited with Leika was so scerenly sweet and perfect. And your prologue for Vhanaiel was just wonderful! With that sort of introduction I'm definitely looking forward to reading the next installment. It excites me so much that you are such a great writer and introducing these chapters so quickly because you and all the characters are taking me on an amazing adventure that I don't think I want to see end. Vhanaiel is gonna get pretty steamy huh? Excellent! It definitely feels bittersweet that Leika is finished, it also makes me look back in wonderment though because Leika will be foundation of a much greater journey. Ill be looking forward to it! Thank you so much for Leika and Anstas's story :)
MySecretIndulgences chapter 24 . 7/24/2016
Thank you.

For sharing this story, thank you. For those who are interested in reading this story, I personally give it the highest of recommendations, and hope that you enjoy reading it as much as I have.
breakfast-tiffs chapter 23 . 7/24/2016
This was honestly a spectacular story. I patiently await the next story.
basilisk6 chapter 24 . 7/24/2016
Ah, that was an amazing chapter. Of course it was sad the way Hal had to rush the process of giving his heart to Leika, but I suppose he feared he wouldn't get another chance. Although I'm curious, if leaving the realm constitutes as dying, then wouldn't Hal's heart also leave Leika? Or maybe it's a different kind of magic from the oath and lasts as long as the other is alive somewhere in the universe? Anyways, I don't really care about the technicalities. I'm content knowing Leika has Hal's heart forever. :)

This story ended amazingly well. It was a bittersweet ending, which I tend to like more than super happy endings. I didn't even think of the fact that Hal could go with Sharle to the shadow realm. This worked out way better than only one person being sent alone. And it brings up so many questions about how things work over there and what was Asmodea trying to achieve? Are Hal and Sharle considered demons now? But I'm glad Hal has Sharle. I think having a son to love and cherish will slowly bring back the old Hal.

Thank you once again for gifting us with this amazing story, and I look forward to reading and commenting on your next work :) Now I'm off to read the epilogue.
Guest chapter 23 . 7/23/2016
I also forgot to say that it feels amazing getting a reply from you :) likewise it makes me feel like Im talkingn to the mother of Leika, Anstas, and all the characters! I think the way you motivate yourself to continue writing is very admirable because it shows just how deeply you care for your characters. I think, for any successful story, that that is a vital component to have.
BlueRose chapter 23 . 7/23/2016
Thank you for the shout out! I can't help but feel this really deep sense of foreboding...So many feelings I have right now for Halviore, Leika, and Anstas...I'm on my knees crying with them. And the moment when Halviore got to hug Sharle...MY HEART! As well as the moment that Razcel confirmed to Anstas. You have no idea how much these characters make my heart bleed! Looking forward to the next (and I think last?) chapter.
74 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »