Reviews for Leika
basilisk6 chapter 23 . 7/22/2016
Why do I have a terrible feeling that Hal is going to sacrifice himself in order to save Sharle? And he wants to give his heart to Leika before he goes. Oh no, I really don't want that to happen. Is there no way out of the contract? Is Leika doomed to lose Hal a second time (and forever)? I want to cry :(

Thanks for the quick update. I certainly am not complaining. If you're aiming to finish by the 24th, then I suppose there will be daily updates? :)
Shela chapter 23 . 7/22/2016
I figured the fated time was near. An interesting altercation is ahead, I believe. And poor Anstas. I wonder what he will make of himself now that he is assured of not seeing Leika again. Or perhaps the fate have something else in store? hmmmm? I can only hope.

Until then, hopefully all will be okay for Sharle. But that might be hoping for too much. :) As always, I look forward to more!
basilisk6 chapter 22 . 7/21/2016
Oh my God! What the hell was Hal thinking!? For someone so clever, how could he not have seen that his end of the bargin was strange? Why would a demon want something that didn't exist (to Hal's knowledge) and would be dependant on Hal to create, when the contract didn't say "now you must go have a kid and give it to me"? I'm so scared for Sharle now...

But I can't be mad at Hal because he really didn't know (though I'm super curious how he met Sharle's mum). He saw the deal as simple and probably felt he was getting the better end of the bargin since he had no kid and didn't intend on having one. And he really needed the help of the Lord, so I imagine he didn't really dissect the odd request and just agreed to ensure his and Leika's survival. It's so sad for everyone involved. And I was so looking forward to them being a cute little family. :(
Shela chapter 22 . 7/21/2016
Oh my my my. I don't even know what to say in response to that. It's amazing how some things will slip people's minds. Did he really not know that he had a child, or did he forget? And that poor little boy! An interesting turn of events, that will cause many issues in the future. Like perhaps a battle against Asemodea, and I can not even imagine how NOT fun that's gonna be. Also, it slipped my mind, but isn't the boy somewhere near Anstas? Perhaps that will spawn another meeting? :)

As always, I look forward to reading more.
InsanityAndBeyond chapter 21 . 7/21/2016
Ok I'm not gonna read the new chapter till I've reviewed the last couple cause they deserve it.

Mainly I've just been thinking about the halviore leika relationship. Normally I HATE love triangles but I'm actually loving this one because it's kept the perfect chemistry and angst with leika and Anstas going.
Also because both pairings actually work really well.
The fascinating thing is, although of course I'm firmly for Anstas and leika, leika and halviore are a lot more perfectly suited. Like in a way, halviores story is almost more worthy of the centre romance. He helped leika at his lowest point, saved him , taught him, loved him but not physically to endanger him, died and felt tortured for him and waited . Not to mention they're both way more compatible. And he's also shown that he's not evil, dark enough to make you uneasy, but still you know as far as leika is concerned, he's beyond thoughtful. And of course leika's bond with him is so deep that I'm not even annoyed, it's so understandable that he feels for halviore. I'm not sure if he loves halviore because he associates him with comfort and safety, or halviore himself, who he doesn't actually know too much about. Whereas with Anstas, he's definitely IN love with him and UNDERSTANDS Anstas and his inner strength and good.
But then there just enough darkness in halviore for the reader to be slightly uneasy and on edge all the time. I've already mentioned other things, but even in his relationship with leika, it's almost a bit too much, hinting at obsession.
With Anstas, we've actually seen the good he's done leika. Like there have instances where even leika knows he's being more compassionate because he's thinking about Anstas and what he would think. And of course Anstas he's stopped being so naive and grown into a man with leika. But I'll admit, I thought when they went to visit the Angels, or when leika gave Anstas his heart, he would become immortal, but since that didn't happen there'll always be a really sad bitter sweetness to their me of Aragon and stern in Lott, and it makes me really sad.
BlueRose chapter 22 . 7/21/2016
Hello! I delightfully discovered your story about 3 days ago and I haven't been able to put it down since! Your work is amazing and your writing is simply addicting! I'm definitely in love with how fast you update the chapters because I am on the edge of my seat, waiting to read the rest. I have fallen in love with ALL of your characters, they are so lovingly complex and diverse, and this universe you've woven. I want to talk about what I have fallen in love with about each character, especially Leika and Anstas, but then I would take forever haha. I'm really glad Halviore brought Razcel back for Leika, it's just too bad he cannot bring Sahje back too. And now you have me worried about Sharle! What does Asemodea want with him?! I'll look forward to reading the next chapter!
LovelyPurpleGrace423 chapter 21 . 7/18/2016
This story is absolutely outstanding! The way you portray the character's and their emotions is captivating, the way you write is very eloquent and I'm just so in love. You and your story are amazing, and I am anxiously anticipating the next chapter.
Shela chapter 21 . 7/18/2016
Well, you were right. There wasn't quite as much sadness, but goodbyes always leave a bit of sorrow behind. Ah, the things people do for love. Let's see if/how Halviore and Leika make it out of the City of Angels. It should be a very amusing battle.

As much as I would like to know what the demons were saying, I am willing to wait until the end to find out. I imagine it's a bit fortelling. And finding out the foretold is almost always better after the fact. It gives you another reason to go back through the journey. Which, as I mentioned, I plan to do anyway. :)

A lovely chapter, and I greatly look forward to more.
Ella chapter 20 . 7/18/2016
I am so moved. It's a beautiful feeling seeing my name mentioned before a favourite story, it's even more amazing to hear the words "this chapter is for you" from its talented author. Thank you for sharing this gift with the world.

I'm really sad that the prince didn't even get a chance to say goodbye to Leika. He already showed so much sacrifice and so much restraint in agreeing to part with Leika, would it have been too much to let him see the truth? To say goodbye? Get a last hug? But on the other hand perhaps it is the much needed catalyst for him to wake up from his surrendered state and fight for the magician he loves-magic, angels, demons, sacred releams be damned!

Fingers crossed for a happy ending though I wouldn't love it any less if it ended tragically. Also, though I started out hating Hal from the moment he appeared, the later chapters give me pause. He is very interesting, selfish, complex and surprisingly human in conduct and emotions despite his terrifying powers.

Wishing all the good things come your way ~
basilisk6 chapter 21 . 7/17/2016
About the translations... I would like to know what they're saying, but I guess it's not crucial for me to know. I'll leave it up to you. :)

This chapter was so cool! Lots of new stuff to learn. So both Hal and Leika are half-angels. Did not see that coming. Then little Sharle must be the same. (How is Leika going to pick him up from the palace anyways?)

You haven't posted a summary for your new work, but from the title and the brief history lesson we had this chapter, I suppose we'll get to follow the exiled angel king as he lives life as a mortal man? Can't wait!

I'm worried for Hal and Leika in the upcoming battle. I imagine it will be ugly. I hope both will escape relatively unharmed.

Thanks for the update! Until next time. :)
Shela chapter 20 . 7/14/2016
Not entirely surprised about how it turned out, but it's still sad to read. I find myself saddened by everyone involved: Leika for having to leave the man he truly loves in order to save his life; Anstas for having to give up the man he loves because his love believes his life to be more important than their being together; Halviore for having the man he loves stolen from him, with the remains being only half-hearted company.

however will this story turn out? I have no idea, but I shall continue to find out. I look forward to the next chapter.
basilisk6 chapter 20 . 7/14/2016
I really can't tell how this story will end, other than the fact that at least one person will be miserable. And I have to say that I'm kind of surprised by how deeply in love Leika is with Anstas. Perhaps it's because I've never been in love (romantically) that I don't understand how it got to this point. I don't know if this was a true (rare) everlasting love or if it's just that honeymoon phase that new couples go through where they're crazy about each other, but then the sparks slowly fade over time. It's also interesting that Leika didn't even entertain the idea of Anstas marrying and having children. He just wondered if Anstas would adopt. Then again, we don't know much about the royal protocols in this world (arranged political marriage vs. marry whoever you like; adopted heirs vs. full-blood son/daughter heir; etc.)

Really curious about the place they'll be travelling to and who these people are. They must be super powerful if they can do something Hal can't.
Ella chapter 19 . 7/14/2016
I have severe anxiety and depression, and it was during one of my worst anxiety attacks that I found your story. I live alone so I often turn to fiction to relieve my head of the stress or even to distract myself enough to breathe evenly again. Books unfortunately take too much concentration to delve into on such days, so my best bet is usually fictionpress or livejournal to find something good to read, until I tire myself enough to sleep. I must be boring you with the long intro, but what I'm trying to express is my absolute gratitude for sharing your amazing work here. You are no doubt a gifted writer. I didn't just distract myself this time, I was completely immersed in the world you built, fell in love with your characters a hundred times, I actually enjoyed the act of reading, the feeling of losing my head in a fictitious cloud after a very long time. Depression had just dulled my feelings and I've felt too numb to even enjoy good writing in a very long time.

The 19 chapters passed by a whirl, and I am sad to return to the real world now.. I look forward to the next chapters most eagerly :)

Just, thank you, so much.
- ella
Guest chapter 1 . 7/14/2016
I cannot for the life of me believe that this story has only thirty something reviews! Your writing is beyond amazing, your characters spectacular, your plot perfect. I have no doubt that once it is completed, your story will hit 2k or even 4k reviews!
Also, can't wait for chapter 20!
MySecretIndulgences chapter 19 . 7/12/2016
chapter 19:
It's wonderful for Leika that he's back, but at the same time not, because he had grieved and had already started healing, or so it seemed? I really like Anstas and Leika's characters, and want them to be happy, but after what has become of Halviore, I feel like I don't want him around Leika. Leika has a goodness in him that is different from Anstas's, almost a sort of naive purity, but not that. It's within how after all that he has been through, he can still somehow show such love and affection not only for Anstas, but for Razcel and Sahje, and even Dante in a way.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that Leika has the capability and inclination to to be a good person, but I fear how his judgment, and by extension his actions that he will have to live with, will be influenced by what Halviore has become.

And Sahje... just, no. I had to stop and reread that part in the previous chapters over and over because of the denial in my head. It's a good twist but heart-wrenching because of what she meant to Leika and because of the character herself.
74 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 .. Last Next »