Reviews for Heart Shaped Wound
zanybellecloudo chapter 1 . 8/11/2016
This felt like a reflective journey through the trials and tribulations of heartbreak and longing. The friend-zone area may feel very lonely, but truly, many relationships at a young age are fleeting and friends should ideally last longer. If they don’t last they’re not real friendships and even that harsh learning curve is worth undergoing just to find out who is a friend worth having. For example, the very best friend you mentioned who disappeared upon rekindling an old flame seems hardly a friend, nevermind “best”. A best friend wouldn’t forgo contact and become aloof the second someone more interesting came along.

I’ve found many people are false and want an artificial relationships based on the intrinsic need humans have to never be alone. They chose a partner based on the outward visible signs often dictated by society. To me, I believe those people will never know a true bond. They will never feel a spiritual connection to another living being that outlasts even life. They will always feel unloved inside and will fill that love with material possessions, entertainment, distractions... To love one person completely is a very precious gift. It means going beyond all expectations, ideas and needs and knowing a person beneath the skin, and allowing them to know you the same.

Therefore, not having friendships turn to love isn’t a downside on the part of the second-placers; it merely means they are waiting for something much more amazing.

Thanks for sharing your work, ZB.
alltheeagles chapter 1 . 6/22/2016
Angsty? I guess it could be described as that, but it's pretty honest and realistic, I think. I'm pretty sure there is actually (or are) guy(s) like the 'you' out there in the world. I'd like to tell this 'you' to be patient because he just hasn't met his 'the one' yet.

Writing-wise, using second person works well for this kind of writing, but I was thinking maybe the narrator could be a character too, ie a girl who's been in love with this guy forever and kind of stalks him that's how she knows his interactions with his friends but more importantly she understands how he FEELS so she's actually his soulmate but she doesn't know how to reveal herself to him.
Crescent Moon Dancer chapter 1 . 6/16/2016
I am literally crying right now, and you know how hard it is to make me cry. I feel so awful, because I can't help seeing myself in one of those girls that does nothing but blab about her guy. I'll try not to bring up you-know-who ever, ever again.
The writing in this was absolutely wonderful, so deep and profound and emotion-inducing. It's amazing. And I hate it. I hate it, because I know you transfer your emotion into your writing, and I hate that you feel that way, and I /really/ hate myself for contributing to it.
But there's no denying it's a work of literary art, composed by a literary genius.

*Deep breath* Now that that's over, I'm going to go finish crying in a corner and try to get rid of the overwhelming guilt that's moved in.