Reviews for Re:Luna
Rook4903 chapter 2 . 7/16/2020
After finishing the whole series, I went back to chapter 1 just remind myself of how much the characters and story evolved over the course of 32 chapters.
Luna was a boss, I liked her, good yandere. Ryo, very typical MC, not really original. Yet, that's usually the style in these Japanese harem stories. The MC is supposed to be someone you can relate to, or easy to step into their shoes.
I'm just really glad the MC was an individual human being. The majority of yandere stories online are these roleplay yanderexlistener types where you place your name as the main character. I don't like this because 1) the majority of these stories are poorly written and 2) I don't like placing myself into the story as the main character because I know I would react differently than the MC.

A critique that I have for the author, PUU7, is that static nature of the characters. In the 32 chapters we are introduced to several new ashens and silly Yumi to Ryo's Harem. Yet, they don't progress or change in their characters much. I just wanted to see some more character development.
Of course, I can't complain since static characters are common in harem mangas and anime. For example, DATE-A-LIVE's anime adaptation. I liked it, but the only character to progress and to have some depth was Kurumi.

Luna, your main girl, felt a bit static to me. She never seemed to change in her M.O. She was crazy yandere that killed people that she felt like were threats to her relationship with Ryo.
Then again, I liked the mystery behind Luna. You managed to keep us constantly guessing about Luna's sincerity and motivation. It gave me that eerie, but attractive vibe from Luna when she was alone with Ryo. Is she just cold caculating killer that is using Ryo as a puppet, or does she truly have emotions. This wonderfully conflicted by supposed fact that the strongest ashens don't really have emotions, they are just good at faking.

That mystery is used for the yandere in my story: The Ideal Couple: Conditioning. I like having the reader continually guessing if the yandere is truly insane, or if the yandere is simply putting on the perfect show, all apart of some master plan.

The only real criticism I have is that the story hasn't finished. We don't get find out the truth about Luna. Who will Ryo choose? Who is this new Azumi Ashen? Does the organization capture them?

I'm just crying cause, as per usual, I'm late to the conversation. This story was posted back in 2016. The relevancy of has apparently dropped, but I like original fiction!

But to wrap up, I just wanted to let you, PUU7, that Re:Luna is my favorite yandere story on the site. Regardless of my critique, it really is well-written, with cool characters, and detailed action scenes. The manga needs to be a thing.

PS Yumi grew on me
Da Kaleidoscope chapter 32 . 4/21/2017
Ok, I had to admit, I saw that coming.
Da Kaleidoscope chapter 31 . 4/2/2017
What kind of haunted house has actual trapdoors?!
Da Kaleidoscope chapter 30 . 4/2/2017
And we're hitting a point in the original story again, though without Daike. It's going to be interesting to see where you'll take this.
Da Kaleidoscope chapter 29 . 4/2/2017
Oh man, way to ruin a moment Luna.

Anyways, I like that Ryo is learning how to fight. It feels like he won't be as useless anymore.
Da Kaleidoscope chapter 28 . 4/2/2017
This feels kinda like a filler...
Da Kaleidoscope chapter 27 . 4/2/2017
Uh, I think you uploaded the wrong chapter...
Da Kaleidoscope chapter 26 . 4/2/2017
Ok, I feel like it would've been a bit less confusing to describe how Luna found Kaori and Daike, and to describe their battle. Because before, Kaori managed to defeat Luna with Daike.

Also, how did Mayu know where they were? And isn't she blonde, not blue-haired?
Da Kaleidoscope chapter 25 . 4/2/2017
Alright. I love the updated writing style; the added details help explain Ryo's thought processes and creates a sense of immersion.

So, obviously, this is the point where the story diverges from the original. I'm excited to see where it will go; I have high expectations!

Though, what happened to Yumi? She's a part of the harem, right?
DeadPoolKnight chapter 28 . 4/1/2017
Awesome story. This really feels like it could be an anime.
Da Kaleidoscope chapter 18 . 4/1/2017
Why was Ryo so mean...? It seemed unusually OOC...
Da Kaleidoscope chapter 15 . 3/24/2017
Mayu is one of my favorite characters. I hope you update!
Da Kaleidoscope chapter 14 . 3/11/2017
A very well written fight scene, but I have a few questions.
First, why doesn't Ryo do something? I mean he's scared the first few times, but he's been in several fights by now and he knows Luna, so why doesn't he make them stop? And why didn't he say anything when Mayu started implying that they slept together?

Also, how many bandages does Ryo have? And he's got to be a medical expert too with how many times he had to bandage up cuts...
Da Kaleidoscope chapter 13 . 3/10/2017
Another plot-oriented chapter. I like Mayu particularly.
Da Kaleidoscope chapter 12 . 3/10/2017
Dammit Ryo, love her already!