Reviews for Death of Stars
LostCriesofTime chapter 1 . 10/1/2016
Wow, I love this, it was so moving and not an issue I'd ever really thought of. So often we form incredible bonds with people and then casually move on, which we accept as just part of life and while that person is no longer a part of our existence we hold onto the memories. Yet how cold and calculating that actually is if, to them, you're one of only a handful of people who have ever shown them attention and given them memories to warm their hearts. In 'moving on' from them we leave them cold and lonely.

I love art, in any form, which challenges me. And this does, I've started to reevaluate how I've been with people. Maybe I took a different message from it than I should. Maybe the message was intended to be about not actively freezing people out when they hold no more use for you, but I think maybe considering the effect of passively freezing them out as they slowly fade from your awareness is just as thought provoking.

Either way, gorgeous. Brilliantly written and wonderful imagery and a beautiful message of cherishing people.

You started so strong with "I, unimportant and insignificant" - it gave me chills. And you ended with possibly my favourite line, "And for them the lonely stars shall die," I don't know why I just really loved how you worded it.

I just checked my account here, saw your message and wanted to check out some of your more recent work and this one called to me, it was beautiful and poignant and just great. I'm glad to see your writing is still strong, full of heart and voice. It was a pleasure to come back to :)
BradytheJust chapter 1 . 9/7/2016
Those last four lines are probably the greatest you've ever written!
Once again I see the themes of "Warmth and cold" in this poem, and they come across really well. The opening paragraph really spoke to me, as I am a very warm and giving person, yet some people suck it all from me leaving me cold and forgotten.
Having the poem be about stars is a good metaphor because we often see the stars but we don't register that they are warm. When a star dies there are millions more to replace it so we just don't notice, and the same could be applied to humans.
Sometimes people, you loose can reappear in dreams or memories or moments... and whether you lose them by choice or just drift apart they still leave an impact on your heart and soul.
I love the last line "And for them the lonely stars will die." Their are bad people in the world and it stinks how they smother the stars for their own gain and leave them so cold it doesn't matter and they can't see the darkness until it becomes indistinguishable from the light they were once surrounded with.

Dang I'm getting philosophical! Anyway another perfect work by you ZB and keep on writing! :D
pastryninja chapter 1 . 8/28/2016
I like how you compared stars to people; that was a neat idea. Like the message too-that we should reach out to each other.
Jane Glass chapter 1 . 6/21/2016
I'm speechless. I love this.
AngryFerrets chapter 1 . 6/21/2016
That's a powerful poem Zaney! Brilliantly written. You've hit on so many aspects of our society. How it is often callous and shallow, how easy it is to sweep someone away and not even realize the impact we have on them. As individual people we have the power to heal or to hurt and you've captured it beautifully in this poem!