Reviews for Pirates of the Skies
Shang chapter 3 . 13h
Back for more :)

Well, this was a relatively standard shounen action chapter; I have mixed feelings about Hazumi after this - on one had he had spoken to Omoi earlier, so I should've seen this coming, but I kinda liked the premise of Kai being the only one who could talk to him and see him; made their dynamic pretty unique.
Now, since Hazumi can interact with physical world on his own accord, it kinda robs the story of that dynamic, though I do enjoy the idea of a ghost-like character participating in the action. I sure hope that Omoi - assuming she'll join the main cast - will become more 'useful' in the future.

I also wonder about Mokedi; I like that he has some sort of code and I'm guessing that is the thing that stops him from making a kill shot against Kai, but if that is the case he's also not a particularly threatening villain, because his opponent is essentially someone he doesn't kill.

Overall a pretty fun chapter.

P.S. one thing I would like to point out (it seems like a common occurance on FictionPress though) is that I would advice you try using different words when referring to your characters. Always using "Kai", "Omoi" or "Hazumi" kinda makes it seem like they have no, real traits to them and that can make them seem uninteresting in readers' eyes.
lirianstar chapter 33 . 8/16
KAZU THE PSYCHO ITA!

Damn Kiko, try to think before acting, will ya? For someone in her profession, that's just dumb -_-
Whatever happened to the kids?
lirianstar chapter 32 . 8/16
Kai and Kiko's conversation had me in stitches. And Hazumi, of all the times, you have to act like the noble idiot now?

[hazumi's (unintentional) perverted misunderstanding #2. Is this going to be a thing? I hope so!]
lirianstar chapter 31 . 8/16
Kiko? A new antagonist? Geez, I hope not!

I can just see the I (LOVE) shirt XD
Shang chapter 2 . 8/10
And so more is revealed about Kai's other voice. I do wonder what Hazumi can actually do as, up til now, he was all talk... literally :P I gotta say that this pilot arc, for strange reasons, kinda reminds me of the opening arc of my own "Forgotten Sands", granted there are MANY differences, so I have no idea where that connection comes from '

This entry was pretty fun to read (although I'm not quite sure I understood what sort of cannon did Akum used against Kai and Omoi's hiding spot) and I am curious about resolution.

A few grammar mistakes (some somewhat "glaring" as a simple spell-check in any progrom such as Word or OpenOffice would've underline them) such as "pscycho". Technically nothing that really affects enjoyment of the story, but more pedantic readers could likely get discouraged by this.

If Kai's father really is gonna pay the Budakai Restaurant, I may grow to like Kai a tad more based on this chapter, but I am curious about the rest of the family; as you wrote if they are to share spotlight (which I totally support as I commonly dislike "one-man stories"), I hope they are an interesting bunch ;)
Shang chapter 1 . 8/7
After some troubles of getting into the story, I finally managed to read the first chapter. I must say that it is very "shounen manga" like in the spirit of the most common series with "One Piece" in particular coming to mind, but i senses some elements from "Magi - the Labirnyth of Magic" in here. Not that this is a bad thing, mind you, but the vibe is strong in this one ;)

Kai left me with mixed feelings: certainly a fun character (I still wonder about who he's talking to; a trait that SLIGHTLY reminds me of a protagonist I once myself made), but he also seems rather egocentric with "dine & dash" and than wrecking the marketplace... I know coretalar damage is common in shounen manga (see "Fairy Tail" as, probably, the most well-known example), but here the havok is purely for the sake of Kai not getting caught for something bad he himself did rather than defeating the bad guy and I cannot condole.

Still I like the premise of sky pirates and the story seems intriguing... brings nostalgia to the time I read shounen manga myself. A few grammar hiccups can be found along the way, but this feels pretty solid and really gives an impression of reading some Shounen Jump story, so that is impressive in itself.

I'm currently returning to FictionPress after a loooooooooong break and for now I'm marking stories that I like, but I certainly will return to this one in the near future. Nice work.
lirianstar chapter 30 . 7/26
Whew. Hazumi is safe!
That said - I feel for Eri XD. Mord is a moron in every sense of the way.
Eri be like "Tf You doing?" & "I don't believe this shit" to Mord...
lirianstar chapter 29 . 7/26
Nooooooooo!
Damn you Eri.
Hazumi. You. Have. To. Be. OK!

So, humans are actually nobles? And they usually have arranged marriages? Something tells me the Otake elders' story will be far more interesting. What is their past exactly?
lirianstar chapter 28 . 7/26
Yuki's paranoia is...pretty scary.
Why do I think her TRUE potential will be unlocked when one of her boys falls for a girl?
Well Eri is on his way, the Otakes might have to pay...
lirianstar chapter 26 . 7/26
Kai... (me shaking my head) XD
A new arc? I wonder what awaits the pirate clan.
lirianstar chapter 25 . 7/26
Awww Hazumi! I have to say, he saves them every time. I guess meeting the Otakes did end up doing Ikazu good...in a way.
lirianstar chapter 24 . 7/26
The action was right on - and so was the humor.

Kazu Ita finally! Man the dude is freaky..but I like the dark humor.
Captain vs captain...I guess Shinji is one of the 'the devils's in the details' kind of people.
lirianstar chapter 23 . 7/16
Okay, Eri joins my bias club. I don't know why, but he seems to be the anti-hero type. He might be a psycho, but I have doubts.

I mean, he just wanted his box back...and Shinji was pretty dumb not to take the offer when he was offering a deal. Whatever it is, it better be important...

How will the Otakes dig themselves out of this one?
lirianstar chapter 22 . 7/16
'Boys without Cannonballs fund' LMAO

I already feel bad for Ikazu.

And is Shinji really a dark horse? What is a power bullet? The Otake Clan sure is full of surprises.
lirianstar chapter 21 . 7/16
The Haunted stew XD

Man, they are morons!
Eri Misugi...he already sounds interesting.
259 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »