Reviews for Pirates of the Skies
Tomoyuki Tanaka chapter 52 . 4/27
Yay, we're back to the Piranhakin arc! Good to see the Otakes back in their usual escapades.

I laughed when Shuji thought, so mom and dad might be dead? No way in hell. Especially after what they did to escape the heap of corpses all those chapters back. Andrizu and Shuji dining together was kind of funny, and her attempts to learn human culture were comical. It did give her character a nice touch, though. That said, poor Shuji stumbling around without his glasses. He reminds me of myself. I can't see anything without my glasses either.

Anyway, good to get back to this arc, and I realize you've hit chapter 52 too! Same number of chapters as me! It took me a long while and a lot of effort, but I managed to catch up to you in terms of chapter numbers!
Tomoyuki Tanaka chapter 51 . 4/27
I can't say I'm a fan of the intermissions. So no comment.
cud-b-better chapter 25 . 4/22
A grand escape and a new enemy/rival in the making. The captain leaving like a total boss. Another good arc. It looks like soon Shuji may also find a way to allow Hazumi to be visible to his family. Still wondering what really happened to him. But Shinji was just too brilliant in this arc, he deserves a place on that list if only to make me laugh. Here's hoping the equally amusing captain is going to be the otakes equivalent of Smoker (although a lot weaker and much more pathetic).
cud-b-better chapter 24 . 4/22
For some reason I was thinking of the the fight between kick ass and red mist when reading Shinji's fight and how awful it was. Whilst the two younger sons take on a dangerous criminal, but the anticlimatic finish was another good touch. Everything about this just tickles the right note with me. I thought for a while mary was going to have to do all the fighting for him. Now I'm sure Kai's mesmerizing is completely blind. But like always Shuji has the worst opponent during life and death fights.
cud-b-better chapter 23 . 4/22
The battle can begin. And some hints of Shinji's past. I thought the escape through the vent was a bit simple however. I was kind of hoping for a plan like open the vent lure eri in and shoot him whilst can't defend himself. Now with all the players gathered I can't wait to see how this will all play out.
cud-b-better chapter 22 . 4/22
So shinji starting to get serious. But loved the exchange and his obliviousness. All tension lost in favour of comedy, a good choice. And Kai vs the childish captain, could be amusing. But main interest is seeing whether shinji actually has some serious bite.
cud-b-better chapter 21 . 4/22
It seems the group have met a dangerous foe. Unfortunately considering he came pretty much out of the woodwork rather than hinted to earlier his presence doesn't feel as intimidating as I think you intend it should be. I'm hoping the captain gets his dish of excitement, I like that not only do you focus on main characters but also the minor ones as well.
cud-b-better chapter 20 . 4/22
Shinji is just brilliant. The food is haunted. And even more incredible that they were stupid enough to believe it. "Those two bottles of rum...no on second thought four bottles..." definitely my fav part. It's incredible just how you create these humourous situations, well done to you sir. Even throwing in some fatherly love for a bit of drama to spice up this glorious chapter.
cud-b-better chapter 19 . 4/22
God you never cease to make me laugh. Jumping onto his father's back like that was gold. I'm a little bit curious if Mary has an ulterior motive behind her actions, or whether it is just in regards to Riku. Although Kai didn't help I felt Hazumi was a bit too childish this chapter, and the fight almost went past a squabble loved the parents differing opinions in regards to the reason for their falling out. It seems Hazumi loses control if his emotions are riled up. But another good chapter, little upset that you just give the odd chapter of the flashback every now and then rather than keeping it together though.
cud-b-better chapter 18 . 4/22
I'm guessing this is happening in the past again. I still like the touch that Yuki is the most competent. Shinji is easily my favourite character, abandon son to save self. Parent of the century. The fact Yuki goes in a rampage of two missing sons not paying any mind she endangered another one herself. Now how will they handle the merman things.
Tomoyuki Tanaka chapter 50 . 4/20
Oh, Eri got what he's looking for. I'm glad Yuki wasn't sniped. That would have been bad.

I thought Mary would be more grateful, consideering Omoi saved her. Not even a word of thanks, and she launches off into a lecture. Oh well.

At least the Otakes got out of this alive and considerably richer! Ha ha ha! I see Shinji has the same sense of humor as me. :D
Tomoyuki Tanaka chapter 49 . 4/19
Mord and Riku...man, Mord is freaking insane. Do you try to tell the woman's son straight up that you're gonna bang her? I know it's meant to be funny, but it sounded a lot more...disturbing to me.

The fight scene was awesome, and I'm going wide eyed at how Mord uses his stump to fight. He hides quite a few stuff inside his stump, eh, including a flamethrower! His stump has gotten me stumped. Fortunately Riku has a good head on his shoulders and wasn't stumped so he could behead Mord.

Stupid Eri. Someone just kill him like Mord already. I wish they would stop trying to kill the Otakes.
Tomoyuki Tanaka chapter 48 . 4/4
That Mord is getting really disturbing.

Still, it's great to see the Otake family reunited, and I look forward to them stealing the treasure from right under Eri's nose! Ha ha ha ha ha! Go Otakes, go!
Tomoyuki Tanaka chapter 47 . 4/4
Mord is disgustiing...I mean, do you seriously have to be that obsessed over another's man's wife?

Not sure when this is again, but Kai has devolved back into his reckless, obnoxious self. Well, I won't comment much on this because we're back in the past if I'm not mistaken. Poor Yuki. She has no idea what's waiting for her.

It was nice to see the friendship between Mary and Omoi, I enjoyed that. Girl power!
cud-b-better chapter 16 . 3/31
A good end to the fights. Shuji really is just there to be the loser though. Riku and Yuki dealing with everything, I'm glad she wasn't a one trick woman just using air torpedoes. Looks like they're going off another detour before returning to the previous detour. I'm loving the family's interactions and how they play off each other works brilliantly. Still quite a few mysteries such as just how did Hazumi become the way he did? And who wanted to bring Kazu to them so much that they had someone try to break him out of jail.
125 | Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »