Reviews for Pirates of the Skies
Cloudcrushed chapter 1 . 7/8
such a shame that your story has ended... :/ it had a lot of potential.

but oh well, it was nice while it lasted. all the best to you and your future projects, WGB!
CrossPaladin chapter 145 . 1/21/2020
There a reason this story is on permanent hiatus, Wolf? A shame we won't ever know how it ends.
Aluminiumi chapter 1 . 4/25/2019
I wonder who Kai has been talking to this whole time... the story really focuses on his interactions with the invisible spirits (?) that have been beside him. It makes me wonder which part of Kai's conversations were the most important?
cud-b-better chapter 80 . 3/30/2019
Well I'm a little confused. If they are the host of the party wouldn't you think they would know that the Otakes were not invited. But it seems despite this the otakes or rather Yuki knows how to mingle with the upper class. I'm starting to wonder, is Wraith creating the lightning himself, because a bolt of lightning seems to illuminate him with the perfect timing.
cud-b-better chapter 79 . 3/30/2019
Well a Shinji level plan A failing as I predicted. He never fails to make me laugh. And now it seems the otakes are probably going to have a run in with wraith. Wonder how that would go.
cud-b-better chapter 78 . 3/30/2019
Well finally time for me to read some more. And a good exiting line for this one. It seems we have a very blofeld influenced villain. Although if he is some kind of head of an organisation wouldn't he use a lackey messenger rather than going in person. Well not for me to worry about, looking forward to the otakes crashing this party.
lirianstar chapter 40 . 1/16/2019
A treasure map, what Ho!

I can help but like Eri...why, I have no idea. Looking from his perspective - he has every right to exact vengeance... And from the ending I guess that will soon be coming. Plus his overall reactions at being stuck with bumbling buffoons is rather entertaining too.
Mord was hilarious. "next time ye feels efficient, jump off the ship!"
The poor doc. That IOU...
lirianstar chapter 39 . 1/2/2019
Yasss! I sense a counterattack is about to begin. And hopefully, get kai out safely during the process lol. Which is kind of weird as they instigated the whole thing by stealing in the first place...

Loved the talk between eida and Kim.
Ming the Priceless chapter 1 . 12/5/2018
Here from friend's recommendation ;)

An interesting start to the story; very shounen-like... whether that's good or bad is an individual choice, but I like it. Kai seems like a rather usual shounen protagonist, but I do wonder who he's talking too (because - lets face it - he is NOT talking to himself ;)).
The premise intrigues me; this seems to be similar in tone to my own tales, so there's always that ;)
Overall I like it and I'll check out the rest in the near future. Nice work.
lirianstar chapter 38 . 11/29/2018
Okay, NOT only is Kazu is psychopathic serial killer, and a rapist, he [most probably] is ALSO is a pedo. Uuughh.
Gotta say, the way you'vre portrayed him gives me the chills.

The entire time I was like "Eida, take Kimi and get the hell outta dodge!" [it looked like he was taking wayyy too many chances, and given what we've seen Kazu has the luck of the devil]

Interesting developments for far. I wonder if the newer characters will become mainstream in the future.
Shang chapter 17 . 11/26/2018
The self-awareness is uncanny... but Kai does have a point - commonly it's the main characters that are shown training. It's not always the case in more recent titles, but as far as old shounen went '

I'm still not sure about the idea of intermission as a separate chapter, but that's just me. Anxious to read more, but that'll have to wait a bit. Still I will be back for more soon ;)
Nice work.
Shang chapter 16 . 11/26/2018
Finally found the time to complete this arc.

I must say I don't know how I feel about Branson's counter to Yuki's wind, but I'm very happy with the resolution of Riku vs Kazu where Hazumi helped; it's a nice twist that gives Hazumi a bit more respect (now if only Shuji and Shinji would show some skill :D).

And Shuji's left again - he gets no recognition what-so-ever... sure, he doesn't really do anything (not yet anyway), but still '

A pretty good ending to the arc and I wonder where the story goes from here.
Unbreakable Ark chapter 5 . 11/24/2018
Intermissions are a good touch to remind the reader how stuff in the story works. Good job!
Unbreakable Ark chapter 1 . 11/23/2018
Well, I'm endeared by Kai already! The premise of this story seems gripping, and you do a great job of using humour as a way to make us care about the characters. I have a long journey ahead, so I won't give my opinion on every chapter, but at key moments throughout my reading of your tale, I'll chime in. From one author to another, congrats at making a story at 124 chapters and counting!
Shang chapter 15 . 11/14/2018
So Branson has abilities too? I wonder how his fight with Yuki will go, although I admit I was kinda hoping Shinji would face him... or Kazu at least. The general development of the plot kinda reminds me of Hiro Mashima's works here, which I commonly like, so you're doing a good job on that front.

I do think the story would benefit from a bit more "elaborated" descriptions... not necessary longer, but just... given more attention? I'm not sure if I'm wording it right; most of the time they feel like they're just 'there'. I would advice trying to use them to invoke more emotions out of readers, if you get my meaning.

Nice job so far.