Reviews for Into the Stars
dean strausbaugh chapter 18 . 9/22/2017
very well written, ending was great
Science Guy chapter 5 . 10/15/2016
I want to say a few things about what i read. I like the plot of this story, i find myself agreeing with James that something may be going on... Would make a great plot! Secondly though, the science makes me cringe slightly. You know a few good points (eg bending the fabric of spacetime) but somethings really need to be worked out... Firstly, you dont leave Earth's Orbit... You can leave it's general Sphere of Influence but yiu cant escape it that fast. Also you maths with the rescue... If you are positioned 1 light year away from Sol and 3 light years from Alpha Centuri plus it takes 1 week to find them and another to wake up Mark... Theoretically they should have traveled through the system ages ago... To conclude, i recommend double checking your science and maths, especially if you use terms like light years or spacetime etc.

Good story though,
Anomynous
Vad73 chapter 2 . 7/23/2016
Nice story idea, though I think it's unlikely that scientists would pick an ordinary, inexperienced, man who drinks beer and whisky to travel outside the solar system.
Maybe they would've picked a famous astronaut?
But, everyone can dream a little, can't they? Well done! 9/10! :DD
IronicPuppies chapter 1 . 7/5/2016
The tests with mice didn't work before they tried this? Sounds like this experiment has a pretty glaring lack of testing and safety protocols, haha.

Otherwise it's an interesting start.
Barbados chapter 1 . 7/5/2016
Hello there!

For a prologue, the scene fits the bill nicely. It sets the stage for the story, as it should.

However, there is a LOT of room here to breath some more life into this scene. What kind of hallway are they walking down? What does the door look like? What does the pod look like? It doesn't have to be long, elaborate descriptions of the scene - just some adjectives here and there to add dimension and flavor. Pod - polished, chrome oval or sphere made of many interlocked hexes, or what? Concrete tunnel lit with suspended flourescent tubes, or sleek metal tunnel that seemed lit from within? Is this a crude, poorly funded fringe-scientists experiment? Or is it a top-notch, high-tech facility with highly educated staff?

Also, I'm shocked they would send a person when mice have not survived, but that's just me.

Your favorite stories on FP contain a lot of sci-fi, so I believe you probably have a great adventure in mind and can come up with a fun, interesting sci-fi story. Help us see what you see. :)

Keep writing!
Drewman785 chapter 1 . 7/5/2016
Okay chapter but please try and make your chapters longer, a 200 something word chapter isn't very long and isn't very detailed