Reviews for Sunken Ships Set Sail
JaveHarron chapter 5 . 2/21/2023
A fun story, especially leading up to the final battle. Moana and Taleb were perhaps your best defined characters here. The later chapters seemed a bit better in terms of pacing and creative flourish, but overall, a quick and enjoyable story.
JaveHarron chapter 2 . 2/21/2023
I am definitely enjoying your worldbuilding here. The characters have a distinct voice to them and you do not need infodumps to explain all. A few metaphors here or there would work, but so far, so good.
Jaya Avendel chapter 5 . 11/15/2017
Moana laughing hysterically was kind of funny. In a way, the plan of Taleb did go a bit wrong. But it still erupted in war and bloodshed. I liked the imagery of bodies falling from the sky.

Poor Brekkus; betrayed and trying to cope with it. Coping with it well, in fact.

It seems the tower was destroyed rather then allowed to be taken. A brave sacrifice.

I am sad the story ended here. I would have liked to read more.
Jaya Avendel chapter 4 . 11/15/2017
The action started out well, with Taleb coming out on deck. The fight between airships was good.

Taleb's thoughts of killing master and apprentice were dis-settling, contrasted by his sudden rush to save Bryne. I found his compassion for Bryne a bit strange.

Taleb has a tactical mind and, in this chapter, he is less a spoilt brat and more a commander with hints of cruelty in his every thought.
Jaya Avendel chapter 3 . 11/14/2017
It sounds to me from Daylln's reaction to Taleb that he does not treat his crew mates very well.

I enjoyed greatly the description of the blades; it was so lovely and well refined. I liked also leaning about the Lon and some of the lore of the world.
Jaya Avendel chapter 2 . 11/14/2017
Taleb cares little for the lives of his crew. It was interesting seeing things from the perceptive of Canith and Brekkus. It shows how hard it is to have a commander like Taleb.

I liked seeing Brekkus and his apprentice interact. The dialogue and conversation was good but Taleb's screaming made him sound like a spoilt job sparking emotions in me.
Jaya Avendel chapter 1 . 11/13/2017
The Dryn and Dryn Mar are described very well, with beauty in every word. I wonder what will found of the airships-the fabled fleet of Orn.

Taleb seems to be the leader but he may be a bit rash, ordering an attack outnumbered five to one. But then again, I have not seen the power of the Freedom Fighters in full force yet.
Inala chapter 5 . 9/24/2017
Wow and wow again.

I can't wait to read your other entries.

I found to the two sides of the freedom seekers to be very relatable. I tend to go toward the peaceful solution myself so I found the better tomorrow group to be more sympathetic, not to mention the fact that Taleb to put it mildly is a hothead, is such a weak word for what he is. I didn't like his personality at all. I liked Moana; she was understanding and perceptive. Sorry I dislike ridiculously angry individuals. I know they exist (just read my poem entitled abuse), but it's just a personal feeling. I know they have their reasons. And if they were truly treated like slaves, those would be really good reasons.

This chapter had a few grammar issues, an extra word, in a sentence or two, but overall pretty good.

I really enjoyed this story and can't wait to read more!

Inala
Inala chapter 4 . 9/23/2017
Wow. This is gonna be so bad, but maybe the two better tomorrow guys will survive.

So great! I had a little trouble following the crash, but I didn't get much sleep last night so that probably added to my confusion.

The story ends next chapter? What? Are you serious?
Alright. This is so good. I just want so much more.
Inala chapter 3 . 9/22/2017
I'm still enjoying this. Very descriptive and you've gotta love a good revolution story, I'm just afraid they're all going to kill each other.
I have no comments about grammar, this time was good, read last night though and reviewing this afternoon.
I thought the sword description flowed well.
Thanks.
Inala chapter 2 . 9/21/2017
So glad Taleb isn't the only main character! I was beginning to be annoyed with him at the end of the other chapter but didn't say anything.
I like how the story is unfolding so far. I'm concerned that battles between the two factions aren't far off, but that is a product of revolutions.
I feel like I saw one misspelling, but it's no big deal to me. I'm not one to ask to spell anything.
Great job can't wait to read more although I should be working on my own stuff ;D
Inala chapter 1 . 9/21/2017
I will have to read Monolith too.

I enjoyed the descriptions and the story is interesting with strange new creatures you've created.

There are a few small errors, just typing errors. Missing letters and all.

I really enjoyed the opening of this story. I will continue enjoying. Thanks.

Inala
AngryFerrets chapter 5 . 8/8/2017
Outstanding. This back story is just as compelling as Shattered Fortress. I know SF is your main work but you could easily have a prequel novel here. The detail and writing is exceptional. There were a few tiny typos along the way but they were grossly overshadowed by the incredible story.

The world building is top notch. Such rich detail. It is very easy to become engrossed in this world, which is probably why I get so excited when I see an update to these stories.

This was well worth the wait, masterful storytelling!
alltheeagles chapter 5 . 8/6/2017
I think you tied up all the loose ends, and now I finally understand the backstory behind Shattered Fortress 1 and 2. Well ok, I still have some niggly questions like why'd they lose their wings and what actually sent them into the Crystifice world, but those are minor things.
A casual reader could enjoy this short collection as well since it's relatively self-contained, but then I don't consider myself a casual reader, haha. A salute to you for managing to come up with two very different settings, and yet they're so interwoven to make a whole. And like all the best sagas, there's plenty of room for expansion with the world that you've created. Bravo!
LorrahBear chapter 4 . 6/19/2017
I can't believe it's been so long since I had the pleasure of reading your work... :)

Oh Taleb... I just can't like him. And yet I want to like him because I love Mona, and she's with him. I vote for a mutiny, putting her in charge!

Really though, I loved the chapter. It was a great read, and flowed really well. I liked how each character brought new information to the reader. Nicely done!
34 | Page 1 .. Last Next »