Reviews for Before we were Together
zagato chapter 14 . 1/31/2019
This is great, thank you!
RainbowPearls chapter 6 . 6/3/2018
.."Celemir couldn't help it, she loved watching her Thane.." the first line itself made me grin. ;)
The way she was gazing during his practice time and noting him so deeply is a start of infatuation. XD
. "Hope the animals like that instead of us." - hilarious!
Wait! Celemir can't go! She's alive! I hope nothing happens to her :(
What happened with her was really a sad story and that's she gets claustrophobic perhaps. :(
RainbowPearls chapter 5 . 6/2/2018
Lol, Celemir doesn't like Arissa. This was pretty good length chapter and I liked it
"If she was troubled, he wanted to bring her peace, because that was his duty to her."
This was cute, almost repressing the reversal of their roles xD
Yep, that explains a whole lot of Engarr's soft side since he lost his parents at an early age:(
And that's why he is so kind. I'm glad that they talked and sorted out everything and she accepted his friendship and prayed for its safety. That was cute:)
The blushing scene was a lot funny xD
RainbowPearls chapter 4 . 6/2/2018
Aww, 'Away from her! ' what an enthusiastic move for a friend shieldmaidden. :'D
I could picture his so clearly and the scenario in which it took place.
It's just that Celemir doesn't want to friends because she doesn't know how. :(
This is a whole lot that made this chapter interesting. Celemir's pounders at the end of the day suggests she's not ready to accept his a friend :)
Oh, the battle was awesome:)
RainbowPearls chapter 3 . 6/2/2018
Valena is a mage? That's so wow! Hahaha, her outburst was hilarious. I think the sister and the mother didn't taught her how to be around a softie Thane! ;)
The Dragon battle! I'm so curious!
Nice chapter!
RainbowPearls chapter 2 . 5/29/2018
I noticed one point- Celemir doesn't want to have any sadness at the time of departure from her Thane and thus she reasons everything of his behavior and absolutely avoids from developing even a tad of feelings.

Seeing Engarr, he's such a friendly person and I wish if I could be his shieldmaiden. ;D
He was even thanking her when she saved him. So sweet :)
Hahaha, I likes how she believes that he doesn't knows what are duties of his shieldmaiden and he's kinda naive or say friendly with her ;)
RainbowPearls chapter 1 . 5/29/2018
Awesome start! I absolutely loved the plot and how it's going :D
It seemed like I was watching a starting episode of a Japanese anime! ;)

Celemir seemed a little too much trained by her sister and mother and she remembers everything he'd been taught. But this Nord, Engarr has an adorable character. I liked the way he treated Celemir- more like a friend and less like a servant. That's so sweet. His appearance which appeared he's too thin and perhaps can't even hold a weapon (as per her) was so proven wrong by his might attack when those attackers insulted her. I loved his protectively nature towards Celemir. :)

Nice start~
alltheeagles chapter 14 . 10/18/2017
Ah, so there IS room for a part 3!
So anyway, I'm pretty satisfied with this ending, in particular:
- Celemir calls Engarr her friend. :D
- Arissa finds a happy ending too - I had her pegged as a rival, and then I grew to like her as well, so I'm happy for her.
alltheeagles chapter 13 . 10/18/2017
Oh, I was expecting more of a melee rather than a final showdown, but this was plenty exciting and suspenseful and you had me guessing right up to the end whether this would be a 'clean' victory or whether you'd let the baddie slip away (for another sequel - trilogies are all the rage nowadays). I'm glad Celemir rose to the occasion after all the self-doubts she'd had. Engarr's trust in her was justified!
alltheeagles chapter 12 . 10/18/2017
I love strong Celemir! She makes me want to protect my thane too (if I had one, but I don't think any thane would want such a klutzy and disobedient girl like me) The new guys sound exciting and with them on Engarr's side the finale should be more balanced. My favourite is the Khajit! Like Paws, but on steroids!
alltheeagles chapter 11 . 9/6/2017
Yay, escape! I like Arissa in this chapter, she's resourceful and confident and very much in charge of the escape despite being wounded. Cele could pick up a thing or two from her in the 'strong lady' department.
I have kind of a stupid question though - why didn't Engarr use his dragonborn powers to free himself? I mean, he could have brought the castle down in ruins with a shout, right?
alltheeagles chapter 10 . 9/5/2017
Hmm... politics is entering the mix now huh. Well, I'll say right out that politics are not my cup of tea, but if you don't get into too much twists and turns, I can come along for the ride. Engarr is true to character, standing up for his lady. Ah, chilvary...
alltheeagles chapter 9 . 6/8/2017
Ooh, not just zombies but SUPER powered zombies. Luckily their lungs are not working or engarr would have a big problem. Well, it should be a piece of cake dealing with the invaders if they have super engarr on their side!

The backstory about Cele was poignant, and engarr being concerned for her was so sweet. I'm on his side though, when it comes to not helping the guards. Retribution is just, those guys deserved their just desserts.
alltheeagles chapter 8 . 2/12/2017
My favourite thing about this chapter was the bit on loving yourself being among the forms of love. We constantly/often/sometimes/once in a while (choose relevant word) think we're unloveable, but we have to try because if we can't even love ourselves then how can we open up to the idea of being loved by others? I think Cele needs to learn this lesson from Jerin, and I hope she does.

And now for my meanie moment: I was happy Arissa got travel sick, so there!
alltheeagles chapter 7 . 12/22/2016
I was never worried for Cele cause I was pretty confident Engarr would get her back, but I do have somewhat mixed feelings here. I don't approve of fighting over talking, or at least trying to talk before fighting if that doesn't work out. But well, it worked so I'll say nothing more about it. Hope this convinces Cele of his true feelings for her!

One minor point: why was it necessary for Arissa to come along too? She didn't do very much that I can see, I mean, she could at least have helped out with fighting the Gods or something...