Reviews for Before we were Together
alltheeagles chapter 6 . 12/22/2016
Yes, yes, I'm gonna read on but before that I gotta say something...

First of all Yay, Cele for overcoming her fear for her Thane's sake. And smart girl, not to leave Arissa alone with him. She's got something up her sleeve (if she ever wears clothes with sleeves) and you better keep an eye on her.

Having said that, I like Arissa for all that she's supposed to be Cele's rival. Cause she knows what she wants and she's up front about it.
alltheeagles chapter 5 . 11/12/2016
I'm happy that Cele has accepted the idea of friendship with Engarr. It's interesting to learn about Engarr's history too (did he become a werewolf in the war?) even if it isn't exactly a shared history with Cele (I mean, she just knows about the war, but he lived through it). But just as things get rosy on that front, along comes Arissa. Oh well, I'm not worried about Celemir at all, cause she isn't the first lady to come 'between' them, and nothing ever became of the others. In other words, if Arissa is supposed to be a serious contender for Engarr's affections, then she needs to do more than just show that she can rob and steal.

Sorry... not a fan of Arissa, evidently. :p
Crescent Moon Dancer chapter 4 . 10/22/2016
(We're sorry, this review is unavailable due to the fact that the reader has passed out from the sheer awesomeness of this chapter. Please check back later.)
alltheeagles chapter 4 . 10/18/2016
I have this idea that dragons are wise old thing full of tricks like Smaug kind of, but this dragon sounded kind of not very smart. It doesn't even talk. But I'm not complaining, a cunning dragon would be hard to kill!

Velana appeared suddenly, which is not a problem, but then Cele just takes her presence for granted. I'd have expected some reaction - surprise, or annoyance, or relief, or 'it's about time' if Velana was supposed to be their ally.

On Cele and Engarr, there's a teeny bit of development on the 'i'd like to be his friend' theme, but I sure wished it was more! NO idea what a modded companion is, but sounds fun!
Crescent Moon Dancer chapter 3 . 9/4/2016
Ahhhh, we got to meet Celemir's sister! :D:D:D That must have been the special guest you were talking about! :) I loved the chapter, and you've got me on pins and needles waiting for the next one.
alltheeagles chapter 3 . 8/30/2016
I'm glad you listened to the feedback and are going down the original road - I don't really think you need the backing of Skyrim to write what you've written about Engarr and Celemir. And anyway as a Skyrim stranger, I know nothing of them and they might as well be original characters to me.

The thing is, you have a nice premise going here - servant who just wants to be a servant, and master who doesn't let her be one. It could be developed many ways - fun/fluffy, serious/thoughtful, passionate forbidden love, gentle friendship/romance kindling... take it away, let your imagination fly!
zanybellecloudo chapter 2 . 8/12/2016
Your battles scenes are first class. They are swift and easy to follow, and healing potion scene was lovely, reminds me of Final Fantasy so I can relate to that. The dialogue is sharp and witty which I enjoy, and her inward anxiety over their friendship is so refreshing to read. It just brings the entire story to life. I love the mages, they always sound cute to me, ha. Also, it’s funny how he hates magic (smells like magic – lips curl haha) and how she’s becoming attached to her Thane despite her best efforts not to. I’m really glad you recommended this story as I enjoyed finding out about their history together before the future events unfold. I could easily read an entire novel on these characters including all elements I’ve read so far and to find out what happens next! It is an exciting story and one that I found original and unique. Thanks for sharing, ZB.
zanybellecloudo chapter 1 . 8/12/2016
I like these characters so much! They have such great personalities and work together perfectly. Thankfully, whatever fictional world they have been stolen from is lost on me *coughs*. It is strange for me to follow a fantasy story so well, but you have the right mix of dialogue, characterisation and action set in a mythical era which flows smoothly and enjoyably for me. I love he is weird and gentle, yet he loses his rag at insults, haha! And she’s so awkward and inwardly growling, finally a maiden I relate to! There’s definitely something about the way you write and the ease of flow and realness you give your characters. I think this works well for a YA audience, and a story like this would be thoroughly adored. My only qualm is that its fanfiction (of sorts) and I would prefer this to be an original tale, spawned from your own creativity. I have no issues with the story or skilful writing itself, and will continue to read regardless. Thanks for recommending the story, ZB.
philosophik1 chapter 2 . 8/5/2016
Another great chapter. The fight scenes were exciting and it read so smooth. I'm really begining to like her thane, he's a pretty cool bloodthirsty guy that cares about the little guy. lol. I have one suggestion though. It's more of an opinion, actually, but for me the use of 'wordlessly' ruined the great flow you had going. It felt out of place. The first time you use it, I'd consider takng it out and saying it a different way. The second time you use it, I'd just take the word out and leave it the way it is (I only remember you using it twice, but it may have been more). Other than that, great job and don't stop sharing your amazing talent.
alltheeagles chapter 2 . 8/3/2016
Well I don't play any RPGs so I can't say I know anything much about it, but it sure sounds like a raid that's come to life the way you described this episode. Most of all I like how you insert more information about how Engarr treats his shieldmaiden unlike she thinks she should be treated. Maybe you could have dropped a few more details about how she feels about being treated that way, eg when Engarr insists on carrying his own stuff does she feel less useful, or grateful that he considers her situation, or does she think he doesn't trust her, or is she puzzled but doesn't dare to speak up... etc. Cause I find their relationship quite intriguing.
philosophik1 chapter 1 . 8/2/2016
Great start. It flowed so smoothly, I breezed right through this chapter. Looks like Celimir got stuck with the one Nord who had to be different. But even though she's uncomfortable with it at first, I have a feeling things will change, and their relationship will be unlike any other of it's kind. Maybe even a romance may be in the works? Anyways, keep up the good work.
Crescent Moon Dancer chapter 2 . 8/2/2016
Methinks Celemir just needs to accept the fact that her Thane is going to wind up her friend. :) Wonderful, wonderful writing Brady, I loved it! I was thoroughly riveted the whole time, and I can't wait for the next chapter! :D
alltheeagles chapter 1 . 7/22/2016
You had me chuckling at the 'broken thane' description. Poor Cele, so confused by this most unlikely of heroes. He seems to have grown some muscles since this piece, huh, since I imagined him to be fairly buff in the later piece. Still, I like how he seems so nonchalant about the whole lord and shieldmaiden thing at first but goes into full protector mode when Cele is insulted. I guess some people would consider this chauvinism, but me, I'd be happy if a guy did that for me *Dreamy sigh*
Crescent Moon Dancer chapter 1 . 7/19/2016
(We're sorry, this review is unavailable due to the fact that the reader is bouncing around in thrilled circles, too excited to speak. We're pretty sure she loved the story - which may be a massive understatment - and she can't wait for the next chapter, but is unable to say so herself at the current time. Please check back later.)
29 | « Prev Page 1 2