Reviews for Hope's End
Guest chapter 1 . 10/31/2016
I know a bit about WWII tanks and am enjoying this. But female crew members?
Guest chapter 1 . 10/31/2016
A good story. I know a bit about WWII tanks.

I'm enjoying this. But am surprised that tanks had some female crew members. Is that your idea, and not historical fact?
Guest chapter 5 . 10/31/2016
Did the German army really use female soldiers?! As clerks, etc., yes. But in battle, especially in tanks?
Guest chapter 3 . 10/31/2016
I'm enjoying this and will continue to read.

I think it'd be a good idea to mention the ranks with US or British equivalent in parentheses after you write it in German. That way, English-speaking readers can understand.

I know what the Panther looks like and the Hunting Tiger, the really heavy German tank. Allied tankers feared it, with its powerful main gun and thick armor. The US Sherman was not it's match.

I'm trying to think what an IS-2 is. I know the Russian T-34 and their larger Stalin tank.

I'm hoping for a mention of the men's sidearms. I'm familiar with the various handguns/pistols used by Germany in WW II. And the tanks probably had submachineguns/machine pistols, the MP-40.

If you want to read a good tanker's account of battle in North Africa, look for Major Robert Crisp's book "The Brazen Chariots." Crisp, a South African cricket player before the war, received the Distinguished Service Order and I think, the Military Cross for his valor. He was badly wounded. He commanded a squadron of Stuart tanks. The British called the American M-3 Stuart the Honey.

I like your story, and your English is excellent. I've seen just a few errors. It's interesting to see the war from the German side. You're a good writer.