Reviews for Vhanaiel
MySecretIndulgences chapter 17 . 9/4/2016
Nooooooooooo. I knew something was going to happen before they could leave the city, especially when Vhan got drunk again, but nooooo. Aw poor Julan, who really isn't Julan anymore I don't think...
MizuAz chapter 17 . 9/3/2016
Oooooh I hate having to wait for the next chapter! Hate it hate it hate it! *foot stomp scrunchy face*
basilisk6 chapter 17 . 9/3/2016
Holy crap! No wonder you were excited to share these upcoming chapters. This was an amazingly entertaining and action packed chapter! Like Vhan, I didn't expect the angels to arrive so soon either, but boy did they make an entrance. I wonder if they knew there was a party for sorcerers there or if it was just coincidence. And I had no idea Vhan's blade was so special that it could kill immortals. Very cool and definitely handy. I wonder where he got it from and how much it cost.

Vhan did a good job of fighting that angel, but I don't think he would have survived if Sharle hadn't stepped in. But then this led to healed memories and almost being murdered by Vhan, then just being abandoned by Vhan to the mercy of the angels. Poor fella. :( Although I look forward to seeing how he catches up to Vhan and what his character will be like now that he has his memories. But I feel he won't be all that different. Losing your memories shouldn't really change your personality, at least that's what I think.

Thanks for the new chapter! Have a great long weekend and see you next time. :D
Shela chapter 17 . 9/3/2016
And so it begins. I had to reread it a second time to try and pick out some small details. Perhaps one is that fact that Vhan might still have some followers among the angels. It did not seem like that particular one really wanted to kill him (in the beginning anyway). And that gets me thinking - why are the angels laying siege to the world again? I don't remember if I/we were told their motivation. Has the current leader gone crazy, and that is why Vhan's leadership is needed - to set them back on the rightful path?

Also it seems Julan has gotten his memories back, and I'm wondering was some of his magic had been restrained as well. That type of response reminds me of what happened to Leika in the previous story. Hm... I look forward to hearing from him when he's back to himself and thinking rationally... if that even happens lol

Much to look forward to. Onward! :)
dimensionrain chapter 16 . 9/1/2016
"Julan was struck still, mesmerized and horrified at once." Haha... me too, man.

Sharle's ability to not lash out or puke his guts out from that ordeal is astounding. I know it's instinct to obey and stay by Vhan no matter what, but it has to be rooted in something quite substantial. I would've been done with Vhan's crap a while ago lol. I guess Vhan's explanation of lost trust softened things a little, but only a little bit. It makes things a bit clearer for Sharle and that's only fair. Also, those pesky memories are coming soon, which I'm anticipating will CHANGE EVERYTHING.

I'm very excited to see what you're so excited to share :)
basilisk6 chapter 16 . 8/31/2016
I'm confused. I thought Vhan didn't let anyone top him, but it sounds as if Faro has had this opportunity in the past, though it's not clear how many times. Seeing as how Vhan was seemingly almost disemboweled this time, I hope it's not a frequent occurrence. Who else does he let top him?

It was awfully cruel to make Sharle watch, and I stand corrected when I thought Sharle wouldn't sit still while it happened. He really is super obedient. As awful as Vhan was, I'm glad he does feel guilt, otherwise he would be beyond help. And I like that he gave Sharle a truthful and detailed explanation of his past trauma and how it's fueling his cruelty towards Sharle. It's not acceptable, but understandable.

Thank you for the chapter! Is the next two chapters the end of the first act or something, since you're so excited? Well, if you're excited, then I'm super excited too. :)
Shela chapter 16 . 8/31/2016
Yup. I saw that coming. And I have to tell you, I was anxiously bouncing in my seat just like Julan was - or wanted to anyway. That hurt, man. It really did. I knew it was coming, but it didn't stop it from being so utterly cruel and evil and hateful and all kinds of negative words. the fact that Vhan opened up about what actually makes him lash out at Julan afterwards does not in anyway make the situation better. It's just another cop-out, and Vhan deserves every ache and inch of guilt that he feels for what he has done.

And Aiber, darling? You are so pitiful, its annoying to watch. I'm aware that he is trying to look after the man that he loves - especially since he has every right to believe that what is coming will cause Vhan some kind of anguish - but if even Vhan becomes annoyed by his outbursts, that should tell you something. No wonder he's getting snubbed. As long as it doesn't drive him too far over the edge and make him do something even more stupid. Though I am of the complete belief that Julan will TOTALLY take care of him eventually.

Lastly, it was interesting to hear that Julan is mentally holding off his magic from curing his mind and returning his memories. It's not surprising, but with the way the magic is pushing him, I believe the breaking point is not too far off. And I look forward to reading ALL about it. :)
MySecretIndulgences chapter 15 . 8/29/2016
What is drunk Vhan concocting now? How does he manage concocting such schemes when drunk? Every time I finish an update, I just want more to read! I got spoiled when this story was updating more often. Ah, guess I'll have to wait for next weekend, and hopefully chapter 15? Pretty please?
dimensionrain chapter 15 . 8/29/2016
Wait so... Vhan copious amount of illicit substances "thrill and pleasure" Faro ...

O_o

A winning combination. What could possibly go wrong.

Yeah, Drunk Vhan is awful. I'm sure Hungover Vhan is going to have fun dealing with the aftermath. Also, I'm assuming he forgot that Sharle once tore through coarse rope with his teeth so that belt is a poor choice. Haha, actually this entire chapter was bad choices, like, I cannot condone anything Vhan has done here at all. He's at a complete loss as to what to do and while I understand the turmoil, I can't wait until he has to face consequences.

Great update :) It distracts me from the pain and regret of choosing to get braces
Shela chapter 15 . 8/28/2016
*sigh* Vhan is difficult indeed to endure while drunk. I can only imagine the bad decisions he makes under the influence. Oh wait - he's making one now. He really shouldn't play with Julan. And I say that not only because I care for Julan, but also because a guilt-ridden Vhan is slightly annoying as well. And this screams of a situation of him getting what's coming to him, and hating himself for it in the morning. I suppose its nice to know that even Vhan can make bad decisions under the influence, but he never seems to accept the consequences of them, and rather just puts them off.

But what is he planning and what does it have to do with Faro? I ask, but I have an idea of what will go on. And I don't think this is going to turn out any better than the actions of Chapter 4 - for Julan at least. But we'll see.

Twas lovely reading to wake up to. I look forward to more. :)
basilisk6 chapter 15 . 8/27/2016
Hmmm, I'm not quite sure what Vhan's up to. Obviously it involves Faro and you confirmed it won't be another rape, so I can only guess that Vhan's going to bump uglies with Faro in front of Sharle. However, I don't think that belt is going to hold back Sharle's jealousy, and I don't know if Sharle's obedient enough to stay put even if Vhan orders him to. I look forward to the drama. :D

I wonder if Vhan would have let Sharle do him if he didn't have an unpleasant "flashback" of the past. He seemed playful and in a good mood, though that had a lot to do with the alcohol. It seems he's just curious about what it would be like, and not truly feeling attraction/desire towards Sharle. I get the feeling Vhan doesn't know what the hell he wants to do. Sharle has turned his world upside down and he's scrambling to get control back. It's so much fun to watch.

Thank you for the update! See ya next time. :)
MizuAz chapter 10 . 8/26/2016
I started this unfinished story before your completed one, so the more I get into this, the more my heart thumps anxiously, knowing I'm about to run out of chapters soon and hoping you'll post quickly. Love your professional-level writing abilities - tight plot, strong characters, excellent flow, and attention to grammar and spelling (thank you!). I'm really enjoying this anti-hero of yours (since I haven't read the first story, I don't know Vhan's background, but I'm enjoying his cruel streak, but keeping a hope that he, and the mad dog, will be redeemed in the end). Thank you for posting quickly, I hate having to berate myself for starting works in progress but it seems (fingers crossed) I won't have to do that with this one!
dimensionrain chapter 14 . 8/25/2016
There was some fluffiness (imagining Sharle playing with Berdagoan warms my heart, as does nighttime snuggles) but I got kinda sad at the end. Sharle has some fierce determination to win over Vhan, which is admirable (and kind of adorable...?) but I still can't fathom where it stems from. Intense long-term brainwashing perhaps? I wonder what his father told him about Vhan... However it got into his head, I feel pretty bad for him now. He can't avoid his memories for much longer and time is ticking.
I'm enjoying this pacing and writing a lot. It's not bursting with descriptions but i still "see" scenes quite vividly as I read, and the level of tension is always there. Can't wait for more :)
MySecretIndulgences chapter 14 . 8/25/2016
Oh no . . . Vhan seems to think it'd be such a bad thing for Julan to remember, but I sort of hope that the time he's spent with Vhan and the pack will be enough, when paired with his "madness" for Vhan, to counter what his memories reveal and say he must do.
Shela chapter 14 . 8/24/2016
Oh wow. Fluff it may have been, but those furs were lined with thorns. I feel bad for Julan. He has an uphill battle in front of him: a fight for the man that he was taught to love (I do not believe it to be a curse, but rather teachings of a person's true brilliance) and his own life. The many feels rode in like the tide from this chapter. I don't really know what to say about it. It has put me into a thoughtful mood, as I wonder what hope Julan has of remaining a part of Vhan's life.

Another beautiful chapter. I shall spend my time in slightly anxious, but mostly pensive, thought until you return :)
213 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 .. Last Next »