Reviews for Vhanaiel
Shela chapter 41 . 11/2/2016
Has the words of Azare finally broke through Vhan's defenses? Has he finally understood what Sharle has been trying to tell him? What it was to spend over 50 years desiring that which he couldn't have? Can Vhan truly not get his wings back? Will they be able to make it through to getting Vhan his magic back? Will they suffer more losses as the final battle rages? Is Vhan heading into Sharle's arms at this moment?

I am filled with more questions, and a joyous anxiousness as I await the next chapter. :)
dimensionrain chapter 40 . 10/31/2016
That's wonderful that some of the angels recognize that Vhan had always held them near and dear in his heart, and still does despite everything. They are certainly not bad. It's actually normal that they went along with everything when Vhan had been exiled, as horrible as it was. That's just social psychology. People are capable of terrible things when they're in large groups with hive minds but they are not necessarily bad people. What's important is their actions now: knowingly placing themselves at risk by betraying the queen and aligning themselves with Vhan. That's more telling than anything.

"You're too-" what, Vhan? Too awesome? Yeah, I completely agree. Sharle is awesome. But Vhan's still too afraid. At the very least he's cleared up that he does want to see Sharle after the war is over. That must be somewhat of a relief for Sharle. It sounded like he's been holding that question in for days and freaking out over it. It's enough hope for him to cling onto for now. I don't know what it would take for Vhan to be willing to put his heart out there. He's so close to it, but he just can't.
Shela chapter 40 . 10/31/2016
Still so much pain, in Vhan and in Sharle. I'm starting to wonder if it will ever go away. Will we have to have one of those "absence makes the heart grow fonder" moments? perhaps being apart will help Vhan realize how much he needs Sharle, and their reunion will show that Sharle was Vhan's just for himself, and not for the King.

But I'm just musing now. I didn't expect to see Menadrel so soon after his rescue. But five dozen new allies isn't too bad. I'm not sure if it will be enough though. Let's see what is made of their return among the rebels. :)
Vaesen chapter 1 . 10/31/2016
Hi!
Hum, first of all, English isn't my first language so I might not be able to express myself well. I'm sorry if some sentence doesn't make any sense ''
I devoured all the chapters in three or four days. When I wasn't working or studying, I was reading it. Even if I was often confused (I had to read a second time a lot to understand some passage; if we want, it's the first time I'm reading a fiction in English), I enjoyed every single chapter. I love all the characters and, seriously, I didn't want any of them to die - even if I knew that in a war it's happen. I almost cry. I loved Van's personality from the beginning and I also loved how his relation with the pup changed with time. There's actually a lot more I would want to say, but I don't know how, so I will only say thanks a lot for your story. It's fascinating and intriguing. I can't wait for the next chapter! :)
Vaesen
Shela chapter 39 . 10/30/2016
It's nice to know that there are still some angels who recognize Vhan as their true King. It's gonna be interesting to see some of the angels join the rebel forces, and how the others will respond.

Vhan's confrontation with his sister did show her as more of a power hungry tyrant, but let's see how many of the angels see Vhan's side. Vhan had once mentioned that her motivation to rule was strictly for power: is that the only truth? or is she to be a hidden meaning character as well? I don't know if I would be happy seeing her turn out that way.

Looking forward to what comes next :)
mavinclark chapter 39 . 10/30/2016
I haven't podted because im so into this that i fear going deeper might be negative but if you could please post the next ones that be great!
basilisk6 chapter 39 . 10/30/2016
Wow, that was a dicey situation. I wasn't sure how they would get out of that one, but it's great that a few of the angels went to his aid. There's hope. I wonder if some of them are comparing their life when Vhan ruled vs. now during his sister's rule and thinking "It was so much better back then", but they've gotten so used to it they don't even realize they're miserable. Actually, I don't know what Mavariel is like as a ruler. Homicidal for sure, but is she cruel, cold, belittling, etc. to her people? I can see her using them as meat shields during battle considering her no show for the first battle, but on a normal day, what's she like? She clearly has the majority of the people on her side, but are they loyal to her or just the throne.
dimensionrain chapter 38 . 10/30/2016
:'( Vhan has lost some very dear people already, all of whom had very old ties with him.
It's good to see Vhan realizing the necessity of Sharle's actions, kinda... sort of. At least he has allowed himself to fully feel the loss and pain. It's like he remembered that feeling powerful emotions like this is what makes him feel more alive and helps him remember who he is.
Alright, let's see where this war has to go next. With such a heavy loss, how much longer can they go?
basilisk6 chapter 38 . 10/29/2016
Man, I didn't want to see it happen, but I guess that the deaths of Maure and Bondo were needed for Vhan to become stronger. They were his oldest friends and the ones he loved most so it was devastating, but solidified his resolution to see this through.

I'm curious if the Shadow Lords can die, or are they truly immortal (not even silver can harm them). It sucks that only two of them were willing to help. And it's horrible that after such a brutal battle, this still isn't over. With half the fighter's dead, I can't imagine how they'll deal with another battle. I feel like they need a bloody miracle. :(
basilisk6 chapter 37 . 10/29/2016
Brilliant chapter. I imagine battle scenes are difficult to write since there's so much action and you need to balance the right amount of detail without writing a billion sentences.

Sad to see Bondo go, but that's the reality of battle. People die. It's nice that Vhan had the chance to say goodbye. But from the end, it doesn't seem as if all his wolves had that luxury.

The angels are very narrow minded. Things are either black or white, right or wrong. Vhan didn't choose anybody over them. He just accepted new people into his "family". I feel that they're basically like racists and they turn against the people who aren't. Ugh, I don't envy Vhan's job of having to rehabilitate them.
basilisk6 chapter 36 . 10/29/2016
Ugh, Vhan is in a terrible position of having to watch his people die and the people in the haven die. He's fighting for both sides and I can't imagine the mental strain. I don't blame him for breaking down and kind of having a panic attack. :(
basilisk6 chapter 35 . 10/29/2016
Removing the air is a nifty idea. I guess that also forces the angels to stay on the ground, which takes away the advantage of flight.

From what Leika said, it sounds as if Vhan, or I guess the Keeper, can actually undo the promise and return the heart? Or am I misunderstanding?
basilisk6 chapter 34 . 10/29/2016
I don't know why, but the scene in the White City sort of reminds me of an unpopular kid going to a 10 year high school reunion and telling off the popular kids who made him miserable. I don't mean that in a bad way. It's just how I imagine it would feel, going back to a place where there was so much unhappiness and everyone was an arsehole to you, and having to face them again.

I'll admit the sex scene was a bit out of place, but sex does seem to be something that helps Vhan de-stress (which kinda makes him sound like a sex addict :P).
basilisk6 chapter 33 . 10/29/2016
I'm curious if Anstas ever fell out of love with Leika and found someone else, like Hal had warned before leaving for the Shadow Realm. That would be sad, but not out of the ordinary. So many beautiful female celebrities get cheated on and it always surprises me because they're so pretty and I think "What more could you want, man?"
Shela chapter 38 . 10/27/2016
*sigh* so much loss. A day of grieving for his lost wolves, his lost angels. I can see how the pain and grief he feels is what had finally awoken him to the knowledge that his heart still remains, strong even in its disuse over the past three hundred years.

And finally! Vhan understands what it was that Sharle did for him! But it is painful to see that he still believe it was done out of a sense of duty. This is going to result in more pain for them both, I see it coming. And that's in addition to whatever the second wave of this battle will bring upon them.

Oh how will this one resolve? And what will be made of the second meeting with Vhan's lovely sister? Only time will tell :)
213 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »