Reviews for Erinyes
AllTheShips1717 chapter 1 . 5/9/2018
I knew this was gonna happen. I am ready for this though, I know what's gonna happen. (even ignoring that I read all of it), she's gonna get rescued and saved, and eventually try to return to Prism (although, I thought she was gonna be hiding from Libra and have all her memories, so I guessed wrong for that). Overall, I'm ready for more (seriously though, Patreon, how much do you want per chapter?)
AllTheShips1717 chapter 2 . 5/9/2018
(These reviews are starting to get lazy, but whatever)
Seriously Eon, could you act straight for one chapter? I mean, it gets way worse when she meets Avish, but still. Now, I'm just curious what will happen once she meets Prism, now that I know they are the same age.

Anyways, intense chapter. You tossed us in with no info, and I'm ready for it.
AllTheShips1717 chapter 3 . 5/9/2018
A bowl. Wow. This is a really itneresting design though. I think the system is really interesting though, that anything you do will be inflicted back onto you, which is actually a pretty good system. I mean, yeah, accidents suck, but this should drastically reduce crime. I'm a bit worried about what effects it would have on the people of the system. Still though, Libra is really interesting. They seem to value both conformity and individualism. Eon described the people walking past as looking similar to her, even though you can choose eye and hair color, but the machine suggests things and lets you choose things, which gives you free will, and you keep your mind when you become a harmonic, which is cool. Still though, this city is gonna be fun to imagine.
AllTheShips1717 chapter 4 . 5/9/2018
Interesting. So she hasn't lost all her memories, but rather, only a bit. She seems to remember a bit of Prism. Gah, I really want to see them meet, that would be amazing. What do you want for an update to this story? Money? I'll give you money, what's your Patreon, how much do you want? Jokes aside though, this chapter was as good as always. I really want to see them meet. Still though, I don't dislike the technician. She seems playful, yet skilled. I think Kino is a bit too overprotective.
AllTheShips1717 chapter 5 . 5/9/2018
That intro was great. Still though, I feel bad for Prism, and I really like her though. Also, she's 20 now, interesting. Wait, is this a time skip, does that mean Eon is like... 35 now? (Okay, at the time, I didn't realize how archived minds worked and didn't know that she was suspended in time for a while, so they should in actuality be around the same age, but I thought they were still different ages). So far though, Prism is my favorite character though, because I like her dedication and loyalty towards her father and Eon, and I like that she can actually thinks for herself. She isn't the stereotypical weakling, but not that OP badass either. I just really like her, which makes me hate Rewol and Vaal even more.

Seriously though, I don't think these idiots know what 'lynching' is. The point of lynching is that it's without a trial, so they can be innocent and people just like them. Honestly, I can't think of a single example where a person lynched was legit guilty. In fact, I'm pretty sure the reason lynching was so popular is because many people were angry and didn't think that the court would rule in their favor (though don't quote me on that, History was the only class I wasn't a honor's/AP student in, and even then, I still got a B in it). If you are lynched, you should automatically assume that the person is probably innocent, because if the person is guilty, there is no reason you should ever need to lynch somebody. I all of a sudden wish the Libra justice system would kill all of them.

Speaking off, I want Libra to win now. I originally remained neutral, because neither felt that awful or amazing, but no, everyone in Sierram is an absolute asshole that I want to break the knees of, and the literal only person I like so far is Prism, who is said to be a libra sympathizer. Everyone just sucks, and I want to knock that ship out of that sky. Especially, Rewol and Vaal. I want them dead, there is nothing likable about them, which I don't know if I like or not. I'm gonna say it works because they are not really the main villains, but I find it kinda funny that you can make characters so well-rounded and sympathizable despite being a villain (I'm thinking of Tayoshi BTW), and then you make the most horrible people ever. It's funny because you are like two extremes, either amazing because you can sympathize with them, or the most unlikable people ever, like Fuzen, or in this case Vaal and Rewol. Seriously, Vaal is a hypocrite, controlling, hot headed, and just downright awful, while Rewol is just a downright bitch that doesn't seem to understand what lynching is.
AllTheShips1717 chapter 6 . 5/9/2018
Not much to say about this one, except for maybe asshole of a person, first Libran I saw who acted like this, and I'm surprised he isn't getting punished for it. My guess though (I know I read it all, but this was my guess at that time) is that he is emotionally angry at the world because his brother died. Still though, that part where she just blasted fire from her mouth was pretty funny, mostly because I didn't see it coming, and I'm wondering how they use that in combat. Seriously though, how fast would they need to overheat for blasting fire out of their mouths to not be enough?
AllTheShips1717 chapter 7 . 5/9/2018
Gah, I hope you don't kill off Prism, she's my favorite character in the series so far. That scene feels like foreshadowing something that I don't exactly want to imagine. Still though, this chapter was overall very interesting. I liked the little moment between Ferrin and Eon, where we got to see Ferrin's more passive, I guess afraid, side. And I like the thing with the promise, which parallels the beginning where she "broke" her promise to Prism.

And having read as far as I have (as I'm reviewing backwards and writing these how I think I remember them, with some occassional notes), is Pit the raven?
AllTheShips1717 chapter 8 . 5/9/2018
Finally, somebody from Sierram who ISN'T an asshole. I like Ruka, she reminds me a lot, personality wise, to Avish, because neither seem to care who somebody once was, but rather who that person is now. I honestly have more respect for Prism now, and I really like her. I'm a little worried though, I hope you don't kill her off later, because I really like her. Still though, Vaal is even more of an asshole than I gave him credit for, poor Vigilance. He reminds me, just from the way you described him, Tom Buchanan in terms of how much I don't like him.
AllTheShips1717 chapter 9 . 5/9/2018
Sans Serif? Really? Still though, Sans is still way less of an asshole than just about everybody from Sierram except for Prism and Ruka. Still though, this is pretty well done.
AllTheShips1717 chapter 10 . 5/9/2018
WHY! Please finish this story, please! I want to see what happens when Prism and Eon finally meet up after so long. Also, I honestly want to see more of what happens to Prism, you left us on a bit of a cliffhanger with that, and I want to know what happens to Prism and Vigilance. Still though, this is interesting. I wish to see more.
FoldedHands chapter 10 . 9/19/2016
Heart of stone...Pit's, Kino's, or Eon's, I wonder? I suppose Eon doesn't quite have a heart of stone, but she is remarkably cold in this chapter, more than any of the previous. She seemed more empathetic in the earlier chapters than she does in this one.

In what way are children raised in Libra, so that the bond between parents and children is negligible? People still form bonds with each other in this society: Eon and Kino are friends, Serif cared about Cyrus, Sans cares about Serif, and Ferrin is protective of Eon. Why wouldn't parents bond with their children?

This chapter also raises questions about Cyrus and Kino's team. If he's been dead for years, why wasn't he replaced a long time ago? Why is Serif still pissed off at the idea of someone else joining the team?
FoldedHands chapter 8 . 9/19/2016
It probably wouldn't be difficult to reprogram Vigilance to register Vaal as-ah, forget it.

I don't understand a couple of things. Why did Prism take Vigilance back to her room instead of down to the maintenance bay, and how is Ruka, as she put it, giving her a leg up? She's not helping Prism at all; she got her involved in something where she's very likely to get in trouble. It's good that you're showing another side of Sierram military personnel, though, because so far every encounter with them has been negative.
FoldedHands chapter 7 . 9/19/2016
Oh. I guess Eon already knows the details behind her near death. Never mind, then. What I don't understand is why Avish feels like that was a mistake she had to make up for. It may have been unintended, but it was an enemy vessel and a military one at that. It's not like they downed a transport full of civilians. I know she said that it was because Eon wasn't a soldier yet, but it doesn't seem to fit. She would have been a soldier-she had been drafted and was on her way to basic. I guess I just don't trust Avish, or Libra itself, and I definitely don't trust Erinyes.

At first I was going to ask if Eon was attracted to Avish, but then I kept reading and it became pretty obvious. So instead I have to ask, is it just me or is Avish aware of Eon's attraction to her and using it to play with Eon's head?

Kino said that as long as Eon's heart still beats they can rebuild her, but what about her brain? Was she just overlooking that, or was Eon's brain replaced as well?
FoldedHands chapter 5 . 9/9/2016
It probably wouldn't be too hard to reprogram one of those Cicadas to label Rewol as a threat the next time she passed through. Might want to have an exit plan first, though.

So, ultranationalism on one side and justice untempered by mercy on the other. I would rather live in Libra, but they both suck.
FoldedHands chapter 4 . 9/6/2016
"People tended not to lose their fingers."

They do if an intruder really wants to get somewhere.

Wouldn't causing needless stress and fear to the new Harmonics be against Libra's thing about justice and balance? Do they get to punch Calliope in the face afterwards or something?