Reviews for Chaotic Romantic
Matty F chapter 20 . 7/27/2018
Chaotic Romantic written by Encore19 tells the story of high school students Seth and Troy and the formation of a relationship between the two, from the first time they make awkward eye contact with each other, through to a thrilling conclusion.

The author takes you on a rollercoaster ride to chilling highs to the exasperating lows. The characters are relatable to a certain extent for a m/m fiction story which makes it a breeze to read and keeps you engaged with incredible story-telling involving character back stories, the in-story character development and some very hot sex scenes.

Parts of the story that stuck with me are pretty much all of page 18 P

Unlike the previous story which I read by the author "Unidentified Homosexual" where the victory-in-love felt pyrrhic and left a bad taste in the mouth, this story felt more natural and relatable.

Throughout the story we are given subtle flashes that not everything is as it seems to be, what will happen between Seth & Troy? Have a read and find out.

All in all, a great read by a great writer.
Mikealfaxray chapter 20 . 6/26/2017
It began as cute, and quickly became horrifying. Troy is a psycho, geez. Hearing his justifications felt so wrong. It was a fantastic story though. Perhaps not a romance in my opinion though...
I must admit though that while reading this, I read stories of fucked up irl shit. It warped my mind at the end and made me realize just how psychotic the story was.
Anyways, great story.
FrayedNeurons chapter 20 . 5/25/2017
Well, Troy got his happy ending after all. It seems that Seth isn't too unhappy with his current situation either. I suppose thats good.

Troy's dark nature is very well done, with his general lack of regard for others and his blatant rudeness towards everyone and everything when he's in his own head. He's also able to further charm Seth with his lies and acting skills. This blend of his charisma and apathetic nature make Troy a dreadfully wonderful villain.

I would say that sex scenes were well written and well balanced. Soooo much better than the jumbled messes you see most of the time.

Seth is a typical jock, but he is still a decent guy and doesn't feel like he's just a stereotype. You can really see him struggling with himself and the spell. I would have liked to have seen a bit more of his struggles from his own point of view. However, I find myself satisfied enough with the glimpses we see from Troy's eyes in the last couple of chapters.

Well this didn't go anything like I thought it would at first. I enjoyed far more than I was expecting too. It was actually a nice twist to see a more villainous character get his happy ending through means of the dark arts. All in all, I think that this is a very interesting and different story you have here.
FrayedNeurons chapter 19 . 5/25/2017
Hmm... I wonder if Seth acting the way he did in the last chapter was to do with the spell?
Seth still thinks Troy's a good guy. If he's as stuck in this situation as I think he is, I can only hope that he never finds out the truth.
Wow, you can really tell that Seth is struggling against the spell, but he just can't get free. In the last part you can see Seth finally falling into Troy's clutches. Well, at least Troy want's to be a devoted husband. I suppose that's something.
FrayedNeurons chapter 18 . 5/25/2017
It seems Troy got everything he ever wanted. I wonder if it will stay that way?
This is a well written scene. Once again, enough balance between the physical and mental parts. Sometimes people just drag sex scenes on forever and other times there just a little to short. This, however, is a good length, It doesn't drag on and it's long enough to be satisfying.
FrayedNeurons chapter 17 . 5/25/2017
Wow, that spell's really messed Seth up. He's just plodding along like a zombie. 0_0
So Troy's friends actually aren't that bad and they really do care about him. It's just that we're in Troy's head that we mostly just see them in a negative light. Wow.
Troy's really determined, I wonder if all this will end badly for him after all?
FrayedNeurons chapter 16 . 5/25/2017
Troy makes a lot of assumptions about how Seth feels, but we don't really get to see enough of Troy's actions to really judge that for ourselves. It makes me wish we could spend more time in Seth's head for a bit to see if that's how he really feels or if it's just Troy being really negative.
So he does stalk Seth and creep around his house. This is why you lock your windows and close your curtains. Troy likes to terrify Hillary... That's just kinda mean.
Hmm... seems Troy's goals have changed. I wonder how it will work out for him.
FrayedNeurons chapter 15 . 5/25/2017
Wow, I like how, despite Seth sort of being a stereotypical jock, his house is nothing like the kind that is usually associated with that. Also, first time at Troy's boyfriend's house and he immediately insults it. XD Though I agree that it does seem to be a mess.
Apparently Seth isn't the only desperate one.
I have to say that this was honestly a very well written scene. The blend between physical actions and Troy's inner monologue has a near seamless flow. It also has just the right amount of each.
FrayedNeurons chapter 14 . 5/25/2017
Yep, Troy's really smitten. However it does seem like he may have a few regrets about what he's done to Seth. Maybe it will turn out okay in the end...
Seth twitching around is sort of worrying. It makes me wonder if the spell is starting to have adverse effects on him.
That last part is rather alarming. It also has me wondering what price Troy had to pay to get the demons to do his will.
FrayedNeurons chapter 13 . 5/25/2017
Man, all of them don't really seem to like each other that much. I can't help wondering why they're all still friends or were even friends to start with? Perhaps they're all just a band of outcasts that stick together or maybe they had a better relationship when they first met. I'm glad that all of Troy's friends prevent him from forcing Hannah into doing the rituals. It shows that, perhaps, they aren't totally terrible friends to her after all .
Troy seems to just keep his friends around to freak them out for his own amusement. This chapter really makes it apparent just how messed up of a person he actually is. This has taken a much darker turn than I was thinking it would.
FrayedNeurons chapter 12 . 5/24/2017
Okay wow, so he's just been lying to Seth to make himself more mysterious and interesting?
I feel bad for his mom, she seems to really care about her son. It seems to me that all she really wants to do is just make sure he's happy and safe.
Troy's really smitten with Seth, but at the same time it seems like its not him he's in love with but rather the idea of him.
Poor Hannah she's gotten herself stuck with terrible people who just want to use her. :(

Wow, Troy's actually a rather terrible person 0_0. With how chill and nice he seemed from Seth's point of view I really wouldn't have expected that. Maybe part of that was to do with the spell's influence?
FrayedNeurons chapter 11 . 5/23/2017
Oh, we get to run around in Troy's head for awhile? This should be interesting.
Okay so he is into occult after all, wow.

Ouija boards? As in plural? I can't help asking the question of how many Ouija boards one truly needs? XD I'm astounded at the possibility that you might need more than one. Does one require a fancy upscale one to contact fancy ghosts? XD I'm sorry, I have a terrible sense of humor. x_x

So he did put a spell on him? Wow, poor Seth. I wonder how Seth will feel if he ever learns the truth? I also hope Troy won't have to face too many repercussions from using black magic and talking to demons. This has certainly taken an interesting turn.
FrayedNeurons chapter 10 . 5/23/2017
They're so adorable and awkward on their first date. Yay boyfriends!

I want them to be together, but at the same time I have mixed feelings. Troy does obviously have dark secrets and I can't help wondering if Seth should really be getting involved.

Dun dun dun da! Enter the mother to ruin their date. XD She seems like a nice lady though, volunteering to coach disabled kids. I actually look forward to seeing more of her in the future.
Troy certainly isn't happy though, doesn't like being interrupted I guess.
FrayedNeurons chapter 9 . 5/23/2017
Yay! confessions of feelings! Seth is finally no longer in denial! A'ww they're so cute together when they're all embarrassed. Though it does still seem a little sudden. I'm glad they were able to talk about what happened like it wasn't that big of a deal.
Oh my, sounds like there might be going to be trouble brewing with Seth's friends. I hope it doesn't turn out bad.
I wonder where they'll end up going and what this change in their relationship will hold for them?
FrayedNeurons chapter 8 . 5/23/2017
Hangovers and school, not a good combination. I feel bad for Seth...
Either Troy has an old chewed on pencil or Hannah's lying. If it's true then that's a little creepy, Troy must be really obsessed. If it's not, than Troy really needs new friends, but honestly he may need new friends anyway. I agree with Seth that he could probably do better.
58 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »