Reviews for The Object in the Glass Case
Eemalovescats chapter 1 . 3/9/2018
Cool! will there be more?
Silver-Snow-77 chapter 1 . 10/8/2016
This is so lovely, aaah! Clever Fyair and the restored violin, a piece of human culture recovered and preserved on an alien world...well done, hon.
SneezySoul chapter 1 . 10/7/2016
yOOOO SHOW DEM HOES HOW TO PLAY

(this was surprisingly good! I loved it! :D )
Fernandidilly-yo chapter 1 . 10/5/2016
I liked this very much, I want to find out how she even know how to play the violin. How old was she when she was adopted, what happened to her real family? Are humans a rarity in this au? I HAVE SO MANY QUESTIONS!
I also found this more detailed than some of your other stories. Maybe you feel more connected to your own characters and that's why? But I liked it, and it was well written.
Keep up the good work Alicia! ;)
Debbie Greenwood chapter 1 . 10/5/2016
As far as short stories go, this one is nice and compact - great beginning and good ending. I loved the names, "Fyair" and "Flynn". I would have loved to know the names of the daughters too and thought it would have been a great ending for the daughters to arrive home and see, with "faces slack, wide-eyed in shock" Fyair playing the violin. Your style of writing is lyrical and descriptive, easy to read, and I loved the way you introduced the character slowly with a mixture of dialogue and self-reflection in the first chapter.

I felt that I would like to know more about this character and her story...perhaps a series of short stories, each one building on the other? Anyway well done Alicia!
FrostedDragon3 chapter 1 . 10/5/2016
This was really well written! You've immediately been able to establish the type of civilization the story is set in, and left quite a bit of question for us! Just enough mystery to keep us biting! Wonderful piece here and I look forward to more!
Master Chief chapter 1 . 10/5/2016
This was a neat short story. Very succinct and well written. My biggest problem with short stories is that I'm always wanting more. I want to know more about Fyair... and how she came to be adopted, and how she knows how to play the violin. I want to know more about these aliens, who have no problem taking in a human. So many questions.

Anyway, all of that aside. I liked this. Would love to see you try to expand this into something with a little more meat.

Looking forward to your next piece.

M.C.
hj chapter 1 . 10/5/2016
nice story and echanting writestyle