Reviews for Curseborn
Guest chapter 39 . 1/16
I've honestly always kind of felt that Rhynan was creepy, but when he interacts with Terl he actually seems sort of cute, in a way. I hope we get to see them interacting more in the future! Something that I really liked about their conversation is that it felt really authentic, as if all of those things had really been written before. I love little details like that! It really makes fictional worlds come alive! It's just one of the many things that I love about your writing!
Guest chapter 39 . 1/14
Terl's really come a long way! He dealt with this situation so calmly and confidently! And love that he and Rhynan got along so well. It also appears that Terl's made a new friend! I feel bad for Rhynan because it seems that he doesn't really want to be king and it seems that everybody else doesn't really want him to be either. The Circle of Magi are just using him so that they can deny Aramy's claim to the throne. It's really not fair. But at least Terl seems to appreciate Rhynan's intelligence, so I hope that they really do get to become friends.

Now that everybody's gathered together, things are really starting to get exciting. I can't wait to see where this story goes next! I'm probably going to spend all of my free time over the next couple of days trying to guess about what's going to happen!
Guest chapter 38 . 1/7
Wow Terl! I can't believe that he's forgotten that he was the main instigator of that kiss! I guess that he felt so embarrassed that he blocked it from his mind. Poor Jessam, being accused of using Terl as a replacement for Heron. Terl is a very different person from Heron so it would be pretty difficult to think of Terl as his replacement.

It's good that Terl is trying to help the Seneran army. Hopefully that will slow Ophiant down alot. But hopefully Jessam's thought, that Kestrel will lose the teeny tiny bit of trust he has for Terl, is incorrect. The Basquialists are essential to stopping Ophiant. I wish Kestrel could trust Jessam's support for Terl. It seems that even though Kestrel knows that Jessam is a capable soldier, he can't help but see Jessam as the naïve little kid that he met in Azed Court. Hopefully that will change in the future.
LaChiffon chapter 38 . 1/6
What an exciting chapter! Terl's grown a lot! He's so much more outspoken and assertive when compared to how he was in earlier chapters. Hopefully Terl's information will have a positive impact on this war with the witch of wishes.

Honestly I think that keeping Terl hidden away would do nothing in the end. I understand that everyone's concerned for Terl's safety, but I'm certain that if Ophiant really wanted to get him, he could have easily done so by now.
Guest chapter 38 . 1/5
Go Terl! He did a really good job of keeping calm and explaining himself! I hope that the Seneran army listens to him! I feel a bit bad for Jessam. He was just trying to keep Terl safe and ended up being compared to Sellady. That's gotta sting!

I hope that you are having a nice new year! I really love this story and I'm really looking forward to reading more from you this year!
Guest chapter 37 . 12/31/2017
Eek! The trouble comes to Terl and co! I can’t wait for the next chapter!
SnugBugs chapter 37 . 12/30/2017
Yessss all I wanted was for them to kiss! I never really liked Heron, and I trusted him even less. I mean, maybe he was truly pure or maybe he was just a puppet after all, but either way, Jessam and Terl for the win!
Guest chapter 37 . 12/24/2017
Poor Terl :( I hope that things wont be too awkward now between him and Jessam. I really think that Terl's going to need Jessam's support now that Ophiant is back. It doesn't seem like they can really do anything to stop Ophiant yet. So I hope that Terl doesn't do anything stupid.

I hope that you enjoy your holidays!
LaChiffon chapter 37 . 12/24/2017
Fantastic chapter as always! The Jessam/Terl shipper in me was both cheering with joy and saddened while reading this chapter. I felt the kiss coming but knew their relationship wasn't at that point just yet, especially since Heron died not too long ago. I'm curious as to where their relationship will go from here and how it'll go if Heron ever pops back into the picture now that they've shared this awkward moment. Despite how the kiss went, I did love all of the moments they shared together in this chapter.

Also, it seems that Ophiant is back on the move! Can't wait to see what he does from here on out. I wonder how exactly he planned on turning Terl into Emalen too and when Terl will come back into his focus.
Guest chapter 36 . 12/15/2017
Wow! That's creepy! Everything that happened to Emalen was really sad, but that doesn't excuse Ophiant's creepiness! It seems to be that he looks at people the same way that he looks at his dolls - as though they are all just objects for him to do with whatever he pleases.

Something I noticed was that Ophiant is really similar to Terl in some ways. His devotion to Emalen is very similar to Terl's feelings for Heron. Terl also initially wanted to bring Heron back, but in a much less creepy. After seeing this, I wonder if Terl's desire for revenge will diminish a bit. It'll be interesting to see.
Guest chapter 36 . 12/10/2017
On the one hand, I now kind of feel sorry for Ophiant. Those pesky socially enforced ministra roles strike once again. But on the other hand, WHAT THE HECK DOES HE THINK HE'S GONNA DO TO PRECIOUS TERL!? If Ophiant wasn't a giant creep, Terl would have probably been able to grow-up like any average magus. Maybe it's for the best because who knows what sort of person Terl would have been as an energos or ministra, but Ophiant is largely responsible for Terl's imprisonment. That makes me really mad! I hope that Terl gets to kick Ophiant's butt!
LaChiffon chapter 36 . 12/10/2017
I. Loved. This. Chapter! Ophiant has always intrigued me and we finally got to learn his back story! Just wow, I loved every second of reading this. I can't express enough how wonderful and insightful this was. I absolutely adored the relationship between him and Emalen and found his devotion to her admirable, at least until the very end when you got to see how much of a creep he is. I can't wait to find out just what he's going to do to bring back Emalen. I also found that the energos/ministra dynamic between Jacquan and Emalen reminded me a lot of Ophiant and his dolls. So Ophiant's kind of like the Jacquan to the Terl/Jessam/Heron relationship, complete with Terl and Jessam wanting to bring Heron back (or at the very least, they want to avenge his death).
Guest chapter 35 . 12/6/2017
I'm really glad that Jessam and Terl had that conversation. Jessam said a lot of the things that I had been thinking so I'm really glad that Terl got to hear them. Hopefully Terl will start to appreciate himself more
Guest chapter 35 . 12/1/2017
I really like how compared to previous meeting, there seems to have been a subtle shift in the relationship between Jessam and Terl. Instead of trying to calm Terl down, Jessam's fighting with him. I really admire Terl's bravery. He managed to stay calm while Kestrel threatened him, but I was freaking out! As much as I love Kestrel, he can be really scary sometimes!
Guest chapter 35 . 12/1/2017
Damn. Kestrel has no chill. I keep wanting to believe he and Aramy are playing bad cop/good cop, but I really can't tell for sure. Either way, I can't really blame him though. Kudos to Aramy for being so reasonable though, and for being able to creep out Terl (in a funny/cute way).

I'm always glad to see Jessam and Terl bonding. Now if only someone else was there too. Sob.

Sellady took that fairly well, and nice to see BROramb again. This could be the turning point where both sides wise up to how big of a threat Ophiant is. That cache screams bad news and a infodump though.
121 | Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »