Reviews for Tale of the Cursed Witch
InsomniacOwl chapter 1 . 8/12/2017
I thought I'd wander over and get an idea of how you used characters as individuals rather than groups and I wasn't expecting this, I've never even considered having multiple first person POVs. Can I just say that I think it's a brilliant idea? I'm always torn between first and third person when I start a new story. First person conveys so much more individuality and personality for a narrator, but can be limiting stuck in one view point. You've found a way around that have multiple first person narrators, that really surprised me.

I always find it really hard to manage tenses when writing in first person but as far as I can tell you've maintained present tense nicely throughout this chapter at least. Also, you've avoided a common pitfall I have when writing first person, which is getting carried with the personalised narration. You've kept this concise and to the point while still conveying personality. Thanks for telling me about this story, because it's really made me think about my own writing. I don't think I could write something like this, I honestly don't, because I always worry that all my first person narrators are the same. It makes me want to try something with at least two distinct first person narrators, so thanks again.

On other notes, I really enjoy the magic school genre and think it's a blast to write in so I hope you have fun with this. Thanks again and have a great day!
Toritacoisawesome chapter 6 . 12/26/2016
There are some stories that don't catch my attention right away. This is NOT one of those stories. I love it. Great job.